Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will my Poor Militia Commander Ever Walk Again?  (Read 451 times)

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Will my Poor Militia Commander Ever Walk Again?
« on: January 16, 2011, 10:02:25 pm »

He got a red wound to his legs, apparently damaging his sensory and motor nerves, and forbidding him to walk, over time the wound has turned yellow, but will he ever walk again? He defending the fort from one ambush, by himself, I would hate to see this tough bugger go.

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Will my Poor Militia Commander Ever Walk Again?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 10:11:14 pm »

Nerves never heal, ever. Unless you want to go into the raws and remove the nerves from dwarves (or give them a heal rate), you might as well get a memorial slab ready and dump the poor fellow in the magma sea.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 10:39:01 pm »

nope

I think there's a workaround involving removing legs from the dwarf entry in the raws and then replacing them.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 10:44:43 pm »

He was a good dwarf.
 :'(

Illanair

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as Nexie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 04:17:15 am »

I suggest you make his last years comfortable and begin work on a memorial tomb for him - make it large enough and designate it as a statue garden and you've got a sort of memorial garden that your dwarfs will visit in the years to come. :-\
I am going to copy the chicken entry and rename everything chocobo and make it 100x the size of a normal chicken and make it rideable.  Too bad our dwarves probably wont ride them. >_>

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 05:13:43 am »

Have all his scheduled treatments happened? I've had multiple Dwarves who couldn't stand anymore walking again when the medics were done with them.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 11:07:11 am »

Are the nerves damaged or severed? Adding a healing rate to nerves in the raws will fix the former, but not the latter.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.