Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help, if you will  (Read 1558 times)

Anubis039

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help, if you will
« on: January 16, 2011, 05:49:52 pm »

How am i supposed to kill a forgotten beast that is a blob made of water. apparently its also carrying a syndrome, so i need to be careful about that as well. i just need a little advice.
TG: like if honor among thieves is something then lets call it camaraderie among ironic rapping roof ninjas

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help, if you will
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 05:50:40 pm »

Tell your resident cheese maker to punch it.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 05:51:11 pm »

How am i supposed to kill a forgotten beast that is a blob made of water. apparently its also carrying a syndrome, so i need to be careful about that as well. i just need a little advice.
Send some less important guy with cheap stuff at it. It will probably die in a hit or two.
Dangit ninja.

K17U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:51:47 pm »

Have somebody shoot a bolt at it. It should pop immediately and your dwarves are staying out of range.

Anubis039

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 05:57:49 pm »

righto, off to try ranged weapons
TG: like if honor among thieves is something then lets call it camaraderie among ironic rapping roof ninjas

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 06:50:57 pm »

It's made of water. There really isn't anything that will leave it alive after two or three hits. Just drop a useless peasant into its cavern and wall it off. Then, once both dwarf and beast are dead, run dfcleanmap (part of the DF Hack library) and reopen the cavern. Problem solved.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 07:48:50 pm »

It's made of water. There really isn't anything that will leave it alive after two or three hits. Just drop a useless peasant into its cavern and wall it off. Then, once both dwarf and beast are dead, run dfcleanmap (part of the DF Hack library) and reopen the cavern. Problem solved.
Or don't run DF cleanmap. By default, contaminants aren't supposed to spread in fort mode "in the most recent version".

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 07:52:06 pm »

Or don't run DF cleanmap. By default, contaminants aren't supposed to spread in fort mode "in the most recent version".
I'd like to have a word with my latest version, then.

EDIT: oh, you meant that kind of spreading. Then... huh... yep. Taking my coat...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:56:41 pm by Musashi »
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 07:53:41 pm »

I'd like to have a word with my latest version, then.
They still attach to stuff and affect them if it steps in the stuff, they just won't make any more puddles.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 08:00:46 pm »

Sigging :P
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice