Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DAMN MERCHANTS STEALING MAH GOODS  (Read 1264 times)

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DAMN MERCHANTS STEALING MAH GOODS
« on: January 16, 2011, 03:36:21 pm »

Yeah, i discovered why you don;t want to build the goods stockpiles TOO close to the Depot. Turns out the sneaky little blighters steal from you if your stockpile is within 1 square of walking distance. They went, right in front of me, and stole three gold goblets worth around 5k each.

Blasted elves. I set my militia loose on them.

Don;t know if humans or other dwarves do this though. It was kinda a surprise for me when I saw the elves do it.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: DAMN MERCHANTS STEALING MAH GOODS
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 03:42:28 pm »

Now I think you are just going to await the Siege Arc , hehehe , siegging the elf retreat they came from , that will teach the bastards to hold there hands off the mercahndise , and that will teach you to don't let the stinky bastards touch your gold
Desu

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 03:44:25 pm »

Destroy the depot beneath their feet and steal everything they have. Ah, bittersweet vengeance...

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 03:46:51 pm »

Destroy the depot beneath their feet and steal everything they have. Ah, bittersweet vengeance...

No blood? Doesn't sound dwarfy to me.  ;)

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 03:50:56 pm »

Umm add a spiketrap floor
Desu

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 03:53:19 pm »

Magmadumping doesn't involve blood either :P
Also there are people who just aren't that good with the military *cough* so a siege is probably the worst that could happen.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 03:59:23 pm »

Magma melts skin, and makes them bleed that way, with the added bonus of also incinerating all of the blood so there is no cleanup.

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 04:09:18 pm »

Magma melts skin, and makes them bleed that way, with the added bonus of also incinerating all of the blood so there is no cleanup.

It melts the fat first.  Talk about a lean steak.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 10:46:44 pm »

Yeah, i discovered why you don;t want to build the goods stockpiles TOO close to the Depot. Turns out the sneaky little blighters steal from you if your stockpile is within 1 square of walking distance. They went, right in front of me, and stole three gold goblets worth around 5k each.

Blasted elves. I set my militia loose on them.

Don;t know if humans or other dwarves do this though. It was kinda a surprise for me when I saw the elves do it.
Any proof?
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 02:02:53 am »

Not really, I just saw it happen when they picked op to leave, they stood in the middle of the Depot like they normally do, but all of a sudden, I see them walk over and take the goblet.

I'll try to recreate best I can.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 05:06:47 am »

Now I think you are just going to await the Siege Arc , hehehe , siegging the elf retreat they came from , that will teach the bastards to hold there hands off the mercahndise , and that will teach you to don't let the stinky bastards touch your gold
The elves won't attack you for killing their caravan once. :o
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Red_Rob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 05:55:27 am »

I had 4 seperate caravans killed by goblin sieges and Cyclops attacks and they kept coming back. I got to keep everything in the trade depot every time. Made me think about the viability of capturing monsters in cages and then building them next to the trade depot and opening them when I needed free stuff  :P