Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Death by cleaning  (Read 513 times)

Avin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Death by cleaning
« on: January 16, 2011, 08:24:06 am »

Lets face it, who hasn't wanted to flood the world with magma?
40 some odd pumps later I've a lovely magma pump stack spewing magma all over the east hill side in a wonderful display of burning goblins. But that's when I notice Urist McBledtoDeath. I can only guess that he was some where in one of the areas where the magma would flow through the stacks and I just didn't notice when I started up the engine of death.

I don't think much of this poor dwarf and return to my magma related duties until I notice "Urist McCleaner cancels Clean: Dangerous terrain" followed by "Urist McCleaner has bled to death." Thats right, the whole of my fort has become compelled to clean the blood of a dwarf from the walls of my pump stack. And all of them pay for it with their lives.

Clearly in the future I'll need to make sure that once the pump stack is completed that there isn't anyway for a dwarf to get back in there but shouldn't the magma take care of my cleaning problems?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Death by cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 08:26:31 am »

Just assign them to a burrow when you flood everything with magma. And in theory the magma should remove anything that's not magma safe

Also shame on you for having an elf as an avatar.

Avin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 09:24:22 am »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 09:25:50 am »

Avin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 09:30:32 am »

um....
That comic isn't official final fantasy material so I'm not listening..... ya, thats my story, right....

{hangs head in shame and crawls away}