Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Abandoned Wounded Child  (Read 3084 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: Abandoned Wounded Child
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 01:31:08 pm »

Aha! Create a burrow around the child and somebody will (hopefully) notice it.
Thanks. Didn't need to in this instance, since the victim was mining out a large cluster of magnetite when we were running low on iron ore, but I'll have to remember that one.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 06:07:39 pm »

Now why would you want to save a child that cannot stand? It won't be able to ever do anything, all it would do after being put in the hospital is resting there for the rest of its life. Just let it die in the cavern, since dorfs give placing dead in tombs a much higher priority than actually recovering wounded no problem there.

Sicko.
It may be sick, but here at Bay 12, dwarven children will be sacrificed for the greater good.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 06:10:07 pm »

Now why would you want to save a child that cannot stand? It won't be able to ever do anything, all it would do after being put in the hospital is resting there for the rest of its life. Just let it die in the cavern, since dorfs give placing dead in tombs a much higher priority than actually recovering wounded no problem there.

Sicko.
It may be sick, but here at Bay 12, dwarven children will be sacrificed for the greater good.

The greater good being your laughter as you watch him rot?

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 06:16:50 pm »

Sicko.

From some people's point of view maybe, but I'm more on shlorf's side.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 06:18:18 pm »

Sicko.

From some people's point of view maybe, but I'm more on shlorf's side.

I'm probaly the only person on this fourum who grows attached my dorfs and gets even mildly upset when my dwarfs die.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 06:28:09 pm »

I'm probaly the only person on this fourum who grows attached my dorfs and gets even mildly upset when my dwarfs die.
You aren't the only one.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 06:32:29 pm »

You aren't the only one.

Thank gosh.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 06:33:30 pm »

You aren't the only one.
I'm disappointed when my favorite dwarves die. Like if I have a militia member I like that dies, or a worker that's legendary. If it is just an obscure dwarf, it doesn't bother me, because I have reserves.
I do try to prevent deaths though. Tantrum spirals aren't exactly productive.
Pages: 1 [2]