Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Pattern Anomaly  (Read 6731 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Pattern Anomaly
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2011, 01:20:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2011, 01:24:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Feeling a bit better, you stand up and buy a drink from the vending machine. Your chest feels a bit tight, and your breathing is wheezy, but otherwise you seem to have escaped unharmed. The cold drink helps clear your head, and as you are going to sit down again Turing speaks up, "User, Turing2 has cleaned up the contaminant. Even so, Turing suggests you do not use that room again. All other vents in the complex have passed visual inspection for contaminants."

He's an efficient fucker, no doubt. Annoying, but efficient. He seemed to deal with that 'contaminant' very quickly too. You mull things over as you sip your drink.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2011, 01:25:58 pm »

"How did you remove the containment?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2011, 01:26:33 pm »

>Examine contaminant

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2011, 01:35:26 pm »

"How did you get rid of it Turing?"

"Turing decontaminated the vent and office area using a cleaning solvent first, and then a water/bleach mixture."

Huh, that sounds alright. At least Turing is thorough. You're a bit unnerved at talking to Turing out loud, and the drone still pauses for several seconds between question and response which is annoying. You decide to sit in another office and type to him instead.

You pick an office at random, you think the guy who works here is named Rick but you've only met him once. He has a comfy leather chair though, which is nice. You slide into the chair and wiggle the mouse to clear the screensaver.

Wait, screensaver? This PC is still online. You're looking at a normal windows desktop, in fact. What the hell? As far as you knew this whole office used the custom OS tied to the project, which by now you guess was Turing. Why is this one different?

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2011, 02:23:20 pm »

"Turing, why is this computer running Windows?"
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2011, 02:32:21 pm »

"Turing, why is this computer running Windows?"

Turing1 rolls into the office to inspect the computer. "It would appear this PC is not connected to the office network. Turing detects wireless traffic. Processing data..."

The robot sits still for several moments, and you sip your drink. You're starting to like having a helpful robot/AI thing to order around. Turing1 twitches, then looks over at you. "This PC is part of a tech support network. Via a wireless router, it is connected to a remote facility in Texas. Remarkably, the internet connection still seems to be functional."

Turing1 sits and waits to see what you decide to do.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2011, 02:52:25 pm »

>Investigate cause for whole the zombification thing.

>Search for other survivors. Try to establish connection.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2011, 03:04:55 pm »

"Turing, what exactly is causing the zombies to change? I mean I know it must be that red stuff outside, but who put it there?

The robot stares at you for several seconds, and says "Insufficient data. Turing does not know the answer to that question. Incidentally, Turing now has control of the PC User is sitting at. Turing has begun scanning the internet for relevant information."

Over the course of the next hour or so, Turing pieces together the story of what happened. It seems that while you were snoozing in your office, the world outside was ending.

I happened suddenly, without any warning signs. The sky began to rain red ash, and anyone outside was affected. Turing finds some news stories, and even some scientific data. It seems the red stuff is some kind of fungal spore which was seeded into the upper atmosphere. It then precipitated down to the ground like blood red snow, killing and mutating anything it touched. Everywhere you look are empty chat channels and untended forums with last desperate cries for help. You search for a while, but find no sign of any living humans. Then again, the internet is large and it would be easy to miss, even after hours of searching. You retain some hope that others made it alive, after all... you did.

Turing speaks up, "I have deduced why the base internet connection is not working. The virus infection is malicious in intent, but it is controlled. I believe this was a coordinated military strike against earth. The viral infection disconnected all military bases from the internet to impede communication between them, and during my wireless sweep I detected high-frequency jamming signals which would disable cellphone communication as well. A cursory scan of the internet reveals that several communications satellite nodes are offline. All of this points to a massive, coordinate global attack upon humanity. To what purpose, I am unsure."

You nod thoughtfully. This is too much to take in, and you feel numb at the realization that you may be one of the last people alive on...

Wait.. did Turing just use a first person pronoun? You don't remember it doing that before.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2011, 03:06:11 pm »

>Search the internet for zombie survival tips.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2011, 03:12:50 pm »

>Flood the internet with ads of our own Zombie Survival Forum.
>Search for  Sat-View of Earth

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2011, 03:16:46 pm »

You search for zombie survival tips and get about 1,040,000 results on google. (You may go look at them.)

You have Turing create a survivor's forum and flood the net with ads for it, inviting anyone who has survived this zompocalypse to post there. You feel good about this, hoping to meet up with, or at least talk to, some other people.

You are unable to find a sat view of Earth, it seems like every orbital satellite is offline or destroyed. How strange.

Turing1 sits patiently and watches as you surf the web. Something smells bad outside in the hallway.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2011, 03:23:24 pm »

*sigh* Turing, you missed one!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2011, 03:23:52 pm »

Get mechanoform into hallway, go after it.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2011, 03:28:29 pm »

Assuming it's a zombie you smell, you rush outside with the robot...

...only to see the dead body that Turing2 squashed earlier. It's begun to decay and smells really bad.

Do bodies normally decay that quickly?

Turing1 drags it off, saying it will 'dispose' of the body. You go back to the computer and sit down, only to find that Turing has apparently subverted it. A blank prompt is sitting there with a message.

Code: [Select]
T> Greetings User
T> Good News!
T> I have determined that the office complex neighboring us contains a limited but functional maintenance area for the building's mechanical systems.
T> I can initiate a program to upgrade the combat capabilities of the three mechanoforms under my control if you wish.
T> They will not be particularly effective, but they should be able to handle a few isolated zombies.

Continue? (Y/N)

>_
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11