Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 74921 times)

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
« Reply #915 on: March 02, 2011, 01:08:40 pm »

feelfs shield on human/elves

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 02, 2011, 05:47:05 pm »

I love how Hammerfist had a gold hammer.
Now lets show those long'uns how we groundlings deal with invaders.
*spins morningstars*
*spits on ground*
*eats a carp*

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 02, 2011, 05:52:20 pm »

Might as well put my 5 points on the Elves/humans...

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 02, 2011, 06:04:32 pm »

I'll put my iron whip on humans/elves.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 02, 2011, 06:35:00 pm »

The War - Part One

It is time. As promised, each side has assembled all the members it could find. Fighters have forgotten old alliances, friendships or grudges, and are ready to give their all for the good of their nation. There has been no major change in the setup of the two armies, and while preparations were being made, the arena staff has been busy.

Since most of our fighters are participating in the battle, and danger is great for everyone, it has been decided to award one shadowsteel item to any survivor, as well as one session of training. Additionally, each confirmed kill will award its maker one more shadowsteel item and training session. If some warriors were rather unwilling to give it their all tonight, this should be ample motivation for them!

The bell has rung, the next few hours will be filled with death, the surrounding areas filled with blood. Each side's melee fighters charge eagerly against the massive troops in front. One in particular, our arena champion Ironfist Flintsteel, is standing right in the open and waving his hammer around, using his speed to build up a massive momentum with which he intends to stun all that stand in his path.

On the other side, a steady hand squeezes a crossbow trigger, after hours upon hours of study to get the best shot. Callahan's expertise in fighting dwarves, and special interest in the records of the champion's fights, has given him a deadly edge over him. Anticipating his tactic, and giving instructions so that his allies leave a clear path before him, he releases a bolt that could well decide victory, for Ironfist is known for his swift strikes to the head and master parries.

The bolt flies true, and goes straight through the adamantium protection, finding an opening in the otherwise impenetrable helmet. The simple iron bolt pierces through bone easily and tears apart the arena champion's brain. The lifeless figure stops dead in his track, and all the dwarves look stunned at their now fallen champion. What should have been an easy victory will now have to be hard earned, for their opponent now have superior numbers, and their best card has been burned away.

Mr. Pointy Stick had his own plan set in motion, and that included disabling one of the dwarves' best fighters, Connan II. While a head shot like Callahan was intending would end the threat once and for all, Connan II was sitting behind a line of rookie, whose movements were hard to predict and therefore likely to end up in the arrow's path. Instead, he chose to aim for his legs, as an arrow lodged there could slow him down enough to overpower him later with greater numbers.

Connan II saw the arrow coming, and was ready to protect himself with his shield, but the sudden death of Ironfist made him lose his focus in the worst of moments. Lifting his shield as a reflex, he uncovered his left leg, and the fairie silver arrow found its target with ease, sticking itself deep in the muscle. The dwarf gives in the pain immediately and falls over. It will take time for him to recover his senses, for the quick succession of moral and physical shock are no doubt very hard to overcome.

The two masses of fighters have met, and Drake gets the first strike, trying his luck at Emacac. The elf is however known for his incredible ability to deflect weapons, and the rookie's blow is an easy prey for him. He retaliates by lashing at the dwarf next to him, Urist of Squidirons, in the left arm while Aximus punches the same dwarf in the right one.

However, Random Elf #3208 saw an opportunity to bring someone down quickly, and the stunned rookie in front of him was all he needed to deliver. As Drake was trying to recover his balance after Emacac's masterful parry, he was unable to dodge the powerful jumping roundhouse kick aimed at his head, a feat made easier to accomplish by the target's low height. Without protection of any kind, the impact is enough to send him flying several feet back, his life taken away by the sudden trauma.

Spoiler: Combat Report (Part 1) (click to show/hide)

Confirmed kills so far :
Callahan - 1
Random Elf #3208 - 1

The fight continues tomorrow!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 02, 2011, 06:49:13 pm »

Callahan is still alive?!

Good lord he's got to be one of the eldest fighters in the arena... He seems to have some unspeakable bonus when it comes to shooting REALLY dangerous individuals, like powder maceman, and apparently the champion of the arena. Apparently an Arena Master's final blessing carries some weight...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 02, 2011, 06:53:32 pm »

Since you transferred him under my rule, I've been avoiding making him fight, as I wouldn't be totally fair in matching him up with someone.

Hence he's still there for the army fight, and alive, for now...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 02, 2011, 06:58:37 pm »

Yeah, just don't try to put him in a fight where he's hideously outmatched so you can get rid of him. I tried that, it didn't work out so well.  :-\

Also, Congrats on making more 25 pages of new material!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 02, 2011, 07:32:24 pm »

Go Random Go!! That's already an extra shadowsteel item if you live plus the 5 points if we win! I've bet the farm on this one

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 02, 2011, 08:00:03 pm »

I hope Connan doesnt die, but I already, unfortuantly, see it coming.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 02, 2011, 08:41:05 pm »

OH THE SUSPENSE

...When will this epic battle continue?
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 02, 2011, 08:53:25 pm »

:o :o :o
That.....was sad......
Hehehe, look, my guy is standing at the back, playing smart.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 03, 2011, 09:11:48 am »

Headshots for the win!  Hopefully Mr. Pointy Stick will realize he needs to go for a kill.  The standard routine of disable and then beat with a bow for five minutes won't result in much with all of these mighty melee warriors about.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 03, 2011, 11:59:49 am »

I should have bet everything I have on the dwarves, considering Z is in the dwarf team, and if he survives, dwarves would have won anyway.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 03, 2011, 05:18:08 pm »

The combat is raging on, body parts and blood are flying and slowly filling the surroundings.

Z Fireblood has barely any time to react to his team's failed charge, that Emacac is already there lashing at his leg, tripping him. Hungryman, seeing the downed dwarf, doesn't hesitate a moment and brings his mace down on his head, caving it in.

Meanwhile, Callahan and Random Elf have somehow teamed up to care of Urist of Squidirons. At the same moment, the poor dwarf suffers two excruciating wounds to both his legs, one chopped cleanly off while the other is shot by an iron bolt coming out of nowhere. Johnathan starts bashing at him and slashing away at the disabled fighter, but blood loss claims him before the kill can be attributed to anyone.

Emacac, one of the most prominent figures of today's battle, has chosen to focus on another rookie, Urist McAxe. After lashing out at him and breaking many bones, he decides to go for the kill himself this time, and the whip manages to gather enough strength to shatter the dwarf's skull, as he had nothing to protect him there.

Since the beginning of the battle, Urist Deathgrasp had been trying, in vain, to hit Powder Spearelf. However, when he saw Musashi coming down next to him, he quickly kicked him in the hand, breaking one finger. The human surprisingly, gives in to pain immediately. Urist D manages to even out the battlefield a little, by bashing at his head so hard that his weapon gets stuck in his victim's skull. After twisting it around to cause yet more pain, he bashes again and this time scores a killing blow, the first for the dwarven army, and announcing what could very well be a change of hands in the supremacy of the battlefield.

Spoiler: Combat Report (Part 2) (click to show/hide)

Confirmed kills so far:
Hungryman - 1
Urist Deathgrasp - 1
Callahan - 1
Random Elf #3208 - 1

Tomorrow : the end of the war.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 77