Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75006 times)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
« Reply #795 on: February 17, 2011, 03:22:50 pm »

Tonight's the night, as certain would say. The time has come, at last, to decide the arena champion. But let's not get carried away, and start up this memorable event with a regular battle between two rookies.

On our left, is Emacac, our lastest elven recruit. He has adopted a style mostly seen by cave dweller and goblins, the scourge. He doesn't wear much apart from a cape and some pants, and clearly has put all his points in offense and little through of defense. The scourge is not a weapon known to kill quickly, so let's hope that doesn't come back to bite him when he least expects it.

On our right, is Tempest Jr. Jr., who you may remember from the rookie RACE. Using the twin battleaxe style popularized by the members of his family, he's an dwarf that has proven by surviving against the wild beast that he knows how to kill, even if he needs a little time.

Tempest gets the first strike, but the scourge Emacac wields proves to be a very valuable defensive weapon, as it permits him to easily send the weapon away. His counterstrike goes straight through his left hand, and Tempest loses hold of one of his weapons before the fight could really begin, and is now in serious pain.

Tempest passes out from the pain, and Emacac starts lashing him all over his body, in a formidable display of anger few elves have been seen to demonstrate. His strikes go through easily, but only bruise his target, inflicting more and more pain while still maintaining the dwarf on the brink of life.

Eventually, one wrong strike cuts off Tempest foot, and his fate is one shared by many in the arena : he bleeds out. Emacac parades over the fighting ring, apparently proud of his accomplishment, and anyone would be, for his opponent was no easy win at all. Let's hope your future in the arena will let you live long enough to enjoy the fame, Emacac.

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #796 on: February 17, 2011, 03:26:39 pm »

My brother wants his battle, hungryman vs john falcon, hes not going to be spending more then a few days here so...sooner is better.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 17, 2011, 03:33:06 pm »

And now we enter the main event, where our four champions will each fight a duel, before the best of them finish it off in a duel.

You know our fighters, you've seen them grow stronger or stronger over multiple fights, or through an amazing feet in the DreadMarch II. Our first duel opposes Ragathgare the Destroyer to Hammerfist Flintsteel. An axe tigerman against a hammerdwarf. Both could prove very deadly, as Ragathgare's axe is made of pure adamantium, known to cut through any armor. Hammerfist's hammer is however made of shadowsteel, a heavy metal that fractures bones and skulls easily whatever armor his opponents is wearing.

Ragathgare charges as Hammerfist closes him, and manages to stun him for a little time. However, perhaps by overconfidence, he chooses to bite and scratch him while he's down, inflicting minor injuries. No doubt the tigerman could have ended the fight here, with a mighty slash at the dwarf's head, which couldn't have held against the supreme edge of the adamantium weapon. Hammerfist gets back on his feet quickly and his superior skill in hammer allows him to parry any more blow coming at him. He also strikes back, and Ragathgare soon has some broken bones in his body.

From the pain, Ragathgare passes out for less than a second, and Hammerfist is already bringing down his hammer on the tigerman's skull. The shadowsteel helm doesn't budge an inch from the blow, but blood can be seen dripping from its openings. A quick inquiry shows that Ragathgare succumbed to the blow instantly.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 17, 2011, 03:34:46 pm »

New dude:

Liberal Dmite III
Male dwarf.
Lasher 5
Steel scourge. Iron breastplate. (Feather)Wood shield. Leather hood. Copper greaves. Copper helm.
(5+2+0.5+0.5+1+1=10)

My brother also wants a fight.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 17, 2011, 03:40:13 pm »

Our second champion duel may provide a little more spectacle.

This time, our two champions have earned their place through numerous battles. Gaaben, the winner and sole survivor of the Champion RACE, hammer master, and Ispil, legendary speardwarf that managed to convince a whole batch of new recruits to join the rank of his former company.

The two dwarves charge, and Gaaben doesn't lose any time. A quick bash to Ispil's chest bruises his lungs, and the dwarf who can't breathe is now winded.

Gaaben brings down his hammer on Ispil's head, in a move we've seen executed just before by Hammerfist. A perfectly aimed strike at his head shatters the skull of the poor downed Ispil, and the dwarf dies from the trauma.

Spoiler: Fighter Report (click to show/hide)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 17, 2011, 03:50:34 pm »

Finally, it is time. Let's hope this duel of hammer fighter will prove more interesting than the past battle that lasted barely enough time to sip a good ale.

Gaaben immediately charges his opponent and brings him down, bruising his leg in the process. However, the maneuver is not entirely successful as Hammerfist is not stunned and helpless. He manages to parry all incoming blows with a mastery of his master that could be deemed legendary, all the while standing up and getting a good footing.

After yet another parry, Hammerfist counterstrikes with all the strength he can gather, aiming for a quick end by targeting Gaaben's head. This move may not work as well as bringing down a hammer on a prone foe, but it does wonder here, as Gaaben is struck down without further delay.

Congratulations, Hammerfist Flintsteel, you are the new CHAMPION of the arena! You are now above common and normal fights, and may challenge or get challenged by anyone foolish enough to brave your might. You of course gains a reward for your swift victories, 2 skill points and 2 adamantium items of your choice. Rest now, for your place is a coveted one and no doubt more than ones envies it. It will no doubt be hard for you to defend it.

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 17, 2011, 03:57:51 pm »

Nah, it's easy to defend the position, just make sure not to face any tigers.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 17, 2011, 04:00:28 pm »

I'll take a point in whip, and get 2 equipment points, using them to buy a copper mail shirt and helm.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 17, 2011, 04:01:19 pm »

AI'LL TAKE TWO MORE HAMMA SKILL, AND AN ADAMANTINE HAMMA AN' BREASTPLATE.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 17, 2011, 04:02:40 pm »

ADAMANTINE HAMMA

Sure, you just do that.

Enjoy your foam hamma.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #805 on: February 17, 2011, 04:31:57 pm »

Adamantine hammer? RTFOL! your not gonna be champion for very long.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 17, 2011, 04:54:11 pm »

FINE, MAKE IT A HELMET!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 17, 2011, 05:08:55 pm »

:( Are you sure that you updated my guy from the DeardMarch? 'cause, as I said before, the list has me missing some equipment and my skills...

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 17, 2011, 05:54:44 pm »

Sigh :-\
Name: Urist DeathGrasp
Skill: 4 Mace 1 dodge
Weapons: 2 iron morningstars, copper full set

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 17, 2011, 07:00:44 pm »

Come on! I want Powder Spearman to FIGHT!
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77