Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75025 times)

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
« Reply #765 on: February 15, 2011, 09:09:47 pm »

Really? With out a scratch? Are you sure you did it right, cause I almost died the first time...

Any who:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The iron stuff used to be where the shadow steel stuff now is.

Edit: Holy shit, I hacked the crap out of everyone. Especially Kzel. I'm sorry reincarnation buddy!

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #766 on: February 15, 2011, 09:34:03 pm »

I'd like to switch out my bronze gauntlet for a bronze morningstar...if that ok.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 15, 2011, 09:54:06 pm »

:) Yay! I'm still alive!
Replace my weapons and plate with shadowsteel ones, and trade my old ones for two iron boots, and two leather capes.
I'll take 1 point in dodger, 1 in armor user and one in hammer.

Hooray!

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 16, 2011, 07:20:07 am »

AI'LL TAKE A SHADOWSTEEL HAMMA, HELM, AND BREASTPLATE, AND PUT MY SKILL POINTS INTO HAMMAING!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 16, 2011, 09:17:08 am »

Not even a scratch?  Damn.  Why didn't you have all of the dead gladiators come at once?

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 16, 2011, 09:21:22 am »

Not even a scratch?  Damn.  Why didn't you have all of the dead gladiators come at once?
QUIET YOU OR AI'M GETTIN' THE HAMMA!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 16, 2011, 05:24:34 pm »

For Connan:
+1 Axeskill

-I will trade the equipment for 4 equipment points.
 -2 Iron High Boots for 2 points   
 -1 Iron Gauntlet for 1 point   
 -As for the last point, I dont know, can I trade it for a skill point?
Actually, one iron piece costs 2 equipments points, so I gave you an iron gauntlet (2 points) and two copper boots (2x1 point).

I will take a shadowsteel spear, shadowsteel mail shirt, and shadowsteel helm. From that,  I will effectivly gain 6 points towards going back into armor, from the replacement of old armor. (Like switching iron for iron, or an entire Bronze outfit for a single adamantine axe) I will then take an iron boot and glove, leaving me with one more iron piece... I will trade in those two points, plus two points from my iron greives, for a steel set of greives. For point allocation, I chose 1 point in speardwarf, armor user, and shield user. Did I do it right?
Looks alright, except steel costs 5 points and not 4. I gave you steel greaves but changed your shield to copper, since shield material has no impact unless you actually try to attack with it.

If you disagree with any of the above changes, you have until your next scheduled fight to make adjustments.

I'd like to switch out my bronze gauntlet for a bronze morningstar...if that ok.
Will do.

I bumped all fighters in the dreadmarch 3 levels up. Therefore the Hammerfist Flintsteel Vs. Feelf is completely unbalanced, so I canceled it.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 16, 2011, 05:51:44 pm »

Welcome back to yet another session of the arena! We start with a duel of swordsmen for a change, but these two are more apart than a dwarf and an elf, despite being both human!

On our left, is Bronzesword. His huge two handed sword held easily above the ground shows how much strength training he must have done. That's not all, for he also wear an almost complete suit of copper armor, only lacking ... pants. I hope this is not the traditional human garb.

On our right, is Jethro Tull. A light fighter by excellence, he wields two steel short blades with deadly speed and doesn't wear any form of protection at all. He however seems somewhat adequate at dodging, and as previous fights have shown sometimes all you need is time to strike a deadly first blow.

However, tonight's fight will not end as quickly as yesterday, for the two fighters seem to be locked in a standstill. Bronzesword did draw first blood but without causing serious injury, and Jethro countered by severing his foot. Adept of the "Eye for an eye" philosophy, Bronzesword slashes Jethro foot in return, and the combined small cuts and the shock makes the human pass out.

Bronzesword brings his sword with all his strength down on Jethro's immobile head, and with a might slash, opens a gashing wound across his skull, from which his brain starts spilling out. Good work Bronzesword, you've shown that armored fighters still have a place in the arena!

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 16, 2011, 05:59:53 pm »

Next, is a special challenge. No special arena this time, but a rather dangerous archery training for our best bowman.

What the ...?! As you can plainly see, Mr. Pointy Stick is eager to finish the fight quickly and doesn't even wait for introductions ! His target is Ann, her dodging skills being the best the arena can provide at this time. She expertly dodged his first arrow, but the now has to close in and provide an easier target before she can strike him with her newly acquired morningstar.

Mr. Pointy Stick second arrow is much more precise, and the reduced distance gives it an incredible impact strength. Although Ann wears no helmet, it's unsure even an adamantine protection could have stopped this fairie silver arrow of death, but what is certain is that Ann will never wake up, the arrow having gone well past half-way across her head. It looks like Mr. Pointy Stick is a serious contestant for fastest fighter of the arena, is he can work on his long range aim a little more he might just make it!

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 16, 2011, 06:01:55 pm »

UPDATED FIGHTER LIST

The following owners need to update their fighters :
Bobinater, Zifnab, RavingManiac

Spoiler: Alive - 0 win (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 1 win (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 2 wins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 3 wins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 4+ wins (click to show/hide)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 16, 2011, 06:06:24 pm »

Tomorrow's schedule:

We finally decide who the champion of the arena is!

Ragathgare The Destroyer Vs. Hammerfist Flintsteel

Gaaben Vs. Ispil

followed by a duel between the two winners in the oven, if they still are in good enough shape to fight (ie no missing limbs).

Also, Emacac Vs. Tempest jr. Jr.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 16, 2011, 06:17:19 pm »

Oh fun, I get to fight the guy with the super metal shirt...
But with no helm, so show you spear skills to the world!

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 16, 2011, 06:19:39 pm »

GWAHAHA! AN AXE? YA CAN'T EVEN FLATTEN MEAT WITH THAT THING!

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 16, 2011, 06:20:36 pm »

So....a whip huh?
Tempest Jr jr doesn't go that way you know that Emacac? ;D

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 16, 2011, 06:48:59 pm »

I propose a free for all between all four champions.

there can only be one.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 77