Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75036 times)

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
« Reply #735 on: February 14, 2011, 08:45:26 pm »

Dread March? As if they stand a chance to my ADAMANTINE axe! Bizzniche.
Yeah I'll fight 'em.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #736 on: February 14, 2011, 08:47:13 pm »

And when is my fight ageinst mr. pointy sticks?
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 14, 2011, 08:56:05 pm »

Better question, when is my next fight I'm in an arms race against NotPete

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 14, 2011, 08:56:35 pm »

And when is my fight ageinst mr. pointy sticks?

As long as it is in a normal arena with our standard equipment, any time.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 14, 2011, 09:15:09 pm »

Oi, I forgot to ask what the reward was for the dread march. I'm missing two gloves and a boot  :(

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 14, 2011, 09:24:38 pm »

I'm request some rewrites to the general format of the arena to hopefully make this more interesting.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 14, 2011, 09:35:48 pm »

I'll join the Dreadmarch II if I survive my next fight.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 14, 2011, 11:38:24 pm »

Crap. I died.  :(

REEVEENGGEEE!!!

Name: Bashy McSlasherton
Race: Dwarf
Skill Choices: Swordsdwarf 3, Hammerdwarf 2
Items chosen: Iron scimitar, Iron hammer, iron chainmail, copper helm, copper greaves, copper platemail, copper gauntlet
Bio: A dwarf brought up by goblins after being snatched as a baby. Stabby was his friend, and he wants to avenge his death.

Edit: And sign me up for the Dreadmarch. We'll give those zombies a good beating.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:44:11 pm by Geen »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 15, 2011, 09:40:32 am »

Bumping this thread.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 15, 2011, 04:04:30 pm »

Well crap, I died  :'(
I'm coming back for the Dreadmarch II: This Time It's Personal, hopefully as the first person ever to win for both sides  :P

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 15, 2011, 04:27:17 pm »

Welcome back everyone, to the arena. Tonight, we will see both new and veteran fighters fight among themselves for the chance to face our best warriors, and win both fabulous prizes and the respect of all races alike.

Let's start with our newcomers :

On our left, lies Kuppo. The aspirant axedwarf is ready to follow directly in Aximus's footsteps, as he choose a setup very similar to our veteran, with a strong offense and a superior weapon made of shadowsteel. Forgoing any intent of defense, this fighter's intent is no doubt to strike first and hopefully disable his opponent before he can strike back.

On our right, is Jeofry. Covered in leather from head to toe, with the occasional stub or iron here and there, it's clear he will not rely on his armor too much for protection, even if moves in it with ease. Instead, his beautiful steel long sword should be the perfect tool for both stabbing and slashing, and provided Jeofry gets the first blow, victory.

You had probably guessed it right from the start, this fight would be short, for the first strike would probably incapacitate one of our two fighters. Jeofry may move well in armor, but Kuppo has none and is free to move as he pleases. This give him all the edge he needed to strike first, and his blow is aimed right at Jeofry's head. Bypassing the iron protection, the weapon lodges firmly in the human's skull, and without a doubt damages his brain beyond healing.

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 15, 2011, 04:28:33 pm »

It's a new world record!

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 15, 2011, 04:40:25 pm »

Arguably, the previous fight wasn't nearly enough to satisfy the bloodlust of our audience, nor that of their gods. Without delay, let's start the second fight scheduled for tonight.

This time, the warriors are most likely known to you.

On our left, Tsiru the swordsdwarf, known for his dodging technique and fighting style close to the famed elven one. He has adapted well the technique to his smaller stature and has proven to be more than an adequate fighter, earning his title of Veteran in the blood of many big cats.

On our right, Connan II, the rising star. Winner of the rookie version of the RACE, he's eager to fight against another armed fighter and show his skill in dodging and armor. Having skipped both rookie and experienced fight level, it remains to be seen whether or not he can handle himself well against another member of his race.

Connan II proves him supremacy quickly by raining blows on Tsiru, who dodges as best he can. Unfortunately, that leaves him with little time to strike proper slashes and Connan II parries whatever comes his way with ease. A single mistep from Tsiru will be enough for Connan II to cut off his foot, and from there on the fight gets even more one sided. After a mighty strike in his opponent's sword arm, Connan grins as he watches the dangerous fairie silver weapon fall to the ground in a heavy clang. He is now safe from Tsiru's attacks, and will have some much needed live training.

While Connan II practices severing members, Tsiru's conditions worsens as he looses more and more blood by the increasing number of gaping wounds. Finally, he bleeds to death. Connan II has proven he's more than a match for the veterans of the arena, and will join our slayer's ranks where hopefully his abilities will be more put to the test.

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 15, 2011, 04:52:24 pm »

AI STILL HAVEN'T USED THA HAMMA ALL HOUA!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 15, 2011, 04:54:03 pm »

Kzel, did you get my MP?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 77