Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75148 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
« Reply #630 on: February 12, 2011, 03:05:45 pm »

ya I was joking
Nom nom nom

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 12, 2011, 03:10:25 pm »

ya I was joking

TBH, I could understand if you wern't, X is probably the most likely to win, being almost fully armoured, better skilled and with a superior weapon.

Not that I don't want a 4 person free-for-all, that's what I want, and that's what I agreed to.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 03:15:23 pm by Supercharazad »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 12, 2011, 03:28:58 pm »

It's night time, where's the fight?

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 12, 2011, 03:30:24 pm »

Can we do some normal fights? My low-level unarmored character isn't going to survive any of these ones.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 12, 2011, 03:32:58 pm »

Can we do some normal fights? My low-level unarmored character isn't going to survive any of these ones.
Would you like me to do a special fight for you? Danger zone, creature fights, etc.?
I've got people who fought against groundhogs. Really.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #635 on: February 12, 2011, 03:43:18 pm »

I want a special fight to tolyk, you can pick...IDC what.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 12, 2011, 03:45:21 pm »

I want a special fight to tolyk, you can pick...IDC what.
You want to fight me in my own arena? Or do you want kzel to do that?
I'm up for it unless it involves being submerged in magma from the beginning.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #637 on: February 12, 2011, 04:39:11 pm »

=P sure I'll fight you in your arena...
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 12, 2011, 04:39:57 pm »

Thank you for coming in big numbers tonight for a special fight, one fight such as the arena has rarely seen. We managed to find, not three, but four volunteers in a free-for-all melee tonight ! We'll use our special room to make sure each fighter gets within striking distance of every one else, but apart from that, it's skill and luck that will help one of these brave souls make it out alive.

To our left, we have the famous X Fireblood. Winner of the experienced RACE, bringing down two huge predators in less time than it takes to slaughter a cat, he's a definite favorite for tonight's match. His gleaming axe has been especially sharpened and will see its first use tonight, so the crude armor worn by the other contestants will prove of little value against him.

To the top, Powder Pikedwarf, of the proud Powder family. The pike seems unnatural in the hands of the dwarf, for it is almost twice as high as him! Still, he holds it with skill and would wreak havoc on his opponents if he can find a little room to strike from afar.

To the right, we have our only newcomer, Hammerfist Flintsteel. His talent with the hammer is as high as it gets, and while being the only one tonight with no kill under his belt, the others would be wrong to underestimate his ability to bring pain and break bones all around him.

Finally, to the bottom, is our only non dwarven fighter for tonight. As a matter of fact, it's an elf! Why would the elf agree to a fight involving her and three more dwarves, is a mystery. It would not be surprising if they all teamed up on her, before settling it between dwarves, given their recent history. Still, we have to give Wrath credit for her courage in standing up to them.

Everyone charges towards the center, and Wrath's speed is both a blessing and a curse. She gets caught right between X Fireblood and Hammerfist, all the while Pikedwarf is charging full speed ahead towards her, his pike held in front of him ready to impale her.

Thankfully for her, Hammerfist upon seeing Pikedwarf changes his mind and turns against from X Fireblood, who is triyng desperately to hit Wrath without any success, all his blows being either parried or dodged. Hammerfist is quite successful in his strategy and breaks many of the pikedwarf's bones, as he tries to recover from his failed charge and strike a blow at his new target.

Meanwhile, Wrath turns around from defending against Fireblood and tries to hit Hammerfist while he's distracted, but he didn't let her get out of sight and blocks and parries her strikes. Fireblood, seeing an opportunity as well, stops going after Wrath and goes against Hammerfist too. The result is a severed arm lying on the ground. All is not lost for Hammerfist, for he still holds his weapon in his other arm, but his chances at victory are seriously hampered.

Powder Pikedwarf passes out for a minute under the pain, and Wrath jumps of the opportunity, abandoning Hammerfist and stabbing the dwarf right through the head, bypassing his helmet and tearing apart his brain. However, such a risky assault did her no good, for X Fireblood was waiting for her right there and brought his axe upon her leg, sending it away in a scream of pain.

With Hammerfist's arm missing and now Wrath's leg as well, all seems to go in favor of X Fireblood. He still hasn't received a single blow, and all he has to do now is strike down two less skilled and severely injured opponents. Hammerfist is still trying to bring down Wrath and X has time to carefully consider his tactic, going for the more dangerous target of the time, Hammerfist.

But an incredible turn of events happens when Hammerfist, stunning Wrath with a mighty hammer strike, turns his hammer around to X Fireblood who was most likely not at all expecting that. A quick succession of blows breaks many bones, and the dwarf gives in to pain. Hammerfist, glancing on his side to check that Wrath was still unconscious, doesn't wait another second and uses his whole body to bring the mightiest hammer strike he ever gave, directed straight towards X's head. X Fireblood, unable to withstand such a shock, dies immediately.

All that is left between Hammerfist and victory is a prone elf, injured all around and bleeding heavily. However, Hammerfist's also bleeding a lot from his cut arm, and he begins to hammer on the elf's head with all the force he can muster. Alas, he is now tired and while his blow do hurt the woman, they don't get through the skull and damage the brain.

In another incredible turn of events, Wrath manages to wake up and slashes at him. Hammerfist is exhausted and almost passing out from exhaustion, but his will is unbreakable for he still manages to parry a few incoming strikes before the elf gets unconscious again. Her multiple injuries may be too much for the frail creature, but her skull must be made of adamantium because Hammerfist has been pounding on her helmet like on an anvil for hours now, and she's still breathing.

Eventually though, after a long time, Wrath dies out of blood loss. Her cut limbs and multiple fractures were too much, even though the tired dwarf could probably never strike her down with his hammer. Congratulations Hammerfist Flintsteel, nobody expected you to win but you pulled through one of the most dangerous fights ever, and emerged victorious. You have well deserved the considerable rewards we're giving you, that is one session of training and one item of your choice from each of the bodies laying around you.

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:30:06 pm by kzel »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 12, 2011, 04:45:19 pm »

ouch...
=P sure I'll fight you in your arena...
It's almost midnight here so I'll do it tomorrow.
Are GCS's on the lowest levels all right?
Just kidding.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 12, 2011, 05:02:55 pm »

haha well damn.
New contestant time
Name:Jeofry
Race:Human
Skills:3 Swordman, 2 armor user
Items:Steel Long Sword, leather-armor, leggings, gloves (pair), high boots (pair), Iron Helm

anyone wanna fight?
Nom nom nom

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 12, 2011, 05:04:14 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Damn, I guess this means his... CLONE WILL TAKE HIS PLACE! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Name: Y Fireblood
Race: Dwarf
Skill Choices: 2 Swordsdwarf, 2 shield user, 1 armour user.
Items chosen: Iron Longsword, Iron shield, Iron Helmet, Iron Breastplate and an Iron Gauntlet on sword arm.
Bio:
Professor (newly appointed by the king, for his grand achievment): No, No, No, No, NO! WHY?! MY CHILD IS DEAD D:
Servant: But wait, what about...
Professor: You're right, we had good reason to do it, as is evident.
Servant: In which case, I take it I should pull the lever
Professor: Yes, BRING OUT Y!

Y is X's "brother" you could say, but more like a clone. He was genetically programmed to use a sword, instead of an axe. He also happens to have 24 other clones, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W and Z (X was killed off)

Also, I'll fight Jeofry, but NOT IN THE DANGER ZONE! (should be pretty easy, if I can get the first strike, my iron will go through the leather, if I'm lucky, I'll get a critical and sever a limb, but I'm a bit worried about that steel sword, it'll probably do some damage, I hope Y's shield will save him)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:08:31 pm by Supercharazad »

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 12, 2011, 05:13:08 pm »

We finish tonight's exhibition with the last round of the RACE, involving two of our greatest champions.

You know them and it's really not needed to introduce them anymore, but we owe it to them anyway because they risk their lives in a very dangerous fight tonight, for your amusement!

On the top row, lies Gaaben, master of the hammer. His titles include, among other things, the slayer of serpents, the destroyer of bones, and the shatterer of brains. He comes before us tonight in a light suit of armor composed of bronze, wearing proudly his phantom spider cloak. The hammer is not the tool of choice when dealing with multiple opponents, because it isn't very fast at incapacitating them as a slashing weapon can be, but no doubt did our champion think this through and come up with a sound strategy.

On the bottom row, is Remalle, axe champion. He's also known around the arena as the shield master, the severer of limbs, and the decapitator. His strong balance between offense and defense have never failed him, even when fighting the mighty Voxnar in the middle of a lava lake, from which he came back mostly uninjured. The axe is the tool of choice against unarmored targets, such as the bigs cats against him tonight, so he definitely has the upper hand at the beginning of this battle. He fights tonight in the traditional dwarven garb, composed of iron heavy armor everywhere but his feet.

Both champions charge towards the beast, and each is forced to step back as the onslaught on the hungry felines is coming in its full strength. Remalle, while stepping back, slams against the wall and briefly loses consciousness. One leopard bites and takes hold of his axe arm, and the teeth going through the armor make him lose hold of it, even for an instant. Even though he woke up from the pain, his chances of survival has diminished dramatically.

Meanwhile, Gaaben didn't let himself get cornered and began bashing on the various beast as they came in range, inflicting light but steady wounds to the beasts who are having a hard time keeping up and damaging him.

Gaaben is on a roll now as he begins striking down one beast after the other. First one jaguar, the the tiger, and a leopard, all the while damaging the remaining two beasts enough to render them unconscious. Instead of focusing on them to bring them down quickly, Gaaben chose to concentrate on the most dangerous threat at the time, and it has paid off! He now rests uninjured while the two big cats are lying prone of the ground, ready for a good strike to the head.

Remalle has woken up and is now using his shield to try and win the fight. Alas, the round piece of metal is anything but an axe and he can't seem to get through. A lucky blow to one of the beasts head eases his burden for a while, but the four remaining monsters are not leaving any respite and bites and scratches starts to appear anywhere his body isn't covered in armor.

Unsurprisingly, Gaaben finishes his two opponents quickly and earns the title of victor in the champion race! Congratulations Gaaben, you have demonstrated that skill and tactics can earn even through the worst odds, and are truly deserving of the reward we're giving you.

Meanwhile, the four cats are definitely too much for Remalle to handle without a proper weapon, and a short while after Gaaben's victory, he passes out from blood loss and dies. This is a sad day for the arena, for it has lost one of its greatest champions, but such is the risk for anyone participating. Let this be a reminder to us all that no one is safe and no fight decided, even if the odds are in your favors in every way. Farewell Remalle. We hope you'll join your race's paradise where you will watch on our youngest fighters, help them climb the steps that lead you to such greatness, and avoid the mistakes that lead to your downfall.

Combat Report : forgot to save it  :-[

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 12, 2011, 05:14:07 pm »

Supercharazard: You could fight in the sewer zone, which is technically not a danger zone (you only get stunned and soaked).
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 12, 2011, 05:19:11 pm »

UPDATED FIGHTER LIST

The following owners need to update their fighters :
Bobinater, dwarfguy2, ggamer

Spoiler: Alive - 0 win (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 1 win (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 2 wins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 3 wins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 4 wins (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:25:55 pm by kzel »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 77