Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75163 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
« Reply #585 on: February 10, 2011, 07:13:39 pm »

Name:Wrath
Race:Elf
Skill Choices:Dagger User 4, dodger 1
Items choosen:Steel Dagger, leather glovesX2, Lether Boots X2, Copper chain mail, copper leggings, copper helm.
Bio: Origannally a butcher of the sentients that the army killed, wrath decided to start 'catching' her own food in the arena.  She commanly takes bits of her enemies as a snack after the fights.

She will enter the race.
I'll get an iron shield then.
Nom nom nom

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 10, 2011, 07:15:48 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! At least he didn't die by a hit to the head.

New dood: Powder Pikedwarf.
Race: Dwarf
Skills: 5 Pikedwarf
Equipment: 1 Iron Pike 1 iron helm 1 iron gauntlet 1 iron graves and 1 iron breastplate

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 10, 2011, 07:21:56 pm »

Might I join?

Name: Hammerfist Flintsteel
Race: Dwarf
Skills: 5 hammer
Equipment: Iron hammer, Iron helm, Iron breastplate, Iron gauntlets, Iron leggings.
Bio: HITS STUFF WITH A HAMMA! (Um... he wrote that himself.)
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 10, 2011, 10:39:16 pm »

As a thought yeah, probably not the best plan. 1v1 it seemed to work well. But more then one puts the odds way against I guess. I'm glad I didn't massively bump up anyone's item points by losing to them. I'm gonna go ahead and activate number 3208. Same build.

Name: Random Elf #3208
Skills: 5 Swordsman
Item: Shadowsteel Longsword

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #589 on: February 11, 2011, 05:51:12 am »

I challenge Random Elf to a duel.

Nude elf vs nude human, morningstar vs longsword.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 11, 2011, 08:10:52 am »

That wooden bow is going to be a problem isn't it?  I was hoping for a lucky kill shot, but I'll take Mr. Pointy Sticks survival.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 11, 2011, 09:52:03 am »

In normal betting, if both sides bet on the same option and win, they get their wager back.
I thought they go leather from the house? That's what I do.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 11, 2011, 12:03:08 pm »

LET'S DO THIS!!! (I humbly accept your challenge...Although I WILL CRUSH OUR SOUL!!)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 11, 2011, 12:16:45 pm »

LET'S DO THIS!!! (I humbly accept your challenge...Although I WILL CRUSH OUR SOUL!!)
that was to whom?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #594 on: February 11, 2011, 12:40:35 pm »

Rose you dolt...the morningstar chick...

most evenly matched battle so far...

Also TolyK you said I won something by beating that gnome?...what?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:43:24 pm by rarborman »
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 11, 2011, 01:27:26 pm »

2 points. i.e. 1 iron piece equivalent.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #596 on: February 11, 2011, 01:41:47 pm »

boots of copper

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 11, 2011, 02:16:05 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a challenge tonight ! As per the house rules concerning challenge, the fight has to be conducted in a special arena. In this case, we chose one of our most dangerous ones : the oven!

As you can see, our opponents are surrounded by lava. All around them is a concentrated pool of fiery death. The temperature is unbearable inside but thanks to their absence of armor, both challengers seem able to hold their own under it. Anyone with armor would probably be cooked before the fight begins, so in this particular case, their choice makes sense.

Access hatches have been closed above the ramps, and floodgates on the sides opened ! All that stands between them and the magma is a small hole that will be quickly filled below their feet. If either of them wants to make it out alive, they will have to be swift in their victory !

And Random Elf #3208 doesn't lose any time! A quick slash to her left hand before Rose could strike will severely hamper her abilities, and her retaliation is indeed an easy parry for the elf. Random begins stabbing his opponent, as if unaware of the very strict limit on time he has to make the kill.

Lava has filled the hole and started dripping in the fighting zone ! It is now a matter of seconds before the whole place is engulfed in a torrent of flame. Random has made some progress, cutting off both Rose's hands, but the stubborn human will not let life go so easily, and seems intent on taking her opponent with her, using the rising magma as a substitute weapon!

The situation is now critical. Magma has begun to melt both opponents feet and the fight now looks more like dancing on hot coals than actual combat. Blood and body parts are washed away by the cleansing flame, and we can see the shadowsteel morningstar Rose held now lose on the ground. If the designers did their work correctly, it should be pushed towards the ramp and be fished back easily. If Random is too slow, the same should happen with his sword! Our cleaning staff tells me we should hold more fights in here...

After several more stabbing wounds, feet on fire and blood almost dried up, Rose passes away in the rising lava. Random is close to the exit and the magma isn't yet too high, so he should make it out alright. His toes look burned but our doctors assure me that it won't impair his abilities in the sightliest. Who knew elves were built so sturdy!

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:18:34 pm by kzel »

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #598 on: February 11, 2011, 02:24:39 pm »

Damn you...I never asked for lava...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 11, 2011, 02:31:27 pm »

ouch.
so much for those copper boots  :-\

I'd like a danger zone fight... but not like this. I mean one where dodging is painful.

Damn you...I never asked for lava...
hmmm
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 77