Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75182 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
« Reply #555 on: February 09, 2011, 11:34:52 pm »

Even though no-one betted I still get a piece of leather from the house.
Anyone else up for sewer zone?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 10, 2011, 01:19:50 am »

By the way, can we have multiple characters?

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #557 on: February 10, 2011, 02:32:29 am »

Who exactly is an archer in this thing?

I'm thinking about a little ranged only challenge...

Also I'll bet my morningstar on the batmen, since the worst that can happen is I lose it, and have to wrestle my opponents to death...
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 10, 2011, 08:49:13 am »

Is anyone allowed to do betting arenas?  Because I have a few good ideas.
Edit* I bet my copper leggings on the batmen.
yes, but it's best to ask first. technically I'm the "official" bet-maker, you got an OK from me but ask Kzel too.

By the way, can we have multiple characters?
I have two, but one's dormant. This is a good question.

Who exactly is an archer in this thing?

I'm thinking about a little ranged only challenge...
interesting. shooting range?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 10, 2011, 08:53:41 am »

ok it seems there's no more sewer applicants, starting it up now.
Spoiler: Dudes (click to show/hide)
The match begins. We are sending these men to the sewers underneath the Arena.

(EDIT'D FOR CORRECTNESS)
Edit: Oh and race for me too.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:57:32 am by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 10, 2011, 10:47:31 am »

I would avoid having two characters. We already have people complaining about not fighting enough as is.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 10, 2011, 01:08:40 pm »

The Sewer Zone!

(Pre-edit: sorry raborman I used a mace not a morningstar... same result though.)

Rose (human) vs Feck (dark gnome)

The bottom level:

After 2 seconds:

The result:

The log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The gnome lost again!
Raborman (Rose), collect your prize!
Anyone up for another danger zone battle? This one includes some sheer drops and (our favorite!) ... wait for it... groundhogs!
I would avoid having two characters. We already have people complaining about not fighting enough as is.
yeah, that's why one's retired ;)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 10, 2011, 01:13:42 pm »

Ground hogs!!! :o THEY MUST SUFFER! I will enter, if only for the chance to murder my least favorite small furry creature.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 10, 2011, 01:22:29 pm »

Ground hogs!!! :o THEY MUST SUFFER! I will enter, if only for the chance to murder my least favorite small furry creature.
It's gonna be a few (max 3, probably 2) z-level drop to them.
What's changed from the last battle? Or is it just this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EDIT: you might have trouble finding others in your category.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 10, 2011, 01:58:38 pm »

I haven't fought in a while, so yeah, thats it.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 10, 2011, 02:00:14 pm »

Anyone interested in betting on one of the following fights?

50 cats vs. 10 goblins in iron
15 Trolls vs. 1 BC
10 elephants vs. 20 tigers
5 fire imps vs. 20 groundhogs

AND MORE?!
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 10, 2011, 02:04:32 pm »

if unmodded, my choices are in bold. 2 points for each bolded (1 iron piece) and 1 point each italic (1 copper piece).
Anyone interested in betting on one of the following fights?

50 cats vs. 10 goblins in iron
15 Trolls vs. 1 BC
10 elephants vs. 20 tigers
5 fire imps vs. 20 groundhogs
I suggest running similar ones beforehand otherwise it's too easy to find out.
(i.e. 3 adamantine-equipped dwarves will lose to a bc...)
not sure on elephants/tigers and imps/groundhogs.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 10, 2011, 02:24:21 pm »

if unmodded, my choices are in bold. 2 points for each bolded (1 iron piece) and 1 point each italic (1 copper piece).
Anyone interested in betting on one of the following
-snip-
I suggest running similar ones beforehand otherwise it's too easy to find out.
(i.e. 3 adamantine-equipped dwarves will lose to a bc...)
not sure on elephants/tigers and imps/groundhogs.

So one iron for BC and goblins, and one copper for elephants and groundhogs. (You do realize that everything in there was already bold, right?)
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 10, 2011, 03:51:13 pm »

For the reason NotPete suggested, I'd rather keep 1 fighter/person. Let's move on to tonight's RACE, with some experienced fighters this time. To give them a challenge worthy of their skill, they will each have as agreed two big cats to fight tonight!

Everyone's lined up and ready to go. From top to bottom we have:

Powder Axedwarf: an expert axeman who would wreak havoc in an heavy forest, will he prove able to stand up to the wildlife such job can lead one to ?
Cohen: at first unwilling to fight, he now holds his blade with assurance and stands ready to face the mighty assault. If he wins, maybe he could finally get a bit more confidence in his killing abilities.
Feelf: apparently unfazed about killing animals, something we've had much complain of from our elven clients, it wouldn't be a surprise if she hesitated for a few seconds, and such hesitation can be the difference between victory and failure.
Tsiru: the elves' favorite dwarf continues to strive for the perfection of the one handed dodging style of combat. If he can surpass Feelf: it will go a long way towards proving himself
X Fireblood: not much is known about him, he never speaks to anyone and keeps training, sharpening his axe and muttering the word "blood" all day. Definitely not someone to take lightly.

NOTE: next pictures are to be read from left to right

Our fighters charge, and it seems all of them chose to hug the wall for their approach. The beast are running quickly towards, ready to defend their lives the longest they can!

X Fireblood gets the first strike, quickly followed by Tsiru. These dwarves, despite their short legs, have shown a tremendous ability to run in yesterday's and tonight's RACEs. Maybe their recklessness in their charge has some drawback though, for Powder Axedwarf, trying to dodge the beast in front of him, bumped into the wall and got knocked over, leaving him unable to defend from the beast's hungry jaws.

Meanwhile, Cohen and Feelf have gotten to work already, chopping off legs as they learned to do in their training, after their coaches notices how seldom opponents wear protective footwear.

And the first kill goes to Tsiru, beheading the first of the leopards against him in a wide swing. X catches up immediately by hacking the first of his opponent, burying his axe deep in its brain. In a incredible display of strength, he send the lifeless body away in a mighty slash, freeing the blade of his axe that he leads directly into his other target's head. The winner is decided, congratulations X Fireblood!

The fight for the second place rages on now. Feelf, then Cohen catch up to Tsiru who is having a bit of trouble dealing with his second adversary. It seems he is having trouble figuring out how to kill the leopard quickly, and Feelf and Cohen are now very close. Surprisingly, it's from bleeding out that Tsiru's second beast dies, and not from one of his strikes. Still, it happened before our human and elf could finish their own opponents, and Tsiru is officially awarded the second place of the race!

Disappointed, our two remaining fighters finish their fight quickly, but one question remain ... will Powder Axedwarf get back on his feet and fight, or is he doomed ? He hasn't even bruised one of his opponents, and seems to be in Extreme Pain. Bite and scratch wounds are covering his body, and while he has no huge gaping wound, the sheer number of small cuts is impossible to count.

While the cuts were small, blood was still dripping out of them. Powder, livid and apparently out of blood, passes out in the middle of his box, and the big cats start feasting on his body. Good bye Powder Axedwarf, and may some of your (previous) might fill these cat's stomachs up, for they will need it in our upcoming slayer RACE!

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 10, 2011, 04:20:38 pm »

I'll take a point in swordsdwarf. Also, can I take 2 equipment points instead of an item?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 77