Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75187 times)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
« Reply #540 on: February 09, 2011, 03:30:10 pm »

But before that, I need Kzel to approve. I don't want to throw to much strain upon him.
Well, as long as YOU run the fight, I have no objection whatsoever :) The modified raws for the metals, if you need them, have been posted somewhere around page 30.

Here are the current contestants for the RACE. If I forgot you : speak quickly!

Rookie   : Tempest Jr Jr, John Falcon, Ispil, Wrath, Connan II, Mr. Pointy Stick, Rose, Coppershields, Feck

Experienced   : Powder Axedwarf, Cohen, feelf, Tsiru, X Fireblood

Veteran   : Aximus Prime

Slayer   : Ragathgare

Champion   : Remalle

I'll run the rookie and maybe experienced race tonight, and wait tomorrow for new applications in the higher tiers.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:01:06 pm by kzel »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 09, 2011, 03:50:47 pm »

well on the sewer danger match my arena screwed up (magma falls and eternal "earthquakes" i.e. caveins) so that'll be tomorrow.
Sorry.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 09, 2011, 03:57:45 pm »

Put me in with the experienced!

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 09, 2011, 04:35:13 pm »

If no one else enters does that mean we automatically win ? :P (if we survive of course)

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 09, 2011, 04:39:43 pm »

I bet with my luck, the cat will bite off Tempest Jr Jr's head.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 09, 2011, 05:29:59 pm »

Welcome to tonight's first part of a very special event. Cat lovers, prepare yourselves, for we will have plenty of meat to serve you lavish meal later in the evening! And our butchers shall be none other than, you guessed it, our rookie gladiators !

Everyone is ready to charge, or in Mr. Pointy Stick's case, let loose a volley of arrows. In order from top to bottom, we have:

Tempest Jr Jr: an axe wielder of the Tempest family, known for their brutal 2 weapon fighting style

John Falcon: an human swordsman inspired by Cohen's recent victory, seeking to prove himself

Ispil: a speardwarf here to show all of his kind that spears are NOT cursed weapons

Wrath: a young elf thief, known to practice in the highest spheres of elven cuisine, seeking ingredients

Connan II: the successor of the late Connan, following right in his father's footsteps

Mr. Pointy Stick: holding a grudge (or love?) towards dwarves judging by his strange clothes, he in fact holds many pointy sticks

Rose: fighting for the blood god, she chose the mace... will armok be pleased ?

Coppershields: another member of the unique shield fighting school, this one holds two for maximum defense and maybe some offense

Feck: gnome #6, will she be the one to break the neverending vicious cycle the gnome have been stuck in since the opening of the arena?

And the fight has started ! The first attack comes from Mr. Pointy Stick, who unleashes an arrow, not even taking time to aim! The arrow misses the charging leopard by a hair, and hit the wall behind it. Meanwhile, the melee fighters are closing in and getting ready to strike.

Connan II is the first to win his battle, ending it before it even started. A mighty chop to the head and the beast was history. 

Ispil, hearing the cheers of the crowd, stops stabbing the beast's torso looking for its heart, and goes for the head. His spear finds the beast as it's trying to bite, and he effortlessly brings the beast to a definitive stop.

Not long after, Tempest Jr Jr finishes his leopard, earning him the 3rd place in the contest. Arguably the worst spot to finish at.

Next to finish their fight are Wrath, John Falcon and Rose, who had no trouble with the beast but were a little bit too slow compared to our dwarven killing machines.

Meanwhile, Feck is having a bit of trouble handling the beast twice her size. She hasn't managed to land a hit yet, and the leopard is actually fighting back!

Feck dies from her injuries, and the leopard remains injured... The dark gnome curse continues...

After a considerable amount of time, Coppershield finally find the beast's head and a mighty strike of his shield puts it down.

Long after the arena is deserted for the night, Mr. Pointy Stick finally puts an end to the first RACE. All further fights had to be delayed because of him, but the RACE will continue tomorrow!

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)

EDIT: mistakes in genders, minor corrections
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:41:16 pm by kzel »

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 09, 2011, 05:37:06 pm »

If no one else enters does that mean we automatically win ? :P (if we survive of course)
Nah, I said minimum two participants. Although in your and Remalle's case, surviving alone would be quite a feat.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 09, 2011, 05:38:27 pm »

Alrighty then, To Add guilds!... Hmm... Ill be adding it to the first page... But ill explain my idea here.

To join a guild useally you have to do something most would not do, As guilds will occassionally surface... For joing a guild of whitch you can only join one once accepted... You gain a perk...

Say For the Seven swordsmen, (First guild) You will get the lion perk!, Whitch means you get your own Fluffy pet lion every match... To join a guild it will useally be extremly hard, IE kill a member kill a bronze collases something insane only a truely dwarf person would try...

So, With that... Who Wishs to Fight Malgor for there chance at joining the Seven Swords, Where you will gain a pet lion... (Even if it dies in an actual arena fight, You will get a new one :P)

Oh, And unlike normal arena fights you will not collect a peice of armor, Nor Will you get a skill but you will join a guild :P
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 09, 2011, 05:38:47 pm »

Well, darn. Ah well. I hope I win the next fight!
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 09, 2011, 05:55:48 pm »

Sorry I didn't update earlier was busy all of yesterday. Glad to see I won though. I'll add a point to sword and take 2 more points. That puts me to five right? Also If possible I'd like to sign up for the race. I'll check on prices for equipments cause I might want pants.

Name: Elf 3207
Bio: Fire and battle. He remembers the screams of dying elves. And crossbow bolts. The dwarves were everywhere. They cut down all the soldiers. But they weren't sated with simply that. They came after the unarmed civilians and the children. Oh the poor poor children. The last thing he can remember is being hit over the head and the terrible heat of the fires that burned down his forests.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 09, 2011, 05:57:11 pm »

YAY!! I survived!
Also, my first betting arena,

Its the big skull. My first fight will be between 4 cave swallowmen vs 4 batmen.
each one will be +1 in axe and have a copper axe.
Let the betting begin.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 09, 2011, 07:07:01 pm »

hahah I actually dodged the lions attack, cut off it's right front paw, as it sailed past me, then stabed it in the back, through the spine.
anyways Wrath wants a fight versus another dodgy elf, or goblin.
Willing to do an danger zone match
Nom nom nom

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 09, 2011, 07:42:58 pm »

You know that Elf Army vs Dwarf Army fight i was asking for bets on a few days back?

Nobody bet on it.

BUT I DID IT ANYWAYS.

The two armies face off.

The elven champion looked upon the dwarves and laughed. Smaller shields? check. Smaller spears? check. Their crossbows were inferior to the deadly elven bows, and their warriors knew only of standing in one place and taking the blows, while his own men could leap away. This wold be easy.

The dwarven champion regarded the pointy-ears and laughed. They thought their shiny wood was good for something! The cowards hid behind massive shields- tower shields, but only their spearmen. They all had cloaks of dwarf-skin, disgustingly.

And so they charged.

The dwarves' initial charge took out several of the enemy, and only as they slowed down did the foe get any kills. The champion swung his hammer about, slaying an elf or two himself, as arrows and bolts rained upon the field.

The elves blocked many blows, but still took losses, as the champions met in battle for a moment, as the elf jumped away from his enemy's hammer.

Soon, the elves were overtaken, and, one by one, fell, as the bowmen rained their last arrows upon the advancing dwarves.

And as the dwarves struck the final blows, with hammer and axe, the elves were slain.

But it was not without without loss, the champion saw, now with the blood of eight elves on his hammer, having slain them all with his swift strikes.

Only one person bet on this, and the combat report was really long.

Hope you enjoyed.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 09, 2011, 07:51:45 pm »

Pretty exited to see Remalle's fight for "The Race" should be interesting i presume.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 09, 2011, 08:07:41 pm »

Is anyone allowed to do betting arenas?  Because I have a few good ideas.
Edit* I bet my copper leggings on the batmen.   
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 77