Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75123 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Draignean)
« Reply #435 on: February 06, 2011, 09:44:12 am »

I want Powder Axeman's fight D:

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 06, 2011, 09:49:20 am »

I bet my breastplate on the groundhogs, and I won, so what's my prize?
You bet vs.
I'll bet Grimaldus's helm that Tempest will win!
and get an iron helm (2 points)!

Icee77 looses the helm.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 06, 2011, 12:00:30 pm »

Shit, You guys are life savers. Honestly I can't thank you enough, I may also change the second part of the title to

(Currently under the management of Draignean and various helpers)
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 06, 2011, 01:21:51 pm »

Just so you know, so far, I have only won 1 fight, not 2. The first fight killed my last guy...

I was basing the # of wins on the total skill points, and you got 7. You did not participated in special matches so you didn't get 2 at once. That would mean 2 wins, but :
Name- Oranen
Race- Dwarf
Gender- Male
Skill Points- 3 axedwarf, 2 armor user, 1 shield user
Items- Iron Mail Shirt, Iron Helmet, Iron Axe, Iron Shield, Iron Chain Leggings
As your application on page 12 shows, you have allocated 6 points at creation instead of 5.

On the other hand, Connan should have 2 helmets, the one he started with and the one he won against Tempest. Maybe Carcanken would like to exchange it for another piece of armor, to give him a better chance ?

In light of these serious irregularities, the Connan Vs. Oranen fight is temporarily suspended. Sorry for both parties but it wouldn't be fair for either of you, since Connan should have more armor and Oranen shouldn't fight a gladiator with two wins under his belt just yet (and if my prediction is correct, get slaughtered mercilessly).

XxoriginxX, you can either give up one skill point to get back in the 1-win crowd or stay in the 2-win league without changing anything, your choice.

I'll make another 1-win fight and 0-win fight instead.

Tonight's fighting schedule is hereby changed to :

Rookie fights :
Grimaldus Vs. Powder Axeman : an axeman duel, not even more dangerous for Grimaldus without his helm
Urist MacLeod Vs. Feelf : Two swordsmen. One going full offensive. The other, (almost) full defensive. Let's finally prove or disprove the old saying "A good offense is the best defense".

Experienced fights :
Mogg Vs. Random Elf #3207 : will Mogg's winning tactic of blocking every strike and bashing his opponent's skull in work against someone with an actual weapon this time ? Only one way to find out!

Also, is there a way to change the names in the arena besides editing the whole race in creature_standard ?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:26:27 pm by kzel »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 06, 2011, 01:23:30 pm »

can you fit me in?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 06, 2011, 01:28:51 pm »

I think tomorrow should be possible, I wanted to give some old characters a bit of spotlight to get more interest in the thread clear the fighter's list a little  ;)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 06, 2011, 02:27:51 pm »

Also, is there a way to change the names in the arena besides editing the whole race in creature_standard ?

Duplicate the entry in the creature standard, rename its base aspect (The at the top in all caps) in addition to the other bits. Then if you're using a graphical tileset go to your graphics raw and find the entry for the original creature, copy it and rename to the name of the duplicate you made earlier. WARNING: Failure to Rename the creatures base name to save time will result in fun.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 06, 2011, 02:29:47 pm »

hey, one moment here.
can't you rename stuff in-game?
*runs to check*
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 06, 2011, 03:47:59 pm »

Hello and good day everyone. Your usual host being dead temporarily unavailable, I will take his charge until he becomes available once more.

We start tonight's fights with a duel. A duel of axemen. A duel of dwarves. Two dwarves who freshly joined the ranks of the gladiators. Two dwarves willing to die for your entertainment, ...and their profit. Two dwarves who will fight to the death, this very instant !

On our left, Grimaldus. He wields a might iron axe in his right hand, and an iron hammer in his left. Thank the weaponsmith for his oversized weapons, as he is almost naked behind them ! In fact, he's only wearing two iron gauntlets ! His helm recently lost in a bet, he will have to do his best to remain uninjured.

On our right, Powder Axedwarf. His life is dedicated to his axe, and it shows. It wouldn't surprise the arena staff if a couple victories could prompt him to give it a little name. His armor covers almost all his body, leaving gaps for one arm and both his feet only. Enough to put him in serious trouble though, for his gauntlet protects his empty arm (sorry, I can't get him to equip it on the right arm).

Powder charges and doesn't give Grimaldus any time to strike the first blow. He draws first blood by shattering his opponent's ribs. Grimaldus collapses under the overwhelming pain, and his future looks grim.

Powder finishes the fight quickly, out of pity for his fellow dwarf or because his favorite dwarven ale is getting warm ? He severs Grimaldus' leg, and before his opponent even hits the ground, hacks him in the head, putting an end to the fight.

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Congratulations Powder Axedwarf, for your first victory in the arena. This host predicts a long and interesting career for you, even though your opponents won't be as easy. For now, rest, visit the trainer for your training and don't forget to grab a piece of armor from your victim on your way out!

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 06, 2011, 04:12:18 pm »

.....Crap.
Okay new one!
Name: Abaddon! (if you know what i mean ;D)
Weapons: 2 iron hammers
Armor: Copper full set, Can i do this? I can't get the hang of this skill tree.
Skills: 4 Hammerdwarf, 1 dodge
Bio: SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 06, 2011, 04:14:56 pm »

.....Crap.
Okay new one!
Name: Abaddon! (if you know what i mean ;D)
Weapons: 2 iron hammers
Armor: Copper full set, Can i do this? I can't get the hang of this skill tree.
Skills: 4 Hammerdwarf, 1 dodge
Bio: SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!
You can get, for 10 points:
Copper Hammer, Copper Hammer, Copper Helm, Copper Breastplate, Copper Mail Shirt, Copper Greaves, Copper Gauntlet x2, Copper High Boot x2.

Is that alright ?

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 06, 2011, 04:17:32 pm »

Don't i only have 5?
If i do, i'll get a breastplate, hammers, gauntlets.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 06, 2011, 04:39:04 pm »

My win over Vox seems to have been made of pure dorf.  How long did I survive after diving in?
Oh, and another point in axedwarf, and I'll take that gauntlet.  Also, since I have a pike rusting in my inventory, I'll bet it on Urist MacLeod slaughtering Feelf.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 06, 2011, 04:41:05 pm »

Okay, the cleaning staff is done washing the blood from the arena, we can go on with our next fight!

This fight is a little special. Instead of being focused on weapon arts like most of our other fighters, these two chose the paths of defense. Which one shall prevail, dodging or blocking ?

On our left, Urist MacLeod. He wields his steel sword with a shaky hand, but his shield is held high and with assurance. He may not be very good at hurting people, but he would make any line of dwarven defenders proud. His feet are firmly stuck to the ground and even a catapult fire couldn't dislodge him, but in the arena, you have to take the fight to your enemy and can't expect backup from marksdwarves behind.

On our right, Feelf. Armed with a specially made fairie silver short sword that gleams in her hands, she moves around so fast it's difficult to follow her every step. Her Bronze Helm hides her face and extremely long hair, probably to prevent his opponent from grabing it and bringing her to a stop.

And they're gone. Each side tries attacks but both forms of defense seem very effective. McLeod misses the elf every single strike, while he manages to block each incoming strike effortlessly. The dance could go on for a while people, so I would like to suggest some fine Cat Tallow Roast from the latest imports of a dwarven settlements, they're delicious ! *nom nom*

Finally, someone has been hit ! And it looks like McLeod was the unlucky one. Feelf cleanly cut his arm off, and his sword now rests on the ground. This could be the end of this battle people, but McLeod doesn't seem to want to give up ! History has shown that shields can be dangerous weapons on their own, so all isn't lost for him just yet !

And indeed he keeps on fighting, blocking strike after strike while bruising more and more of Feelf's body. Feelf even passes out from exhaustion for a while, but she quickly gets back on her feet and slashes McLeod's other arm, making him drop his shield. Things don't look too good for him now, as his dodging skills are not the best.

Feelf takes her time finishing the fight, stabbing McLeod's arms and legs repeatedly, before finally MacLeod dies from blood loss, ending his pain for good. Feelf looks at the lifeless body for a while, then turns around with a smile. Good ears could hear her dedicate her victory to the various fallen trees the dwarves have struck in her home village.

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 06, 2011, 04:44:40 pm »

Don't i only have 5?
If i do, i'll get a breastplate, hammers, gauntlets.
You get 5 skills points and 10 equipment points. Since Iron item cost 2 points each, that would make 5 pieces for Iron armor.
Since you settled for Copper, which cost only 1 point apiece, you can get up to 10 items.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 77