Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75046 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Draignean)
« Reply #330 on: February 02, 2011, 05:30:39 pm »

For our first match of the day is a three person free for all in a dangerzone, originally the dangerzone had ramps but the bloodthirsty gladiators kept charging down them to do direct battle with the sharks. Now though the arena has been modified so that falling off is a battle with the fishes, a battle that will rarely end well for the unlucky gladiator. The first test match performed resulted in all three gladiators dying, two gladiators were knocked off and the remaining gladiator bled to death from wounds inflicted by the first two in seconds.

Aximus Prime, No memory, no past, only an axe sharper than anything seen before.

Mr. Pokey Stick, Wielder of the faerie silver spear, formerly the best material in the arena.

Dangur Mczown, champion of the danger zone, he has lived a surprisingly long time for a man who specializes in these kind of fights.

In a Free-For-All

The Sharks, Too numerous to name individually, these wait below for any gladiator unlucky enough to get knocked off.

Aximus is the newcomer to this arena, Dangur and Pokey have fought before giving them an experience advantage, still Aximus has the axe and skill to cleave them all in twain.  This battle for supremacy should be fast and bloody, a good thing too.... the Sharks are still hungry. (The current Blood spatter in the water was from the testing team)

The fight goes badly for Danger from the beginning as the less experienced fighters team up with their superior weapons to cut him to ribbons. Aximus first cuts his left leg off, pokey then stabs him the chest, giving Aximus time to cut off Dangur's left arm off. Unfortunately for Dangur he's a lefty and his axe sails off with his arm... Landing with the sharks in the water below. The team attacks end only once all of Dangur's limbs have been amputated and his lifeblood mixes with the churning water below.

Their uneasy truce ended Pokey and Aximus battle, blood flowing open gashes on both sides. Aximus takes the upper hand by parrying Pokey's first attacks and slashing apart the muscles in his foot, forcing him to the ground. The fight ends quickly as Aximus Chops both of Pokey's legs off and sends his body tumbling into the pit of sharks.

Well done Aximus, take your rewards. Your keen axe and you ability to parry saved your life, still Pokey blew apart you pancreas with that spear so you'll die in a couple weeks. We'll try to squeeze you into as many fights as we can during that time.

Victor's Combat Log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 02, 2011, 05:58:18 pm »

Go Aximus!!!!!
Axe FTW!!!
Can i get the next Battle?

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 02, 2011, 06:59:43 pm »

RIP Mr. Pokey Stick

From a shadowy corner of the arena a dwarf emerges.  "There can be only one!" he cries as he writes his name on the list of combatants.

Name:  Urist MacLeod
Race:  Dwarf
Profession:  Kicking Ass
Nickname:  Naked Dwarven Highlander
Items:  Steel Longsword, Steel Shield, and hair
Skills:  Shield +5

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 02, 2011, 07:15:09 pm »

Ugh, that battle log indicates I came closer to defeat than I'd have liked. Still I can't believe that worked.

I'll hock Pokey's bronze mail and put a point in DAT AXE. Also Dangur's grieves. Updated setup is:

Name: Aximus Prime
Race: Human
Skill Choices: Axe 6
Items choosen: Shadowsteel Axe, Bronze Mail Shirt, Copper Grieves

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:44:24 pm by Tastysaurus Rex »
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 02, 2011, 07:35:54 pm »

Ugh, that battle log indicates I came closer to defeat than I'd have liked. Still I can't believe that worked.

I'll hock Pokey's bronze mail and put a point in DAT AXE. Updated setup is:

Items choosen: Shadowsteel Axe, Bronze Mail Shirt

You get one of Dangur Mczown's items too don't you?

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 02, 2011, 07:43:16 pm »

I'll hock Pokey's bronze mail and put a point in DAT AXE. Updated setup is:

Items choosen: Shadowsteel Axe, Bronze Mail Shirt

You get one of Dangur Mczown's items too don't you?
Oh shit, do I? Editin' editin'....
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 02, 2011, 07:47:36 pm »

THERE WILL BE MUSH.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 03, 2011, 08:15:16 am »

NNOOOOOO!
Well damn. I'll figure out the bets, but I've got a NEW GUY!

Hail McZone
Female Human (just for kicks :D)
Axe 5
Iron Breastplate, Iron Helm, Iron Mail Shirt, Iron Battle Axe, Iron Battle Axe
The sis of Dangur.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 03, 2011, 11:39:21 am »

Alright well you'll be glad to know that my region has in 24 hours beaten the record totals for snowfall in 24 hours, snowfall in a week, and snowfall in a month...

Today I'll work through the backlog as well as I can, I may be able to get some new matches too so I'll take requests for a while on who wants to come next.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 03, 2011, 11:45:00 am »

Alright well you'll be glad to know that my region has in 24 hours beaten the record totals for snowfall in 24 hours, snowfall in a week, and snowfall in a month...
where the hell do you live? sounds like a place for me XD
Today I'll work through the backlog as well as I can, I may be able to get some new matches too so I'll take requests for a while on who wants to come next.
I'll take a danger fight. duh. ;D

I have DF open right now. Would anyone be interested in an "urban" danger fight with random creatures? (please note that these are all organic and are fairly easy to kill. they will also be on several "teams")
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 03, 2011, 12:13:06 pm »

We have a battle of the veterans here today, One is famous for his quick kills at range, the other is famous for his brutal ineffectiveness with his flails. 

Callahan, Sniper.

Vs.

Powder Maceman, Brutalizer.

Callahan is looking like a particularly weathered piece of gnarled wood, last match he cut it down to one crossbow after figuring out that you can't dual wield them. Poor fellow. Powder is doing his thing, slamming his flails into objects, having lengthy existential debates with his friend bob the imaginary squirrel, and screaming at the sky for being the wrong color. Well, one of their untarnished winning streaks will be broken tonight.... (By "one of their" I refer to Callahan and Powder, bob the squirrel has not participated in the arena.)

Jesus H. Armok! Callahan fires a single bolt from his crossbow, powder barely manages to step forward, and the bolt punches a hole straight through Powder's helm and embeds itself in his brain. Powder's body topples mid rant, your really can't tell who's more surprised, Powder or Callahan. (Bob the squirrel may or may not be surprised, I don't know.)

Fine work Callahan, now there is a mountain of paperwork with your name on it. Hop to it.

Victor's Combat Log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 03, 2011, 12:17:46 pm »

what.
oh. headshot. niiiice!

me next!
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 03, 2011, 12:20:14 pm »

Aww. I liked Powder Maceman. I hoped he could die in a cooler way as well...

I'm gonna need to get a better helmet...

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 03, 2011, 12:49:57 pm »

When's Choozoo going to get a fight?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 03, 2011, 12:50:23 pm »

Aww. I liked Powder Maceman. I hoped he could die in a cooler way as well...

I'm gonna need to get a better helmet...

Yeah I was actually putting them together because Powder was wearing pretty full armor, so I thought he would kill Callahan and I could make a more interesting fighter.  :-\  It really sucks when you fail by winning.

Also I'm interring one of Powder's flails as a relic. You'll find out what that means as soon as I get the system worked out.

When's Choozoo going to get a fight?

End of today or early tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:53:39 pm by Draignean »
---
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 77