Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75018 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Draignean)
« Reply #285 on: February 01, 2011, 11:36:12 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am curious as to how the hell you arrive at the Conclusion that Voxnar gets the greaves that I bet on a Remalle Vs Kzel Match. For that matter how is Voxnar getting anything from Kzel getting killed by Remalle? Kzel III should be getting the helm and the greaves since he won the wager.

Until then all the gear transference is being put on hold.
what. Oh I'm stupid.

thank you for double-checking. It was late. :-[

Okay then this is how I will be doing the bets.
PLAYER-PLAYER: not happening any more due to difficulties in me figuring out who the hell gets what in which match.

3RD-PARTY:
 - 2 choices: the ones who got it right get it all, split up. in case of tie/indecision I will judge and send half the value forward.
 - multiple choices: the ones who got it right get it all, split up. in case of tie/indecision no equipment is transferred.

Who gets what doesn't really matter as you can (now) trade stuff in, but I will "weigh" payoffs to bets, i.e. whoever bet more stuff gets more stuff if (s)he wins.

If all players go to 1 side, I basically take the other side. If this happens, and they win, I will give each a leather item (from my own stuff, or a "treasury" if Draignean allows it). If they lose, they give me 1 leather thing.

Yeah having a treasury is cool, just nothing above copper quality if they win against the house. Now, Since Kzel Vs. Remalle was the only match with two people betting their bets can be resolved easily. The copper can keep his helm and gets my greaves (Since he already has a pair I assume He'll be converting it.) and that is the end of that. I'll make sure everyone's gear is right, give me a second.

Profile following to combat and bets
Name: Voxnar
Race: Human
Skill: 7 Hammer
Items: 1 Bronze War Hammer, 1 Iron War Hammer, 1 Iron Chainmail, 2 Iron Helm, 2 Iron High Boots, 1 Iron Gauntlet (left), 1 Iron Greaves

I now have 19 points worth of gear, correct?  Are these points fully exchangeable?  For example, could I exchange an iron war hammer (2), iron helm (2), and iron greaves (2) for a piece of steel gear (5) and a piece of copper gear (1)?

Since I received confirmation that this is indeed the case, I will make the following transfers:

1 iron war hammer (2) + 2 iron helm (4) + 1 iron chainmail (2) [8] exchanged for 1 steel chainmail (5) and 1 bronze helm (3) [8]
1 iron greaves (2) exchanged for 1 iron gauntlet (2)

Final, Combat-Ready Build:

Items: 1 Bronze War Hammer, 1 steel Chainmail, 1 Bronze Helm, 2 Iron High Boots, 2 Iron Gauntlets (19 points total)

My gladiator thirsts for a real challenge.  From the mountaintops I call:  Remalle, Remalle, Slayer Remalle! I dare you to meet my warrior in the arena!

Actually since the betting got a case of guanopsychosis you only had 15 Points worth of gear, your correct equipment is now displayed on the character page. We apologize for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:42:55 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 01, 2011, 12:00:33 pm »

Alright the fight schedule for the day is roughly as follows,

DODUN Vs. Oranen

Connan Vs. Tempest

Dominatrix Vs. Karandras

Right now I'm trying to dig up some of the fighters that I missed earlier, still should have some interesting fights.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 01, 2011, 12:08:27 pm »

Okay then. The house is giving away copper-quality to every loser.

Now, Mah Dude:

Dangur McZown
Male Human
Old stuff: iron axe, iron breastplate, iron helm, iron greaves, iron shield, iron mail shirt, leather cloak, leather hood, leather cape, leather coat - 14 points
New stuff: iron breastplate (2), iron mail shirt(2), leather cloak, leather cape, leather coat, leather hood, leather leggings, leather cap (3), copper helm (1), iron shield (2), bronze axe (3), copper greaves (1)
axeman 4, fighter 1, shield user 2

...would like to fight.

Oh, and I'm starting the troll-sea serpent battle right now.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 01, 2011, 01:12:15 pm »

Iron greaves on the sea serpents if its not too late.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 01, 2011, 02:03:04 pm »

Iron greaves on the sea serpents if its not too late.
just in time actually. I was about to post this  :P
The start of the battle.

It happens so fast...

... that it was almost over when I could take another shot.

It was the end.

The combat log was so long, I'll just give you the first and the last logs.

And yes there were 25 trolls vs a sea monster.

I will post betting results in just a bit.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 01, 2011, 02:06:42 pm »

You're right Draignean, the Copper Can will upgrade from Copper to Iron Greaves. A few more pieces and he will be known as the Iron Can. I'll keep the Copper ones for betting purposes for the time being.

Here are the Copper Can's bets for tonight :

DODUN Vs. Oranen : Copper Greaves on Oranen. DODUN may be a good fighter but he would need some training with this huge blade before he starts wielding it with enough skill to hurt Oranen.

Connan Vs. Tempest : Pretty even match, with a preference for Tempest because neither side has gauntlets and a single strike in the hand can incapacitate Connan immediately, while Tempest can continue to fight. No bet on this one.

Dominatrix Vs. Karandras : Copper Boot on Dominatrix. It would be a pretty good fight if Karandras made use of his 2 points in shield, but he doesn't have any equipped ;). Dom will have an easy time hitting him with 0 dodging and considering the scourge ability to pierce armor pretty well.

Sea Serpents Vs. Troll : I've never met a Sea Serpent before, so I've no idea how powerful they are, or even if they can breathe out of water. I'll pass. EDIT : looks like they're pretty strong...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:14:59 pm by kzel »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2011, 02:28:33 pm »

DODUN Vs. Oranen : Copper Greaves on Oranen.
Dominatrix Vs. Karandras : Copper Boot on Dominatrix.
ookay. Just making sure with Draignean that this should still be going on. Otherwise only bets on the usual stuff.
Sea Serpents Vs. Troll : I've never met a Sea Serpent before, so I've no idea how powerful they are, or even if they can breathe out of water. I'll pass. EDIT : looks like they're pretty strong...
Yes Sea Serpents are pretty powerful. They can't breathe out of water, which is why you see the blue 4's and 5's.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Vox Nihili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2011, 02:55:02 pm »

Actually since the betting got a case of guanopsychosis you only had 15 Points worth of gear, your correct equipment is now displayed on the character page. We apologize for the inconvenience.

What?  I don't get anything at all for winning my bet?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2011, 03:06:17 pm »

you get a piece of leather from the house  ;D
no-one betted against you. you still won though.

BUT CAN MY GUY KICK SOME *** NOW PLEASE!?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 01, 2011, 03:14:27 pm »

What?  I don't get anything at all for winning my bet?

'Fraid not, no one bet against you on your fight. Consider it a compliment to your fighting ability.

DODUN Vs. Oranen : Copper Greaves on Oranen.
Dominatrix Vs. Karandras : Copper Boot on Dominatrix.
ookay. Just making sure with Draignean that this should still be going on. Otherwise only bets on the usual stuff.

Yeah, let them gamble. The payout isn't great when you're betting against the house so lord knows, it may help regulate the system some.

you get a piece of leather from the house  ;D
no-one betted against you. you still won though.

BUT CAN MY GUY KICK SOME *** NOW PLEASE!?

If I have time I'll slot Dagur into a special match, Half normal, half shark filled water. Cool?
---

Vox Nihili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 01, 2011, 03:43:04 pm »

Fine.  Here's my actual build then:

Items: 1 Bronze War Hammer, 1 Iron Chainmail, 1 Iron Helm, 2 Iron High Boots, 2 Iron Gauntlets (15 points total)

I have no use for leather.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 01, 2011, 04:13:15 pm »

Another day another death, for the first match of the day we have two dwarves trying to kill one another. Sad to see it come to this, but so happy that people are paying me to see it!

Oranen, he's a dwarf. With an axe. Not much else to say really.

Vs.

DODUN, instead of using the more traditional weapons that are sized for him Dodun uses a Greatsword... A dangerous pick in more ways than one.

Dodun seems anxious to fight, proving his worth in this fight means he is more than just an average Urist with a big sword. To die now would be to die a civilian, an inglorious death if there ever was one. Oranen is already a gladiator, less likely to make the mistakes of one eager to prove their worth, less likely to take a risky window.

The fight Commences with a shattering clash and blood soon slicks the ground... Dodun recieves the first blow, a glancing slash to his arm. A painful wound, but one that inflicts no real harm. The next blows are exchanged in a standstill, Dodun parrying and using his armor while Oranen dodges and deflects the worst blows off onto his axe. Oranen then manages to connect another slash, this time to Doduns foot. The wound is less superficial tearing deeply into the foot, Enraged Dodun counters but Oranen parries the off balance stroke.  Oranen then manages a monumental blow that completely severs Doduns left foot, things don't appear to be going well for Dodun...

Unable to stand properly Dodun doesn't manage to do much in the rest of the fight, Oranen however adds insult to injury though by lopping off Dodun's other foot at the first available opportunity. At this point Dodun manages to connect his first blow in the entire fight, from his position prone on the floor he punches Oranen in the foot. The exertion of this activity combined with the lack of feet causes him to bleed out in moments.

Well done Oranen, you killed a perfectly good person. I'm sure he felt unfulfilled for the rest of his death, which is of course quite a long time. Be proud and take your prize from the hideously mutilated corpse of a person who, had you known, you would have been great buddies with.

Victor's Combat Log
---

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 01, 2011, 04:20:41 pm »

My god.....i hope i get to face Oranen if i survive.An axe for an axe!

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 01, 2011, 04:27:31 pm »

ok if i can still sign up another  person then

FEMALE elf.

EDIT: oops forgot a name

name:feelf

items: a Faerie Silver short sword, bronze helmet

skill: 1 sword, 4 dodge

bio: it sucks geting killed by an elf, but by a GIRL ELF? thats just sad

^^ hope its true lol
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:37:34 am by mcdonaldjord »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 01, 2011, 05:17:52 pm »

I'm sick for two days and I come back to find ten new pages?
Alright, apparently I've won another battle (for the betters, when did that happen) and a bar of... pitchblende.  Also, apparently I can upgrade my equipment.  Well... another point in shield user for now, and Kzel didn't have anything I want so I'll pass on looting the corpse.

Edit:  Actually, if I take his iron pike, can I trade that and my iron helm in for a steel helm?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:21:18 pm by Remalle »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 77