Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 74951 times)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Draignean)
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2011, 04:15:44 pm »

Okay, since it's my job to match the fights up to our gladiators I screwed up with the kincaid match. Little poky knives were stunningly brutal and you guys were stunningly dead before I could reconsider. So at great personal expense I will reincarnate* the characters who died in the Kincaid match if you ask me.

It wasn't that bad of a match, I tried running it (8 times) and with large iron daggers on Kincaid, our team won roughly 50% of the times, usually after a lucky hit in the chest incapacitating the assassin before everyone dies.

I'm okay for the reincarnation, and will fight the serpent men if it's at all possible.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2011, 04:22:43 pm »

Okay first match of the day, and it is a strange one...

Pantsless Joe
, Half naked human who get's a little too hands on for a first date.

Vs.

Voxnar, stoic man with a hammer, curiously enough he isn't wearing pants either.

Okay, well I'd love to make some form of serious introduction for these two fellas, but a half naked man about to get the hammer from another dude with no pants on... Well the situation is awkward to say the least. So let's move on to the, ah, action.

Well Voxnar is just hammering into joe, beaking ribs, arms, legs, and pretty much whatever he can reach with his hammer. Joe has failed to do anything effective, except of course for spraying the floor with blood and vomit. Two men going at it is never pretty.

The fight continues in the same vein for several more minutes, bone shards are driven through various internal organs but Joe still lives. Even as Voxnar gets a hammerblow in so fierce that it became lodged in the wound Joe lives on. The end however is inevitable and Voxnar is fairly merciful, blasting joe in the face with his Hammer obliterating the brain.

Congratulations Voxnar, take your rewards. We hope to see less of you in something less flagrantly gay soon.
Victor's Combat Log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2011, 04:36:35 pm »

ouch.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2011, 04:37:42 pm »

Let's GO TEMPEST!!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2011, 04:54:14 pm »

Name- karandras
Race- Human
Gender- Male
Skill Points- 2 spearman, 1 armor user, 2 shield user
Items-iron spear,iron mail shirt,iron helm,2 iron high boots.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2011, 05:33:46 pm »

Gah two tests in one day in the same class >_>

Go figure

Im impressed by how much Dragnean has been able to do.

Also, Some ways to do improved armour may help

Switching between iron to bronze, But we would need a good system to do so.

Draignean, If you can think it up ill edit the first page to include it
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2011, 07:20:58 pm »

Then we have a special 3 Vs. 5 match. In this match the Galdiators will be fighting a Serpent man ambush team consisting of 3 Blowgunners and 2 spearmen, I will allot 3 skill points and 3 pieces of iron gear to each member of the ambush team. The Victors of the match will receive double skill points, and a bar of pig iron. (Just keep track that you have that, it won't actually help you in a fight.)

----\
----= The Ssserpentsss
----/

Gaaben will smash their souls

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2011, 07:48:41 pm »

Read a few pages back when you get the chance, bronze is worse than iron right now. There isn't any good in between element at this point, and the results of a Steel using fighter Vs. an Iron Fighter are brutally one sided. (I am thinking up a system, hence the reason the people that defeat the serpent ambush get a chunk of pig iron.) I'm also going to run some tests see if I can find a more viable set of elements, and after a bit of consultation I may start radically upgrading people's gear.

I'll start the serpent match soon as I get everyone's stats together, I really need to update my source page. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2011, 07:49:40 pm »

Mr. Pokey Stick
Elf
Male
4 spearman 1 dodging
iron spear, iron helm, iron breastplate, iron greaves, iron gauntlet (1)

Mr. Pokey Stick isn't a very smart elf.  And he never got the memo that he was supposed to like nature and be a pansy.  He started by tearing the wings off of butterflies as a baby and just can't help poking things with his iron stick.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:15:23 pm by Zifnab »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2011, 08:23:37 pm »

Then we have a special 3 Vs. 5 match. In this match the Galdiators will be fighting a Serpent man ambush team consisting of 3 Blowgunners and 2 spearmen, I will allot 3 skill points and 3 pieces of iron gear to each member of the ambush team. The Victors of the match will receive double skill points, and a bar of pig iron. (Just keep track that you have that, it won't actually help you in a fight.)

----\
----= The Ssserpentsss
----/

Hey Gnome can fight here, Yes???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2011, 09:36:07 pm »

Read a few pages back when you get the chance, bronze is worse than iron right now. There isn't any good in between element at this point, and the results of a Steel using fighter Vs. an Iron Fighter are brutally one sided. (I am thinking up a system, hence the reason the people that defeat the serpent ambush get a chunk of pig iron.) I'm also going to run some tests see if I can find a more viable set of elements, and after a bit of consultation I may start radically upgrading people's gear.

I'll start the serpent match soon as I get everyone's stats together, I really need to update my source page.

I did read it, Yes its a tad confuseing without upgradeing from one to another but not haveing it so its completely over powered. As I know of yet we can't just simply adjust the quality, Or this would be extremly simple to do.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2011, 10:36:45 pm »

Even if I gave Joe an actual weapon, he would of have only hit him once... ouch. :o

So, Ragathgare is reincarnated then?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2011, 10:40:29 pm »

Now our first special fight since the Kincaid Fiasco is going to be a fun one, brought straight from the heart of the world we have a fighting team of serpent men to challenge our gladiators. (For those of you joining us late the Kincaid fiasco refers to massive reincarnation and violation of 3 religions, 28 Bindings, and the belief of 1,952.5+1 Cults  -The cult of indecision only get's a half vote, and the cult of the Procrastination is tagging along late-)

Gaaben, the bone crusher.

Kzel, the eternal soldier.

Callahan, the deadeye.

Vs.

Sssarrsiill (Plays-in-sand)

Haannass (Warm-tail)

Sssashaass
(Holds-his-tail)

Hasirrannaar (Sleeps-on-warm-rocks)

Bob (bob)

Our three gladiators hold themselves with confidence, all of them are veterans of one fight or another (Granted Kzel is only a veteran because I paid to have him reincarnated has a birdman but still.) and none of them have anything in their hearts but a love of battle. The serpent team is a fresh one, eager cadets looking for fame and glory... Perhaps they will find it, but then again, perhaps not.

The battle get's bloody fast and the first kill is struck gaaben, showing uncharacteristic efficiency and simply bashing Sssashaass' skull in. Callahan's first shot embedded itself in bob's spine, but several blowdarts hit Callahan in the chest staggering him. Kzel is busy being badass and blocking blowdarts out of the air.

The fight has taken an interesting turn, and not a good one for our gladiators. Both of Gaaben's legs have suffered bone damage from the onslaught of darts causing him to lose consciousness and Kzel has been shot in both wings as well as suffering bone damage to his left arm. Bob despite loss of his ability to stand has managed to stave off his death for a staggering amount of time.

Tied up in their fight against bob Kzel and Gaaben might have fallen to the constant barrage from Sssarrsiill, Haannass, and Hasirrannaar. Might have, except for the fact that about this moment all three run out of blowdarts. There is a moment's pause of confusion and then Callahan runs forward and smashes the butt off his crossbow through Bob's head, finishing what he started. From there it isn't so much a fight as a massacre as Gaaben, Kzel, and Callahan batter through three Serpent men who are only armed with blowguns... and no darts.

Well done lads, well done. You've done your various nationalities proud. Take your prizes, especially that brick of pig iron. You'll want that later.

Due to the excessive length of screenshots for the entire fight we'll be taking only the kill shots.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2011, 10:42:26 pm »

Even if I gave Joe an actual weapon, he would of have only hit him once... ouch. :o

So, Ragathgare is reincarnated then?

If you like, I mean Kzel came back as a badass cave swallow that blocks blowdarts, bites snakes in face, and shoves pikes through people's brains.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2011, 10:53:02 pm »

I did read it, Yes its a tad confuseing without upgradeing from one to another but not haveing it so its completely over powered. As I know of yet we can't just simply adjust the quality, Or this would be extremly simple to do.

Uhh...

Fuck I totally did not think of that...
*Hyper facepalm*

I'll get that working tomorrow, then I'll set up an exchange between Iron, bronze, and steel. Should take maybe ten minutes to adjust the metals so that those three are a lot closer together.
---
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 77