Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 74879 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Special Event Tonight!)
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2011, 07:28:01 pm »

Name: Callahan
Race: Human
Skill Choices: +2 Hammer, +3 Crossbow
Items chosen: Crossbow X2, Bolts x10, mailshirt. 

Bio: Do you feel lucky?

Well do you, punk?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Bobinater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2011, 02:19:28 am »

Good point adding it to the FAQ, And yes you get five arrows for one item worth, Just to even it out enough for archers.

if thats the case can I revise my elfs equipment to Bow, [10]Arrows, iron helm, iron chainmail

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2011, 07:17:24 am »

Name: Charzy FireBlood
Race: Dwarf
Skill Choices: 1 armour user, 2 shield user and 2 axedwarf
Items choosen: An axe, 1 shield, a breastplate, a helmet and greaves.
Bio: Charzy FireBlood always wanted adventure, so when he heard of this arena, he decided. This was going to be fun.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 07:18:56 am by Supercharazad »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2011, 07:39:45 am »

Name: Liberal Dmite
Skill Choices: 5 shield user
Items chosen: breastplate, bow, arrows, shield
Bio: Psychopath. 'Nuff said.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2011, 11:21:00 pm »

Name: jmod
Race: dwarf
Skill Choices: 4 dodger 1 spearuser
Items chosen: iron spear, breastplate, helm, greaves (2)

bio: STABBY!!!! :D

Soapalope

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Soaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2011, 09:50:04 am »

Name: Elfy McElferson.
Race: Elf.
Skill Chosen: 2 Dodge, 3 Wrestler.
Items chosen: Tunic, 1x some-kind-of-leather-boot, a cloak,  1x some-kind-of-leather-glove, and a loincloth.
Bio: An elf who wants to be a dwarf.

I laugh at your nooby weapons, and will rip your left toe's nerves repeatedly! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:58:45 am by Soapalope »
FB: I was thinking Facebook. Oh well, I guess killing a Forgotten Beast is cool too.
Note to self: Devise methods of dropping Liaisons down pits during meetings. Yell, "THIS IS SPAARRTAAAAA..." at my monitor.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2011, 07:04:35 pm »

I guess this is dead, been awhile.

no updates

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2011, 09:43:27 pm »

Good Evening Laddies, Ladies, and assorted in-betweens and deviations.

Seeing as the old Arena Master has fallen into a coma I'll be taking his job until further notice. Don't worry, matches will proceed as planned* and corruption will be kept to an absolute minimum**. We apologize most dearly for the interruption. We assure those worried that a sudden change in management will result in sloppy arena practices that we have gone to great length to ensure that plans are ready*** to ensure that the sanctity of arena custom is kept. 

The first match scheduled is our fantastic**** Lions Vs. Gladiators match, it is expected that this event will usher forth the kind of changes that the new management wishes to enforce. However some pre-match tragedy has struck and we regret to announce that one of our esteemed Gladiators who would have had the honor of fighting in our great arena has died of natural causes.***** As such Woody Alan will have the great honor of subbing in for him.

We expect the fight to resolve in about an hour, however twice that time may elapse of technical difficulties arise.******

* All bribes payed to previous Arena master must have a proof of purchase certificate if you wish to have them continued or reimbursed.

** Seeing as there are no other Arenas currently in operation corruption will run unchecked and I can claim it as industry standard.

*** Plans are ready, in place, and prepared. We will however be ignoring aforementioned plans during my term in management.

**** Fantastic Qualities of match not guaranteed. Concerns about the abuse of animals or cowardice of combatants should be addressed to the Director of internal affairs. (Lion #2)

***** A sword through the brain quite naturally causes death.

****** Urist McRecordkeeper cancels update forum: devoured by lions.

(If the previous owner of this thread wishes to have it back just yell at me. Also woody was put in since tastysaurus seemed disappointed that he hadn't made it before.) 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2011, 09:55:47 pm »

Name: Naki
Race: Gnome
Skill Choices: 2 Whip user, 1 Fighter, 2 Dodger
Items choosen: Iron Scroge, Bronze Brestplate, Bronze Greaves, Bronze Highboot (each foot)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2011, 11:00:01 pm »

Now to those of you joining us late, we have a flier to let you know who's who in the arena...

Dwarf 1 is Connan

Dwarf 2 is Extol II: Electric Boogaloo

Elf 1 is Woody Alan

(Truly a historic moment, an elf working with dwarves to kill animals.)

VS.

Lion 1 as An angry housecat

Lion 2 as My IA Admin

Lion 3 as An Amalgam of kitten spirits

Our contestants face off, each knowing that he stares death in the face... his own, or his foe's? (Damnitall someone poke the angry housecat and make it floofier, it looks like a damn dust-mop right now.)

Wow, it looks like I'm going to need a new IA director. The dwarf Connan strikes a heroic blow for his team by burying his axe into my former IA director's brain.

Connan is on a roll, cutting a hole into the side of the Amalgam of Kitten spirits. Damaged and scared its essence dissipates quickly. Our other two combatants mill about smartly.

Connan seems to have become the hero of this fight, putting both of the other gladiators into supplementary positions. Once again he proves his skill by slamming his axe straight into the brain of the angry housecat.

You have seen it my friends and most loyal customers, three ferocious lions being best by a single heroic gladiator while the other two gladiators get beaten about the head and shoulders. Take your well earned prize connan, and you other two... well you can wear whatever is left.

Due to limited time caused by the shift in management this will be our only match of the night, still we believe that this is enough to satiate the appetites of our bloodthirsty viewers... for a moment.

Woody, Connan, Extoll choose your skills.

---

Bobinater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2011, 11:40:17 pm »

Thanks Draignean, I'm glad to see this thread alive again and under new management.

I like the new narrative style

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2011, 01:05:32 am »

I demand a redo  >:(
The battle was supposed to be against six lions.

Source:
They will be on a team againsit Six Lions

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2011, 10:38:31 am »

I demand a redo  >:(
The battle was supposed to be against six lions.

Source:
They will be on a team againsit Six Lions

So it was...

Well I direct to footnotes #2 and #3.

However I'm perfectly certain that we can arrange for this to happen tod-

Urist McBeastKeeper: "Psst!  We haven't got any more lions!"
Urist McArenaMaster: "Really? Are you sure?"
Urist McBeastKeeper: "Yessir I just ate the last one."
Urist McArenaMaster: ...  ... ... "Well what do we have that hasn't been eaten?"
Urist McBeastKeeper: "Hmm... We got a cornbeakdog, some twinkies... ooh here-"
Urist McArenaMaster: "What ANIMALS do we have you incompetent buffoon? I can't pit a twinkie against a gladiator and expect people to pay to see it! Find me something or I swear by my beard you'll be dressed up as a gorilla and sent to fight."
Urist McBeastKeeper: "Uhh well... uh... We have some nice err... corpses... Those are better than twinkies right?"
Urist McArenaMaster: "Corpses... Ookay I can work with that....  Go, Try to match most of their limbs up onto the right torso, now get! Screw this up and you'll be scrubbing the animal pens with your beard! Run along now, I'm trying to do an introduction...

*Cough* ah yes, as I was saying I'm perfectly sure that this rematch can happen tomorrow. We can't do it today since our well stocked menagerie of death is on its day of rest. I apologize, but I'm not about to disturb the sacred practices of hundreds of vicious animals merely for the enjoyment of boodthirsty spectators. Do not despair my loyal customers for we have something brutally awe-inspiring to end our day today.

Today we shall feature 4 fights,

The first two shall be standard arena matches,

First in a battle of the bows we have...
Liberal Dmite VS. Already Dead

Then to finish up with some old fashioned bloodlust inducing hack and slash we have...
Charzy FireBlood VS. ODUN

Then we have a special 1 on 1 fight. Our brave and noble warriors shall fight for your favor in... the Danger Zone! In essence we will be pitting two warriors together in a standard match, with the addition of the match being on a platform over a giant pool of lava... and that there are holes in the floor. This is a dangerous fight, so dangerous that we can't put fighters in without their consent! (Damn regs..) It is not expected that mighty warriors will brave increased danger without increased reward however, and so instead of picking an item up from the corpse of your fallen foe you shall be awarded with any iron item of your choosing.

Currently signed up for the match...

Liberal Dmite The II Vs. Already Dead

Now... for our grand finale... We shall be doing an event that has never been attempted before. An event of such incredible power that the dead themselves shall rise. In the hallowed walls of this arena we shall be sponsoring *off-cadence drumroll* the DREADMARCH! Three Heroes shall rise to the call, and they shall face their doom... they shall face their destiny. The heroes shall see eye to eye with those that came before, and they shall spit their defiance into the black eyes of death even as they sunder the wretched hearts of the fallen with cold iron!

For this event three Gladiators will step forward, and they shall face off against every gladiator that has ever fallen in the arena. The fallen warriors shall be zombie or skeleton, (Randomly chosen) all of their skill picks will be reduced by 2, and they will have 2 randomly selected pieces of their former gear. The gladiators who survive this reign of hell on earth shall be rewarded with an additional skill point, 1 piece of armor from the fallen, and a mantle of the dead. (Really it's just a Phantom spider silk cloak, but mantle of the dead sounds better.)

Current Fighters,

Ragathgare the Destroyer \
               Gaaben           =VS= The Fallen
                Remalle           /

Good morning, and welcome to another glorious day of entertaining death.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 09:30:57 pm by Draignean »
---

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2011, 10:47:38 am »

Name: Liberal Dmite
Skill Choices: 5 shield user
Items chosen: breastplate, bow, arrows, shield
Bio: Psychopath. 'Nuff said.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2011, 11:30:01 am »

Yay! Sign me up for the zombie killings!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 77