Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 74945 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
« Reply #855 on: February 22, 2011, 11:40:51 am »

It's been 3 days D:

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #856 on: February 22, 2011, 01:43:11 pm »

Yup, it has, what of it?
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 22, 2011, 02:25:10 pm »

Yup, it has, what of it?

There hasb't been a fight in three days, that's usually the point when someone else starts doing the matches.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 22, 2011, 03:44:48 pm »

Yeah. Methinks someone new must arise.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 22, 2011, 03:58:22 pm »

It took some time, but finally I've had the two scheduled matches done. Here they are :

The first fight opposes Urist DeathGrasp the skull basher armed with a morningstar in each hand, to Punisher the ex-executionner who took his trade's token great axe with him when he quit.

Urist gets the first blow as Punisher tries to get stable footing to swing his mighty weapon. The dwarf bashes and bashes, and Punisher is soon too wounded to strike back and try to chop off what should have been one more head in his long career.

A final strike gets the human in the head, and the usual outcome is easy to ascertain : his skull is shattered and all life has left his body.

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)

Second fight for tonight, Z Fireblood the axedwarf against SirDrake the swordsman.

SirDrake gets the first blow but his strike his blocked. Z's counter is brutal as he severs his opponent's right leg, bringing him to the ground. The dwarf then cuts off his left foot, but SirDrake is still very much alive and blocks and parries most blows coming his way. A quick bash from the pommel of his sword bruises Z a little, and the dwarf goes berserk.

A rapid hack to the throat brings SirDrake chances of victory to zero as blood starts pouring out of his body as fast as a fountain. SirDrake tries a few final blows that Z parries, and bleeds to death soon after.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 22, 2011, 04:01:39 pm »

I won't have much time available in the coming week, so people who want more fights should decide on someone to replace me for a while.

Here's a mostly updated fighter list to help:

Spoiler: Alive - 0 win (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 1 win (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 2 wins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 3 wins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 4+ wins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arena Champion (click to show/hide)

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 22, 2011, 04:04:46 pm »

YAY! I survived!
I'll take punishers great axe, refund that and my two morningstars points and get 2 steel morningstars.
I'll also take a point in dodger.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 22, 2011, 05:16:58 pm »

Owner: Supercharazad
Name: Z Fireblood
Race: Dwarf
Skill Choices: 3 axedwarf, 2 shield user, 1 armour user.
Items choosen: Iron Breastplate, Iron Gauntlet X2, Bronze Helmet, Iron Shield, Bronze Axe.
Last Fight: 2011-02-19
-------------------------------

I claimed the two equip points, traded in my axe and helmet, making a total of 6 equip points, then I got a bronze helm and a bronze axe. I also added a point to armour user.

Who wants some? ;)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 22, 2011, 05:44:00 pm »

....I just read my fight....

I died to a newbie. BULLSHIT!

Edit: Trying him again. He just got lucky.

Owner: JohnFalcon99977
Name: Johnathan Viltaris Falcon (More Elgent name)
Race: Human
Skill Choices: 3 Sword, 2 Dogue
Items chosen: Steel Long Sword (5), Iron Breastplate (2), Copper Chainmail (1), Iron Leggings (2)
Bio: After hearing his father death in the arena, he decided that he needed to walk in his path and become a Warrior. He has no intentions of any revenge or greed for fame, he just needs to die in his fathers path, and with honour.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:50:00 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #864 on: February 23, 2011, 12:03:48 am »

As I said before fairysilver morningstar and put a point into fighter...and I shall challenge feelf.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 23, 2011, 10:22:27 am »

I want a fight.
New dude:

Liberal Dmite III
Male dwarf.
Lasher 5
Steel scourge. Iron breastplate. (Feather)Wood shield. Leather hood. Copper greaves. Copper helm.
(5+2+0.5+0.5+1+1=10)

My brother also wants a fight.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 23, 2011, 03:22:44 pm »

A special fight tonight to make up for the lack of updates this week. Our special challenge is one of weapons, more specifically whips against swords. Which one shall prevail ? The arena is here to provide the finest military tacticians in our audience with the answer.

The fight will oppose two teams, each of three members. Among those three, two rookies and one experienced fighter to lead them. All are of course skilled in their weapon of choice.

On the left, is Bronzesword's sword team. Bronzesword leads the group while waving around his massive two handed sword, which should make signaling instructions all the easier in the heat of battle. His two rookies are Johnathan Falcon, who came to die as his father did, and Isiron, fresh out of the swordfighting school of his country. The team is entirely human, which should make fighting side by side easier for them.

On the right, is Emacac's lashing team. The elf leads the multicultural group with assurance, giving instructions to his two partners of the day. His fairie silver scourge is the fanciest weapon of the three, but whips are known to cause damage whatever the material. Alongside him, are the dwarf Liberal Dmite II and the gobling GabbenFraagen, both eager to put to use the various tricks Emacac showed them, being clearly the most skilled of them.

Fighters charge in the middle of the arena, and the three swordfighters focus on Emacac almost immediately, ignoring the two rookies to take out what they estimate is the bigger threat. The elf is however a tough target to nail, and his scourge lashes the air and deflects weapons from all directions, even when a charge brings Emacac to the ground. Meanwhile, Liberal Dmite II and GabbenFraagen focus on a distracted Isiron, and make him lose hold of his sword by attacking from behind and the sides.

Emacac also took advantage of his opponents' clutter around him to inflict some damage, as the three humans provide more than enough area to hit without striking to precisely. However, the two other lashers are doing most of the damage, and are now focusing on Johnathan. The human is covered in a rain of painful lashes and gives in to pain after he's endured too much. GabbenFraagen puts an end to his life by striking at his head.

Emacac and Liberal Dmite II are now upon Bronzesword, who is half passed out from pain already. Gabbenfraagen instead took on the unarmed Isiron alone, punching and lashing for a while until he applies the same move he did against Johnathan, striking the second human in the head and putting him down.

He then turns to the unconscious Bronzesword, and did once again what will no doubt be his trademark move, putting an end to the fight once and for all and proving, for now, the superiority of whips against swords.

EDIT : small corrections in the writeup
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 05:32:15 pm by kzel »

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 23, 2011, 03:28:49 pm »

UPDATED FIGHTER LIST

The following owners need to update their fighters :
Bobinater, !!crundle!!, TolyK, ggamer

Spoiler: Alive - 0 win (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 1 win (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 2 wins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 3 wins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 4+ wins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arena Champion (click to show/hide)

I would like people to form 2 or 3 person teams on their own, otherwise I'll just team them up by race or weapon depending on availability. If you don't want to take part in any team battle, please say so as well.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 23, 2011, 03:38:58 pm »

i get 2 points equip and 1 skill right?

if so:
copper mail shirt, leather vest, leather cloak
lasher 6
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 23, 2011, 03:41:47 pm »

Z wants a fight too!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 77