Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75154 times)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
« Reply #570 on: February 10, 2011, 04:26:56 pm »

If you want, I don't see any reason to refuse it to you.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #571 on: February 10, 2011, 04:49:33 pm »

Wait I won something? what?
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 10, 2011, 04:53:10 pm »

We finish the RACE by skipping right up to the slayer challenge, not enough veteran having registered for the previous level. This will be a deadly and dangerous fight, but less so than we hoped for, as all our lions were recently bought by the elves, "for their own good" they said. I'd advise anyone attempting to assault their settlement to look out for trained lions in the vicinity, just in case.

Here are our three brave slayers, ready to defy no less than 4 huge cats: 2 jaguards, 1 leopard and 1 tiger. Our volunteers are, from top to bottom :

Ragathgare the Destroyer : who better than a tigerman to know the flaws and tricks of its lesser race ? Ragathgare should have an tactical advantage that should not be underestimated, and that could save him his life if he doesn't let himself get overwhelmed.
Random Elf #3207 : apparently after a striking revelation about his past, his lust for battle and for dwarf blood is now limitless. 4 big cats should provide him enough blood to satiate him, and a victory can bring him right up to our arena champions, two dwarves...
Callahan : our mighty crossbowman will be hard pressed to win or even survive this, as the beasts won't wait for him to empty his quiver before they charge and bite him to death.

WAIT! It looks like the 2 jaguars are not happy to be together in the same fight, and one of them has begun attacking the other. This happens in all 3 cages, incredible! This could give Callahan time to bring a beast down or two, and he's already begun to let loose bolts after bolts at the Tiger, arguably the most dangerous target in the fight. Ragathgare and Random have charged and taken advantage of the infighting to strike while the beasts are stuck in melee, and their odds of survival have dramatically improved as well!

Alas, our slayer Random Elf 3207 is quickly in very deep trouble, as his light armor and his total lack of defensive skill doesn't protect him from the mighty jaws of the 3 beasts left, striking at him all at once. Winded and in serious pain, it looks like his intent on saving up all his points and entering the RACE will have been a bad move. A few more pieces of armor could have deflected a few blows and given him time to recover, but the three felines are upon him now and his future looks grim.

He expires soon after, completely overwhelmed, and the beasts start feasting on his body. You were a good fighter Random, and your strategy was interesting. Let's hope you're finally released from the horrors that haunt you now that you've joined your ancestors.

But the RACE, even after such tragic event, goes on! Ragathgare strikes his tiger down first, then starts to mow down the leopard and the jaguar that are standing between him and victory. Callahan is out of ammo and has resorted to bashing the beasts to death. All three of his opponents are wounded and bleeding, so it shouldn't take too long, but Ragathgare's axe is certainly a faster tool for death. Congratulations Ragathgare, you can now count yourself among our champions!

The last question of this event is: will Callahan survive to fight another day ? Despite having all the odds against him, he manages to pull it off completely uninjured, and will be in better than even position to win a fight against another slayer.

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:00:23 pm by kzel »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 10, 2011, 05:04:54 pm »

You didn't put the cats on the same team?

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 10, 2011, 05:07:24 pm »

Batman 1 gave a growl of anger. He and his fellow kin had arrived here, in this desolate wasteland. Then, all they saw were corpses. Corpses. Swallowmen corpses, and their own kin. That was when they heard a caw. REVENGE. They unsheathed their axes and flew into the whirlwind.

Batman 1 sneered at the clumsiness of the scum. These brethren of the bird were merely figments of his kin. He charged into the scum. The scum sent his axe into his arm. It came into one hand and through the other end. He screamed in agony. Then an instinctive reflex occured. a moment later, a headless Swallowman fell onto the floor.

A roar from Gulchraptured threw the scum back. They had slain 2 of his kin. Now they would pay. His copper axe moved as if it were a part of his body. within two heartbets, 2 scum were lying onn the floor, bleeding out. There was a sudden crack as a headless Swallowman fell onto the floor. "NO MERCY!", He roared.

Already, another Scum had fallen. But one of his kin had collapsed, unconscious. He would make them pay.

It was done. They had won. The screeching echoes of the Batmen filled the sullen arena. "what do we do now?" one of GulchRaptured's men asked.
"Now?, Now we fly"

The corpses are due to fail battles. I kept forgetting to take pictures.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 10, 2011, 05:08:40 pm »

wait both people bet on the same side, what happens?
Nom nom nom

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 10, 2011, 05:13:26 pm »

You didn't put the cats on the same team?

I forgot to change the team when everything was set up and I added the first leopard. And since it was the third time I had done the fight, trying to get at least one survivor (lions were obliterating everyone, even alone), I just rolled with it. It made for a more interesting fight, I think.

To clarify, in each fight one leopard was independent, the other 3 big cats were on the same team.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 10, 2011, 05:13:51 pm »

um......You get....... :o :o :o :o
You get a Batman point! 1 point in skill? Can I do this Kzel?

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 10, 2011, 05:21:00 pm »

um......You get....... :o :o :o :o
You get a Batman point! 1 point in skill? Can I do this Kzel?
No betting gets one better at fighting :) You can distribute equipment only, as it doesn't imbalance fights too much. Keep it limited to iron items if possible.

In normal betting, if both sides bet on the same option and win, they get their wager back.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 10, 2011, 05:38:27 pm »

OKay.....I'll have to make a new battle.
Suggestions?

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 10, 2011, 05:40:36 pm »

10 Cats Vs 10 Dogs? ( Vs 10 Wolfs.)
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 10, 2011, 05:48:41 pm »

OK! MUAHAHA!!!!

Edit: I have learned that cats are underpowered.

Edit: I have also learned that dogs are overpwered.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 06:06:10 pm by Icee77 »

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 10, 2011, 06:03:32 pm »

As I got those 2 equipment points, I'll get a pair of copper high boots with it.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 10, 2011, 06:14:04 pm »

Hehehe. I'll get a point in fighter, a point in axe, an adamantine axe, and smelt my current iron one into a gauntlet.

Icee, try larger kitties. Like lions or leopards or cheetahs.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 10, 2011, 06:19:19 pm »

I tried a elephant.....they won :o :o
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 77