Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75167 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Kzel)
« Reply #495 on: February 08, 2011, 08:41:00 am »

Female human
Morningstar and only morningstar...

I can make a special arena "Colloseum" layout for you if you want, I've got mine setup to have loads more stuff then the vanilla, including a maze, boats for testing of naval weapons, archery/dodge testing platforms, and even some flow tests.
really? nice... could you send me it via link in PM or something? I've actually never modded the arena, how do you do that?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #496 on: February 08, 2011, 08:52:03 am »

There is actually a page on the wiki about it, and unsuprisingly the arena is probably under utilized just because it is limited to floors walls ramps water and magma as building stuff...

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Arena

I'll pm you the text to put in your arena.txt after I finish cleaning out the bad text I've got it full of and the ascii image...
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 08, 2011, 08:52:37 am »

lol.
cool thanks.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #498 on: February 08, 2011, 09:37:01 am »

Damnit I just realised I displaced all my stuff to test if I can get grass trees or such grow...(mixed results, muddy natural rock but it shows as green on the map :P)

I'll have to remake a new one...
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 08, 2011, 09:38:03 am »

I tried modding and DF hung for me.
Shit. Well at least I have the old file...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #500 on: February 08, 2011, 09:40:51 am »

Make sure you dont have stuff over the edges it will not work when it does have sticking out past the premade limit.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 08, 2011, 09:43:23 am »

I actually think I missed lines :/
well back to programming...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 08, 2011, 04:37:49 pm »

to use the equpi points to get: another iron gauntlet, boots.
With 2 equip points you can only get 1 iron item, so I gave you an iron gauntlet.
You had a second helm though, so I reclaimed it for you and added an iron boot.

swap the iron gaunlets with the copper ones and place the copper ones in inventory
Not sure what you meant with swap, because you can only take one item (and 2 gauntlets are ... two items :) ). I've added one iron gauntlet to your character and kept a copper one for his other hand. Your spare copper gauntlet has been put in reserve (won't be equipped during the fight) to prevent equipment mishaps.

I have decided to start my own betting arena! Except this time, i use different mods for DF!
But first I need permission from Kzel. Can I?
Sure, you can run battles on your own too. If you want to use the fighters registered here, you'd have to ask for volunteers though.

Might I suggest a duel between gaaben, remalle, and 12 unlikely participants? (cavemen)
I'm trying to think of something special to decide the champion of the arena, something not too random like a danger zone. I'll run some tests with unwilling wildlife in the middle of a duel and see what it gives me. Other ideas are welcomed.

Hiya, I'm new here. I've read these forums for a while, but never felt a need to post till now.

Equipment- Shadowsteel dagger (BTW, can i get some free cloth or leather pants? I don't want to be nude)
I'm glad this thread has enticed you to register and post! I'll give you a rope reed loincloth, an elf's specialty.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 08, 2011, 05:00:00 pm »

Welcome back to another night of pointless slaughter, bloodbath and dismemberment! Pointless ? Of course not! This is all for your amusement and for finally proving once and for all, who the best of the best is! Let's get right into tonight's first match, shall we?

On our left, is Tsiru. A young dwarf who chose the way of the sword, not the most followed paths for the dwarves, that's for sure. He did have extensive training in dodging as well, instead of armor and shield fighting, setting him further apart from the usual dwarven fighter even more, and in fact resembling more and more the fighting style of the dwarves age-old rivals, the elves. Will he prove good enough to surpass his opponent?

On our right, is Abaddon. Abaddon is following the dwarven school of Twin Hammer Fight to the letter. Heavy Hammer in each hand, heavy armor covering almost all his body, though made of a bright copper instead of the usual cold iron or steel. His stance seems to indicate a training in dodging as well, but it is clear his focus was his hammers, as he impressively strikes them together in a thunder of sparks.

Both dwarves start trading blows, until Abaddon's left hammer strikes Tsiru's lower leg, fortunately for him only bruising it. Abaddon tries another blow but Tsiru quickly jumps back, and like a spring charges forward towards Abaddon, who is still unbalanced by his previous strike. Even though Tsiru's attack misses, he bumps into the other dwarf with such force that Abaddon is sent tumbling backwards, stunned. Grinning, Tsiru flashes his Fairie Silver Scimitar in the light, and with a mighty slash sends Abaddon right arm's flying away, his hammer and gauntlet still attached to it!

Tsiru doesn't stop his efforts and keeps slashing and stabbing his opponent, cutting off feet and arms alike. Blood is rushing out of Abaddon's body at an alarming rate, and it doesn't take long for him to pass out, and quickly die. Tsiru turns back to the crowd and unleashes a mighty "FOR THE BLOOD GOD!". I don't know about you, but if I were him I'd be pleased! Let's hope for Tsiru's continued success in the arena!

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fighter Update (click to show/hide)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 08, 2011, 05:10:20 pm »

We continue the duels of dwarves with another fight.

On our left, Aximus Prime, the now famous shadow axe wielder, after his marvelous victory in the shark zone free-for-all. Will he be able to put up the same level of fighting now that he's alone and with only one target to strike ? His axe skills and his bronze armor are two serious arguments in favor of this option!

On our right, Kzel III, also known as the Copper Can. An unfitting nickname, for he now wears bronze and iron among his full suit of armor. Will the unmatched pieces prove a burden or a boon to our latest hammer fighter? Will it be enough to stop the mighty Shadowsteel metal, known to cut almost anything but itself and adamantium ?

The answer, as is pretty obvious, is no. After a charge by both dwarves, Kzel is knocked over, and Aximus brings his axe on the dwarf's arm, cleaning chopping it off his body. He then strike horizontally at his hip, and separates him in two, ending his life on the spot.  Congratulations Aximus, you won one of our quickest fight yet!

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 08, 2011, 05:33:16 pm »

.......darn
Name: Tempest jr. Jr.
Skills: 4 axe 1 dodge
Equip: 2 copper axe with copper armor set.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 08, 2011, 05:34:22 pm »

We end tonight's fighting with the recreation of famous events earlier this year. Dwarf versus Elf. Axe versus Sword.

On our left, is one of our most promising recruits, Random Elf #3207. He still hasn't found his pants, and apparently also forgot he had 2 points to spend to get better equipment ! For this daring move, or out of pity for him, the elven members of the public have made a large donation to the arena, and for that he gets one free point to spend... if he survives!

(Note: new rule! Any unspent point earns 50% interest/fight, to reward the risk taken in not acquiring anything right away)

On our right, Connan. A fighter among the best the dwarves have seen, and following in Remalle's footsteps all too closely to be taken lightly. He's good with an axe, knows how to dodge and wear armor effectively, giving a very broad warrior skillset that can be of great help to any fighter in the arena.

Both fighters meet in the center of the ring, and Connan gets the first blow. Random deftly parries it away and counterstrike violently, kicking Connan in the head, then slashing and stabbing his left leg. The first two strikes glance away, but the third find a weak spot in Connan's greaves, and fractures the bone! Connan, now on the ground, tries to get his opponent down too by slashing at his feet, but Random's too fast for him, parries every blow. After pinning Connan down with a nasty stab of his foot, he brings all the strength he can gather in a powerful swing at his weapon arm, sending it away from the dwarf's body, left looking at the empty space where his limb was seconds ago.

The fight was decided, for from this moment on, Connan couldn't do anything anymore. Random keeps slashing anyway, severing another arm, and a foot, from the poor dwarf, to end his pain more quickly or just out of a flash of ancient memory ? Whatever his reasons, Random quickly loses interest in his opponent's body as his soul returns to Armok's side.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 08, 2011, 05:41:35 pm »

UPDATED FIGHTER LIST

The following owners need to update their fighters :
Bobinater, ricemastah

Spoiler: Alive - 0 win (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 1 win (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 2 wins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 3 wins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alive - 4 wins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Graveyard (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 03:30:53 pm by kzel »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 08, 2011, 05:46:12 pm »

I'm not volunteering for this, but I'd like to see a fight between a veteran and a small team of rookies.  Can you make it happen?

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 08, 2011, 06:12:39 pm »

I could join the team of rookies.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 77