Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75056 times)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Draignean)
« Reply #390 on: February 04, 2011, 04:24:18 pm »

As for tonight's matches, here are my predictions.

Hail Mczown Vs. Choozoo Fireblood  in the danger room of Fire and water. : Choozoo should be an easy prey for Hail, unless she dodges in a magma pit or is unlucky enough to receive an arrow in the head. Choozoo's not too good with his bow (markself counts for crossbows only as far as I know) so that's quite unlikely.

Voxnar Vs. Remalle : If the fight is made using each party's favorite weapon, Remalle will have a very hard time surviving. Remalle may be heavily armored, but Voxnar's hammer will strike true through whatever protection he has. Voxnar's high skill should allow him to parry almost every blow aimed at his exposed lower body or shield arm, which are the only two parts Remalle can reliably aim for without having his axe glance away. Still, a lucky hit could chop Voxnar in half, but I wouldn't bet on hit.

In case of an unarmed fight, Remalle's previous experience in fist fights and dodging could make the difference, though the fight would probably be pretty even.

Grimaldus Vs. Powder Axedwarf : Grimaldus is wide open to attacks on his upper and lower body, and Power is a better axe wielder than him. The hammer could be useful if his gets his arm chopped off, but that's unlikely since he has gauntlets, so it'll probably only be dead weight.

Connan Vs. Oranen : the only thing separating the two figters is that Connan is much more skilled at axes. That should make hitting Oranen and parrying his blows easier for him, which should give him the edge in the fight.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 04, 2011, 04:43:21 pm »

Hate to break it but you can't decline, those are the accords of a duel. I will provide the pikes though, the material is up to Remalle.
Well, I was going to insist we use the pikes in our inventories  8) .  I'm going to accept Vox's amendment, though; weaponless it is.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 04, 2011, 06:10:19 pm »

Poor Grimaldus....everyone's betting against you....
WE who are about to die do not want to!!
Have a good fight Powder Axedwarf!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 04, 2011, 08:04:17 pm »

Alright we have our First Danger zone match in a while, Dangur's sister will be participating in the match and only time will tell whether she has her brothers abnormal survival rate.

Hail Mczown, sister to the great Dangur, and maybe a better fighter herself.

Vs.

Choozoo Fireblood, one of the Fireblood line, another family with a long and illustrious history in the arena.

Well two members of our most enduring gladiatorial Families fight today, the Mczowns and the Firebloods. The Firebloods have been a middling class of gladiators, known to a win a few and then die putting up a fight. The Mzowns are known exclusively for the fighter known as Dangur, a devil in the danger zone. Today we see that an odd branch of the Firebloods is represented... an elven branch. Dangur's sister, Hail, represents the Mczowns for this battle.

Choozoo takes the first shot, her elven heritage serving well as the arrow flies true and strikes Hail in the Kidney. Hail takes the blow well and continues charging, Choozoo fires again this time the arrow embeds itself in hails leg. Hail has her brother's iron will though and does not falter, closing the distance with almost impossible speed despite her wounds.

Hail slashes out, reaching desperately with her axe. The Elven heritage that allowed her the skill with the bow works against her now as she doges away from Hail's axe blade. Too late she realizes the folly of her actions and overbalances off the edge of the dangerzone floor and into the shark pit.
From there she is quite literally torn limb from limb. At least she got to feed some animals, what elf wouldn't take joy in that?

Fine work Hail, you may yet surpass your brothers skill. Now after their done fishing all of the bits of corpse out of the shark tank you may pick a piece of Fireblood's gear.

+1 Skill point

Available Loot

iron bow, 5 iron arrows, iron breastplate, iron helmet, iron greaves

Combat log Lost due to over-hasty exit.  :'(
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 04, 2011, 08:18:08 pm »

That.....was fast! Lets go McZowns!!!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 04, 2011, 09:03:39 pm »

Right then, this go here, that goes there....
Hmmm... I reckon this one might last longer....

Nark :: 5th Gnome
Weapons :: Steel Scourge (5)
Armour :: Iron Brestplate (2),Copper Leggings (1), Copper HighBoot (Left) (1), Copper HighBoot (Right) (1)
Skills :: Lasher 4, Fighter 1
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Vox Nihili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 04, 2011, 09:33:32 pm »

Alright then, today we have...

Hail Mczown Vs. Choozoo Fireblood  in the danger room of Fire and water.

then the standard matches

Voxnar Vs. Remalle (If Remalle Accepts Voxnar's amendment to the terms)

Grimaldus Vs. Powder Axedwarf

Connan Vs. Oranen

Wait, I thought we could get ours over lava, too?  Is that still possible?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 04, 2011, 09:57:36 pm »

Alright then, today we have...

Hail Mczown Vs. Choozoo Fireblood  in the danger room of Fire and water.

then the standard matches

Voxnar Vs. Remalle (If Remalle Accepts Voxnar's amendment to the terms)

Grimaldus Vs. Powder Axedwarf

Connan Vs. Oranen

Wait, I thought we could get ours over lava, too?  Is that still possible?

Yeah, it'll have lava. Not quite Danger zone lava, but close.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 04, 2011, 10:23:02 pm »

i think a free for all with all the people with 1 kill or less would be awesoom, or maybe pairs

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 04, 2011, 10:42:32 pm »

"Not quite Danger zone lava!?!?!" There's different grades of lava? and no one told me?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 04, 2011, 10:57:33 pm »

"Not quite Danger zone lava!?!?!" There's different grades of lava? and no one told me?

Danger zone lava is a lake of lava under a one tile wide bridge, so if someone sneezes wrong they fall to their deaths. The Remall X Voxnar Match will be a 4x4 platform over lava, dangerous but not as dangerous.
---

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 05, 2011, 12:39:02 am »

yeah!
I'm thinking...

Mah dudette:
Broker/trainer: TolyK
Name: Hail McZown
Human Female
Skills: Axegirl x6
Equipment: Iron Battle Axe x2, Copper Mail Shirt, Iron Breastplate, Copper Helm, Copper Gauntlet x2.
[/quote]
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 05, 2011, 12:40:20 am »

As for tonight's matches, here are my predictions.

Hail Mczown Vs. Choozoo Fireblood  in the danger room of Fire and water. : Choozoo should be an easy prey for Hail, unless she dodges in a magma pit or is unlucky enough to receive an arrow in the head. Choozoo's not too good with his bow (markself counts for crossbows only as far as I know) so that's quite unlikely.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Since you didn't bet any equipment on Hail you get a leather piece from the house.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

SVOTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 05, 2011, 12:55:20 am »

I would like to enlist

cohen
Human
Male
sword X3 shield X3
iron short sword, iron shield, copper breastplate, iron helmet, copper gauntlets, copper greaves
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:58:12 am by SVOTS »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 05, 2011, 03:17:53 am »

Alright we have a special duel tonight... Two of our finest champions will go head to head, unarmed, on a platform over a sea of lava.

Remalle, the eldest fighter in the arena. His is a long, scarred, and thoroughly bloody history.

Vs.

Voxnar, a mighty hammerman, his blows have crushed skulls and shattered ribs. Still, he is a much less experienced fighter than remalle.

Facing each other at an angle both gladiators salute one another grinning. Two addicts desperate for a fix, the precious thrill of living one more day. The thrill of having someone try and kill you, both fighters have had nothing but good trips so far... 'course with this drug, no one comes back after a bad one. Let the duel commence.

Remalle goes for a handhold, but only makes a marginal success by grabbing one of Vox's fingers. Voxnar strikes at Remalle's hand and arm in a attempt to break the hold, Remalle's gauntlet absorbs the first blow while his Dread mantle cushions much of the impact from the second. After a brief moment Voxnar breaks Remalle's hold but Remalle uses the added distance to strike a hard blow to Vox's chest knocking him towards the edge of the ring. 

Voxnar waits until Remalle is on top of him to doge to the side and lash out, Remalle dives to the side a split second before being made into fried dwarf. Remalle though is now caught between Voxnar and the hot place... Voxnar charges Remalle, the charge turns into a dive roll to avoid a kick from remalle, and the diveroll in turn becomes an ungainly plummet as Remalle strikes Voxnar square in the back as he dives past. Voxnar has time for a moment of surprise and a howl of pain before being engulfed head to toe in lava.

More startling though is that Remalle is consumed by bloodlust and is not letting him go at that, remalle strikes into the lava with his gauntlet clad hands, connecting more than a few blows to something just beneath the surface. Suddenly two nearly skeletal flaming limbs emerge from the magma attempting to pull Remalle in! Instead of doing what any sane person would have done and pull away Remalle charges the flaming arms. Allow me to repeat that, REMALLE JUST GODDAMN TACKLED HIS !!OPPONENT!! WHO WAS SUBMERGED IN LAVA!

After both fighters had vanished beneath the surface of the lake the details get sketchy.  Whether both Remalle and Voxnar screamed like a tantrum throwing 6 year old in the unspeakable pain of being immersed in lava, or if they continued to fight their battle beneath the surface despite such setbacks as having the flesh melted from their bodies is unknown. The facts however are that Remalle Survived long enough for him to be hauled out, and Voxnar died and burned to ash in the lava. A more stunning fight could not be asked for my friends...

Remalle, without reservation or doubt I will say that that was the most awesome fight in the history of this arena. After you update your gear I will award you the special title of "What? I'm sorry, but I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am." when/if you ever die your axe will be interred as a relic, and your body shall be made into the leader of the Dreadmarch until a greater warrior arises. (Not bloody likely.)

All further matches are canceled due to them being ridiculously anti-climactic. Don't worry, I'll make them up tomorrow.

Remalle you gain one Skill point and you get to pick one piece of the following gear,

1 Bronze War Hammer, 1 Iron War Hammer, 1 Iron Chainmail, Iron Helm, 2 Iron High Boots, 1 Iron Gauntlet (left),

Victor's combat log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 77