Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75038 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Draignean)
« Reply #360 on: February 03, 2011, 04:25:00 pm »

Vox:  I accept your challenge (missed it the first time round).  Tradition says as the challenged I get to set the weapons used for our duel; I say we fight with pikes.  The polearms, not the fish.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 03, 2011, 04:38:16 pm »

The polearms, not the fish.

Oh please, that would have been such fun. Anyway, Voxnar you get to chose where the battle will be held. Choices are standard, Danger(Lava), and Danger(Water). I'll pick the time.

Remember kiddies no written prayers may be squirreled away into your clothing, that is an immediate disqualification. (Really.)

Second match starting as soon as I edit the RAWs for people's names.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 03, 2011, 05:40:47 pm »

Alright, working through our backlog we have some classic Dwarf Vs. Elf Action.

Zefon Pickjammer, fresh out of the mines he hopes to dig precious victory from the bosom of his foes.

Vs.

#3207 (Aka. Random), A strange elf, strange because unlike his brethren which are busy toting their wood  ??? he wields a Shadowsteel longsword, a rare artifact.

Our pair faces off, Zefon is an experienced miner and knows the value of shadowsteel well... the greed in his eyes is obvious, tempered only slightly by caution. After all, it's just one little unarmored elf with a sword, how bad can it be? #3207 is impassive and seemingly catatonic, making no move to look at his surroundings. Hopefully he'll be a little more lively later.

In battle #3207 moves like a snake, dodging away from Zefon's first blow and slashing a streak of fleeting darkness across Zefon's left arm in the same motion. Zefon attacks again, but only succeeds in making #3207's next blow go a little wide as he parries. The pattern is set from there, #3207 whips forwards striking a mild blow and parries or dodges all of Zefon's attempts to hurt him. #3207 at last strikes a solid blow, severing Zefon's arm at the elbow. Arm and pick fall to the floor with a wet clang.

Zefon isn't one to give up and he quickly gets his teeth into the problem, #3207 attempts to finish him off but Zefon smashes him off balance with a bloody tackle. A second gained Zefon smashes his shield into #3207's legs, the blow is largely ineffective but it keeps the elf down. Zefon then brutally bites #3207 in the chest, going deep enough to bruise his lungs!

#3207 Manages to bash Zefon off of his chest before the grisly shewing goes too far, still the wounds have an effect on him. The sword blows that had once been sure and precise now falter slightly, or go just wide enough for Zefon to dodge back. Zefon Bashes #3207 in the foot with his shield, and #3207 thrusts his sword into Zefon's right foot. Zefon howls in agony but before he can strike back #3207 withdraws his blade and stabs him in his other foot. Bleeding severely Zefon falls to the ground both of his feet ruined, he still fights ansd as #3207 goes for the kill once again he blocks with his good arm and bashes back. #3207 parries deftly and stabs him in his good arm, twisting his blade vicously in the wound. Bloody and broken the resistance flees from Zefon's body, and with that resistance flees breath. He put up a good fight but the elf was just too handy with that sword.

Fine work Random, got a little dicey there for a minute but that's what makes it fun. Pick your reward and practice, you don't want #3208 to get activated do you?

Victor's Combat Log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 03, 2011, 06:05:09 pm »

Wow. I think that's my favorite fight so far. Most of the time these are one-sided curbstompings.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 03, 2011, 06:20:12 pm »

Can i fight in the next battle?
I wanna try my axe/hammer combination!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 03, 2011, 06:38:07 pm »

Wow. I think that's my favorite fight so far. Most of the time these are one-sided curbstompings.

I know...    :(   They are way easier to write too, "He beat the ever-loving shit out of him, and then again, and again, oh and look more beating!", is boring to read and boring to do.

Ragathgare getting his axe arm chopped off and then beating his opponent to death with his shield is still my favorite though.

Can i fight in the next battle?
I wanna try my axe/hammer combination!

After Remall Vs. Voxnar I can get you a spot, hopefully. If not tonight the definitely tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:40:25 pm by Draignean »
---

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 03, 2011, 06:46:18 pm »

Can connan get a spot for tomorows battles too?  ;)

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 03, 2011, 06:55:23 pm »

Connan scares me now...... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 03, 2011, 07:25:06 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( The question is where does he go after death? DANG LUCKY HEADSHOT! THAT IS TWO GUYS DEAD BECAUSE OF HITS TO THE HEAD! Whoa! I just rhymed.

Anyway, new dood.
Name: Powder Axedwarf
Race: Dwarf
Skills: 5 in axe.
Items: Bronze helm, iron axe, copper gauntlet (preferably on axe hand if possible), iron greaves, and iron breastplate.
Bio: Yet another gladiator coming from the unimaginably huge Powder gladiator school network, he hails from the Powder Dwarven Axe School. He's a cautious type, but he can still do some real work with that axe of his.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 03, 2011, 08:22:07 pm »

Sweet! What equipment did he have? I will however take another point into sword skill. Let me know what equipment he has, or what the amount his equipment can be converted into

Edit: After looking at his info I will go ahead and take his breastplate. so I should look like this

Name: Random Elf 3207
Skills: Swordsman 6
Items: Shadowsteel longsword, Iron breastplate
Bio: He begins to recall the shadow memories of a previous life. For now he remembers only battle and fire, but perhaps in time he will remember who he was supposed to be.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:29:41 pm by ricemastah »

Vox Nihili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 03, 2011, 10:35:20 pm »

Oh please, that would have been such fun. Anyway, Voxnar you get to chose where the battle will be held. Choices are standard, Danger(Lava), and Danger(Water). I'll pick the time.

Remember kiddies no written prayers may be squirreled away into your clothing, that is an immediate disqualification. (Really.)

Assuming Voxnar gets to use his normal gear, he'll gladly fight in the lava arena.  But he doesn't know how to do anything but hammer, hammer, hammer, so I have to politely decline the use of pikes at this junction.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 03, 2011, 10:54:32 pm »

Right, now we have an initiation match for Kzel the Reborn's succesor, Kzell the III. If Kzel can kill Skii we know that he isn't totally incompetent.

Kzel III, The Copper Can. Kzel the Reborn had wings, this one has full plate mail instead.

Vs.

Skii, Okay yeah we all know the gnome. This is the 4th iteration of said gnome and is not expected to be any more successful than previous iterations.

Well Kzel looks like his nickname in all that copper armor, the duller iron helm and greaves are a sharp contrast to the burnished copper. Skii is frothing at the mouth, his suicidal love of combat is typical of the Naki Clones. No one really expects the clone to do anything except die, the creator of the clones doesn't even expect them to survive. Still, Skii could be the one to break the chain.   

As expected the fight is incredibly one sided Kzel punches Skii in the face knocking teeth out of his skull, stunned and reeling from the force of the blow Skii never even feels the hammerblow that caves his brain in.

Well Kzel you performed to expectations, grab a piece of gear off of Skii and spend some time in the gym.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 03, 2011, 10:57:58 pm »

Assuming Voxnar gets to use his normal gear, he'll gladly fight in the lava arena.  But he doesn't know how to do anything but hammer, hammer, hammer, so I have to politely decline the use of pikes at this junction.

Hate to break it but you can't decline, those are the accords of a duel. I will provide the pikes though, the material is up to Remalle. (Default iron and You don't get to keep them. The Pikes will be removed immediately after the duel, and you can't claim them from your foe.)
---

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 03, 2011, 10:58:40 pm »

At least that one was amusingly one-sided, rather than the smash-your-torso-in-for-ten-minutes thing. Bravo.

EDIT: Also, does that mean I can challenge feelf to an axe fight? Cuz I'm in the market for a new helm, and that bronze calls out to me.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:01:53 pm by Tastysaurus Rex »
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 03, 2011, 11:04:41 pm »

At least that one was amusingly one-sided, rather than the smash-your-torso-in-for-ten-minutes thing. Bravo.

EDIT: Also, does that mean I can challenge feelf to an axe fight? Cuz I'm in the market for a new helm, and that bronze calls out to me.

No, the terms have to be equal. You can either fight with weapons of your own choice or select another weapon that neither party has skill in.

If neither side chooses to enact any of the Accords I just set it to a default arena fight, but apparently Remalle has some knowledge of dueling.

(Or they could not duel at all and just go with trial by fire. I.e, I dump both people in lava and whoever bleeds to death first loses.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:09:15 pm by Draignean »
---
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 77