Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 74891 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Draignean)
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2011, 05:39:35 pm »

Notice: All Fights suspended until my damn computer stops killing itself. (Maybe three hours.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2011, 05:40:51 pm »

Ouch...

Thats some bad news.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2011, 06:24:48 pm »

wait, I was in a fight before the new one? badass!
Item: Iron mail shirt
skill: +1 hammerdorfin'
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:32:07 pm by ggamer »

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2011, 09:02:36 pm »

Well that's the problem with the current version, nothing between iron and steel. With steel against iron, might as well not wear any armor at all. We're doomed :)
Damn. Well, lets look at it this way: the worst thing that can happen is that we all suffer a slow and painful death by stabbing!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2011, 10:04:02 pm »

Okay I'm Going to be pulling fights up pretty non stop now that my house isn't blacking out every ten minutes (Ice storm+Country+old powerlines= The power goes out if you sneeze too hard.) Now though we are going to do that assassination match... (Also Kincaid's knives have been downgraded to iron to give our champions some chance at this.)

Tonight in our altar of death we have,

Charzy Fireblood, the dwarf with a big temper and a bigger axe.

Ragathgare, the little gnome with a big spirit and a bruised heart.

Kzel, the "new guy" of the fight. Aka, The man with a pointy stick.

Vs.

Kincaid, not all there mercenary killer.

Kincaid has been outsourced into the arena to provide a bit more bloody action in our fights, what armor he wears is steel as opposed to our gladiator's iron making him a deadly foe. Kzel, Ragathgare, and Charzy aren't that impressed however, after all how bad can it be when you dress like michael jackson with one glove, no shirt, and a strange hat.

Fashion sense or no Kincaid is deadly with his daggers, his first blow is a vicious stab to Kzel's unprotected wrist causing him to lose hold of his pike! Kincaid is a whirlwind blocking incoming blows, the only thing that gets past his defence is a shield bash delivered by Charzy and that barely bruised him. Not daunted by being outnumbered Kincaid rams a dagger through Kzel's helm and into the base of his spine. Kzel drops like a sack of ripped grain, shield falling from his unbloodied hand. He yet lives, but only a quick victory by his companions can save him...

Kincaid however isn't about to let that happen, and he slams his dagger through Kzel's skull. Whirling he focuses his attacks on Ragathgare, cutting off his arm, excising one of his teeth, then cutting off one of his hands, and a foot. There is only so much blood in the little gnome's body, and soon most of it is in pool around him... and so mutilated beyond recognition he dies. Charzy Fireblood charges, and kincaid kills him with a fast stab to the base of the spine followed by a lightning jab through one eye socket. Charzy didn't even have time to hit the ground before he died.

Well Kincaid has won, and I think He has proven that the next challengers need to have a wee bit more experience before taking him on. Rest well fallen heroes, may your sleep be untroubled. (That is until I decide to get your mouldy bones up and fighting again.)

Kincaids Combat Log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:19:17 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2011, 11:33:41 pm »

Alright Moving on to our next battle, separating the chaff from the wheat as it were. (Really, whoever spilled missile decoys in my Tast-E-Wheat is gonna bleed.)

Also kipi you added one too many SP to your character so I reduced you armor using by one to make it fit.

Powder Maceman, incoherently screaming humanoid with a pair of sticks.

Vs.

Kipi, Axe wielding dwarven generalist.   

Powder is slavering in his corner, yelling horrible things about blood, cheescake, acorns, and kittens... It almost damages my sanity to hear it. kipi seems to be taking it well however and merely chimes when the conversation cycles back around to kittens.

Powder's strategy seems to consist of an all-out offensive backed by... an all-out offensive. Screaming at the top of his lungs his first blow splinters the bone in Kipi's right forearm, from there Powder repeatedly smashes his flails against his opponents helmet. Kipi doesn't seem to be suffering much in the way of open damage from the blows but he has been knocked to the floor by the sheer ferocity of powder's onslaught.

Fuck me... and I thought Gaaben working woody Alan over was vicious... this is just sad. Powder's flails make a nonstop barrage against all of Kipi's exposed tissue, both of Kipi's legs are mush from the ankles down, as are both of his arms from the shoulders out. After that though Powder's flails seem non-fatal to an almost silly degree. The only thing hurting powder Maceman at the moment is exhaustion...

At long LOONG last (I have 56 Pages of Combat logs) Kipi has bled to death, I can only imagine his feeling of relief... Powder, you and wraith need to team up, you'd be a great couple.

(Yeah those white things are teeth that got bashed out of Kipi's mouth.)

Powder, grab your stuff then grab a shower... you smell like a butchers shop served with a side of sweat and vomit.

Powder's Combat log (Note: This is a greatest hits, not the complete log.)

---

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2011, 11:35:27 pm »

Put the Gnome in!!! This time not against an Elf that can hit him 4 times to his one...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2011, 02:00:40 am »

Put the Gnome in!!! This time not against an Elf that can hit him 4 times to his one...

Give it time, I'll slide you in tomorrow. This is more time consuming than it looks.

And now for something completely the same, someone killing somebody else. (As an aside, you can't wear two sets of greaves. It's like wearing two pairs of pants, greaves are automatically plural.)

For this round we have,

Jmod, a stabby dwarf.

Vs.

Lamuril Leafguy, a hammering elf.

Dwarves and elves, elves and dwarves... The eternal question: why haven't all the damn tree huggers been burnt off in a magma flow until only the tolerable ones remain. This fight is to prove whether lamuril is one of the tolerable ones, or if he's just a glorified tree-hugger.

At first the dance of battle is bloodless, both fighters are good at what they do and the back and forth of dodge and strike for is the only action for a while. Then Jmod gets a lucky shot into Lamuril's foot and things go south from there, lamuril returns with a hammer strike to Jmods shield arm. Luckily for Jmod the blow doesn't get a good angle and only bruises the fat, Jmod however literally stabs Lamuril's hand off.

The fight lasts a little longer, but Lamuril is already dead... He just doesn't know it yet. After Jmod Stabs his other hand off though Lamuril decides to call it quits and dies, spraying blood out of his wrists.

Congratulations Jmod, you have culled another from a race overpopulated with pansies. Choose your prize, and prepare yourself for what is to come.

Jmod's Combat Records

« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:04:44 am by Draignean »
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2011, 02:35:03 am »

Now our third fight of the night...

Callahan, the human with the dual Crossbows on the left

Vs.

Ispil, the human slavedriver with the lash on the right

As our fighters face off Callahan seems to be having some trouble trying to load his crossbow while dual wielding, much to the amusement of Ispil. Eventually Callahan gives up and ditches his offhand Crossbow, as the spare crossbow hits the floor its string snaps forward firing a bolt that whizzes barely a foot to the side of ispil.

Callahan's next two bolts strike home though, the first drives into Ispil's leg and the next takes him in the hand forcing him to drop his shield. The distance has been closed though, and callahan hasn't hit anything vital. Ispil's lash twitches like a snake, this could get interesting...

Ispil's lash flickers out seeking flesh, and Callahan dives to the side giving him precious time to loose one more bolt at point blank range. The splatter is really quite impressive as the arrow makes a sound like a spear going through an armor plated pumpkin as it drives through Ispil's helm, then his skull and on into his brain, killing him instantly.

Good job Harry, go get some coffee or something.

Victor's Combat log

---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2011, 03:04:44 am »

Alright our fourth and final fight,

Mogg, The goblin shield fighter (Read as "hideous coward")

Vs.

Elfy McElferson, crazy woodland wrestler

Bother of our fighters in the arena today seem to disdain weaponry, while mogg is trained to use his shields as bludgeons they are still first and foremost, shields. Elfy on the other hand is a crazy crazy fellow wearing only scraps of assorted clothing, this odd pair should make for a well matched fight.

They charge at one another screaming defiance and crash together, mogg bashes away with he shields Elfy hammers away with his fists. Mogg keeps it defensive but he still manages to do fairly well for himself despite his growing number of bruises. He gains an upper hand though when he manages to break one of Elfy's ribs with and edge strike from his shield.

Mogg's advantage is clear as the battle progresses, he whittles away at elfy looking for a solid strike. Then opportunity presents itself and he lands a kick to elfy's mouth knocking a tooth right out of his, Mogg follows up with a brutal shield bash that leaves a crater Elfy's head. Ouch.

Well done Mogg, if you see anything worth looting off Elfy's corpse take it, otherwise you can have this lovely iron gauntlet. Train up, you're no fun to kill if you don't put up a fight.

Victor's combat Log, Final frame (The other 30 pages of block and dodge really aren't very entertaining.)
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2011, 09:39:05 am »

I repeat: HEAVY ARMOR FLAIL SMASSHHHEEERRRR XD
 :o Owch. I'll be saying that a lot in this thread.
I'll take another point in Maceman.
I can use nothing that he has D:
Please match me against Mogg next time so I can steal his gauntlet.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:42:53 am by Powder Miner »

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2011, 10:55:30 am »

Alas! Parting is such sweet sorrow!

Name: Pantsless Joe
Race: Human
Skill Choices: Wrestler (4), Fighter (1)
Items choosen: iron helm, 2x gauntlets, 2x high boots
Bio: Keep in mind he's not wearing pants while he's wrestling you...

I don't expect him to live that long  :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2011, 03:30:42 pm »

Okay, since it's my job to match the fights up to our gladiators I screwed up with the kincaid match. Little poky knives were stunningly brutal and you guys were stunningly dead before I could reconsider. So at great personal expense I will reincarnate* the characters who died in the Kincaid match if you ask me.

*They will not be coming back as their original species. ;D (Or any of the mundane species for that matter, you'll be able to grasp that's all I'll promise.)

Today we have three matches,

First up,

Pantsless Joe Vs. Voxnar

Then we have a special 3 Vs. 5 match. In this match the Galdiators will be fighting a Serpent man ambush team consisting of 3 Blowgunners and 2 spearmen, I will allot 3 skill points and 3 pieces of iron gear to each member of the ambush team. The Victors of the match will receive double skill points, and a bar of pig iron. (Just keep track that you have that, it won't actually help you in a fight.)

Kzel      \
 Callahan = The Ssserpentsss
 Gaaben  /

Then to finish our day we'll have,

Zog Vs. Tempest
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:53:00 pm by Draignean »
---

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2011, 04:09:25 pm »

+ one spear user and his shield ^_^

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2011, 04:12:23 pm »

Could I get +1 axeskill for my dwarf, connan, from the arena battle with the lions?
Also, can I be fighting next round?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 77