Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 74877 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Draignean)
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2011, 11:48:00 am »

Okay, sick as a dog in the outside world so we are only going to have 3 fights today, two standard and one dangerzone match.

First fight up today is

Wraith Vs. Naki

Second fight shall be

Woody Alan Vs. Gaaben

And the Dangerzone match is,

Powder Miner Vs. Dangur McZown

(I apologize for my lack of flash and unrelated tangential commentary in this post.)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:02:25 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2011, 11:54:01 am »

just for kicks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Bobinater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2011, 05:48:08 pm »

I wish to submit a new candidate

Name: dominatrix 
Race: Human Female
Skills: 5 Lasher
Items: Iron Scourge, Iron Shield, Iron Helm, Iron Breastplate, Iron Greaves

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2011, 06:31:57 pm »

Well now that the arena master has gotten over his bout of seafood (It's like playing russian roulette for a landlocked state) we are ready to begin...

Our first matchup is an interesting pair... Lot of whips, lot of very artful chainmail. Personally though I'm rooting for the elf, I think I'd rather be worked over by a she elf with a whip than a he gnome with a scourge...

Wraith, The Dominatrix Elf

Vs.

Naki, The Impatient Gnome

Well I think Naki is impressed by our lovely elvish vixen here you can practically see his eyes bugging out of his head... Bot Naki and Wraith run towards each other at top speed leaving only a few precious yards between them and their frenzied whips.

"Sticks and stones
may break my bones
but whips and chain excite me.."

The fight is looking pretty brutal from here my friends. Naki managed to snake in a quick shot at her thigh, -I honestly can't tell whether she liked it or it enraged her, both expressions look about the same on her- wraith isn't playing though and she moves her whip like a striking viper, first to his stomach then to his chest and back again. Stunned, leaking blood from several small wounds Naki collapses for a brief moment and wraith shatters his spine with a lightning whip crack.  She really is quite fetching... from a distance.

Wow... Wraith clearly has the upper hand in this fight, her whip is a streak of fleeting silver dipping quickly into Naki's body and out again leaving only a trail of scarlet droplets. Her whip is Naki's constant companion as he desperately crawls, trying to get of reach of the shining line that sets fire in his flesh and bone, his crawling though only serves to spread the pool of his own blood that seeps inexorably from him. The beautiful Wraith is a vision of the Elves has they should have been, laughing, carrying a whip, and covered in blood.

It would seem that the fight has ended for poor Naki, choking on blood and lying in a puddle of his own bile he finally suffocates. Wraith seems almost sad that her foe has stopped moving, she had so little time with him. Still, I'm sure he thought about her for the rest of his life.

A most excellent fight my dear wraith, one of the best in history of this arena. Take your prize and chose your skill, we hope to see more of you again soon.

Victor's Combat Log
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:33:30 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2011, 06:41:15 pm »

If there aren't any candidates other than danger McZown ready to fight in the danger zone match I'll set callahan in just to get it moving. (If anyone has a better name for it feel free to suggest. I was going to borrow from dilbert and have it be a battle in the pit of fire breathing lizards but the dragons didn't work right  :'( )

Stay tuned, we may manged to squeeze in a special late night event.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2011, 06:51:11 pm »

I hope powder Swordsman gets to make people eat some freaking epic-awesome two-handed sword. Of doom. Soon. And if The other guy is a beginner too, I volunteer mah dood.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:53:14 pm by Powder Miner »

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2011, 07:01:17 pm »

Oh crap, this is going! Draignean has earned my eternal long-term present-day worship!

Since I get a skill point for doing fuckall to those lions, I'll put one in Fighting. Hopefully before Gaaben kills my poor elf.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2011, 07:49:48 pm »

Since I get a skill point for doing fuckall to those lions, I'll put one in Fighting. Hopefully before Gaaben kills my poor elf.

Excellent, I hope that Gaabens owner shows up and claims his skill point before I start the fight. If not I'll be defaulting the point he earned into fighting.

Now however Is time for our DangerZone match...

Powder Miner, showing he's no powder puff is the human on the left with the BIG sword.

Vs.

Dangur Mczown, getting his first big break and hoping to give his foe an even bigger one, he's the human on the right using the axe.

Our two fighter are just starting out in the arena, both are aware of the increased danger afforded by the inhospitable terrain but both stand their ground. Lava, water, or frozen sludge they both know it doesn't change the facts... two shall rise to the challenge, one shall rise to the reward, and one shall fall into the embrace of the earth. The hot, flaming, extraordinarily painful earth.

Miner and Dangur charge at one another Iron bared and flashing in the glow of the lava, Miner quickly takes the offensive slashing at Dangur's lower legs and body. For a moment Dangur is hard pressed by Miner's storm of blows, but he uses his armor with the alacrity of a desperate man and manages to escape harm. Knowing his opponent is a far more experienced warrior Dangur stakes it all on a single desperate charge forward, iron flashes, blood fills the air, and for a moment nothing is clear.

The red haze clears and Dangur is revealed, standing to the side of Miner. Or rather standing to the side of Miner's headless body, as Powder Miner's body topples the last visible bit of head drops beneath the burning sea. Dangur has gambled with his life, and he has won. Somewhere in the distance a disembodied voice whispers "Fatality" and all is quiet.

Congratulations Dangur! Your exemplary conduct in the arena is an inspiration to us all. Choose your well earned reward and hone your skills, you have a world of work ahead of you.

Victor's Combat Log (The entire half page of it  ;D )

---

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2011, 08:22:23 pm »

put my skill point into hammerdorfing

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2011, 08:23:42 pm »

Crap. Powder Swordsman died. Oh well. Here comes a new guy.
Powder Maceman, to knock the everloving crap out of you enemy people.
Name: Powder Maceman
Race: Human
Skills: 5 Maceman
Items: Iron Flail (x2), Iron Breastplate, Iron Greaves, Iron Helm.
Summary: HEAVY ARMOR FLAIL SMASHAR!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:03:13 pm by Powder Miner »

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2011, 08:42:00 pm »

Dual wielding? I'm so trying that next time.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2011, 10:06:38 pm »

I don't think Leafguy has fought yet, but he'd be more then happy to slaughter/be slaughtered in any upcoming events

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2011, 10:33:28 pm »

Alright we have a special match, two of our more experienced fighters (I.e They didn't die immediately upon seeing their first foe.)

Gaaben, Veteran of the Dreadmarch, and bearer of one of the three DreadMantles.

Vs.

Woody Alan, Slayer of WakkaWakka, Lionsbane, and bearer of one of the three Lion Capes.

As the Heroes once again enter the Arena there is not a feeling of dread, quite the reverse, the air is charged with elation. This is not about the inevitability of death, this is not about the certainty of their demise... This is a celebration of life, beautiful, short, and oft times bloody life. As such the expressions are not the twisted snarls born of fear that adorn the faces of younger, less scarred combatants. This is their drug, their addiction and as such they bear almost suicidal grins as they face one another.

Both fighters crash together and they lock in bloodless combat, both sides are fairly evenly matched and woody gets the first strike in by stomping on Gaaben's foot bruising it. Gaaben however takes the opportunity to land a solid strike against Woody's axe arm, shattering the bones. Incredible pain and compromised limbs seem to have debilitated Woody Alan, and as Gaaben shatters his foot with a well aimed swing he lapses into unconsciousness.

Gaaben's method is effective and methodical, starting at the feet and working his way up he begins systematically breaking every bone in woody's body. In minutes woody is a mass of shattered bones and vomit, Gaaben though is a cold soul and instead of caving Woody's head in he merely continues bashing his bones out through his skin. Eventually and mercifully Woody Alan succumbs to massive internal bleeding.

Congratulations Gaaben! You have defeated your peer in a battle to the death, take your rewards and wear them with pride.

Victor's Combat Record

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:57:42 pm by Draignean »
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2011, 10:55:47 pm »

That's it for tonight, Tomorrow I'll work on getting some extra matches up for the new people and the ones that got lost in the system for a while, also there will be a three-on-one fight -in favor of the gladiators for once- for the chance to get some bronze armor.
---

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2011, 11:18:20 pm »

Damn that sucked, though the Elves QUICK ATTACK SPEED kinda overwhelmed the Gnome...

Cause I like to be difficult.
ANOTHER GNOME (same stats) His name shall be Vii
He is the Clone of the first one, there are 198 remaining...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 77