Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Favorite Game Quotes  (Read 21419 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Game Quotes
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2011, 11:15:05 pm »

Hmph. Don't approve of a fellow who can't drink and do business myself. It's easy to be trustworthy sober, you need people who're trustworthy when they are drunk. When I was with the Diplomatic Office, we used to make every new recruit down a litre of whisky. We lost three men, ahaha. Ah, I'm just joking of course. They were all resuscitated. Fine thing, modern medicine, very fine thing.

-- Black Market
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 12:26:35 am »

Every line from JC Denton is Dues Ex.
Edit: Especially 'Suuuurrrrreeee'
Hello Hunam

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 01:02:39 am »

I like pretty much everything in Homeworld (& HW2) said by the Intelligence Officer. Some really epic memories, especially from the first one. The entire "Karak is burning" was well spoken by the voice actor. Great balance of military bearing and tightly controlled emotions.

I'm also a sucker for all the Dawn of War quotes. For instance, exiting the game: "Cowards Die in Shame." The whole feel and obvious strength of the lore for that series got me into reading the books for the universe. Loving it so far. The ridiculous religious zeal coupled with badass genhanced warriors is fun. Oh, and I love everything about the Orks. Hilarious cockney killers. Hilarious quotes.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 01:43:14 am »

"Malek was the original Meatbag, master."
"Condescending response: Oh no, master!"
-HK 47, KOTOR

War, war never changes.
-Every Fallout

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.
Sister Miriam Godwinson, "We must Dissent"
-Late game special project in Alpha Centuri. By that point of the game you're people were basically mindless drones and craziest group in the beginning was the only one that seemed sane anymore.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2011, 03:06:17 am »

"DO A BARREL ROLL!" - Peppy (Sorry, had to be done)

"I'm no match for you. I admit defeat. IF THIS DOSE NOT WORK!" - Asteroid level boss in Starfox 64 as he turns his ship around to reveal his ultimate weapon/final weakpoinnt.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2011, 03:29:42 am »

"Welcome to Camp Navarro. So, you're the new replacement- You are out of uniform, soldier! Where is you're power armor!?!"

"Uh... I wasn't issued any armor."

"Don't have any? You expect me to believe that, maggot!?! The truth is you lost an expensive piece of army-issue equipment. That suit is going to come out of you're pay, and you will remain in this man's army until you are 510 years old, which is the number of years it will take for you to pay for a Mark II Powered Combat Armor you have lost! Report to the Armory and have a new suit issued to you, then report back to me, private! Dismissed!"

"Yes, Sergeant!"

-Sergeant Dornan and The Chosen One in Fallout 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjSnjKheGHg
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2011, 06:01:17 am »

"meatbag" and every other line of dialogue emitted from the assassin droid in Sotor 1

"All your base are belong to us"
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2011, 08:13:36 am »

Pretty much all unit quotes from Red Alert 2 would qualify.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2011, 09:32:34 am »

"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri rock. I need scissors! 61!" - Colonel Campbell, MGS2

"Would you kindly?" - Atlas, Bioshock

"It's mind over matter, baby. I don't mind, and you...don't matter." - Johnny Ohm, Marvel: Rise of the Imperfects

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2011, 09:38:27 am »

"All worlds begin in darkness. And all so end. The heart is no different.
Darkness sprouts within it, it grows, consumes it. Such is its nature.
In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came."
- "Ansem", Kingdom Hearts
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2011, 10:13:45 am »

"Eek eek eeEEEEEK!" - Lab Monkey, System Shock 2

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2011, 01:27:56 pm »

Thanks for watching! We would like to remind you that unless you're watching from home... (intimidating serious voice)you have 15 minutes to return to your assigned dwellings before government mandated curfews are in effect. (normal) GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY!

HEYOOOH!

Hey, if the rumors were true?  Would we still be able to sell it?

Skill Pills!  We know the pills are huge! We're working on it! Stop calling me, it isn't even my company!

Hey your mother called, she told me to tell you to buy some skills! HEYOOH!    ...Seriously she called me, how did she get my number?

Oh sure don't listen to me when I tell you to buy some skills, what do I know, I've only been calling this sport for THREE DECADES!

Hey! It's Bullseye! The lovable Monday Night Combat mascot!  ...Kill Him.  KILL HIM NOW!

And the Icemen win!  Which is bad news for their fans, who are outnumbered three to one by the Hotshots Combat Hooligans in the parking lot.  Lets go live to that action!

-Monday Night Combat Announcer.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2011, 02:46:40 pm »

*Gears and devices activating* *female voice emanates from the mech's console*

"Reactor online, sensors online, weapons online. All systems nominal"

-Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:48:44 pm by Itnetlolor »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2011, 03:21:09 pm »

"Mech power up detected."
"Missile launch detected."
"Critical hit. Critical hit. Critical hit."

Mechwarrior 3's computer voice.

"Beautiful."
Cpt. Price, COD:MW

"This hurts you."
Harbringer, Mass Effect 2

Sorry, there are TOO many...But:
Many quotes from X2, X3 and X3:TC computer voice (Betty), that I can't remember.
And many quotes from Fallout 2, 3 and New Vegas that I found awesome but can't remember either.
There's some on Chrono Cross (especially it's ending) that are great..
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14