Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Fiercecrystal - Blood in the Snow and the Unstable Glacier! (Community)  (Read 6537 times)

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile

A long time ago, in a mountainhome far far away...

"Cheesemaker! Halt!" The Queen shouted to a passerby dwarf.
"But Ma'am, Im a mechan-"
"SILENCE! Bring me seven random dwarves."
"Why?"
"No of your buisness. Now HURRY UP!"

10 minutes later...

"I selected your dwarves Ma'am" The mechanic told the queen
"Very good, now be off!" She replied
"Fine dwarves, I have hand picked you to go and establish a new colony far to the north. I hope you all like the cold, because this colony will be established on a glacier filled with rotten creatures."
A dwarf stood out from the pack
"Why must we go?" He asked
"Our population is to big, so we need to send these dwarves far away so they wont bo-...I mean because I love you all, heres a map and BE OFF!"

"Before you leave, I have already named the place, Fiercecrystral, NOW GO!" The queen said before all the dwarves walked out of sight.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you are one of the starting seven to ask, you will have to fill in the extremly complicated sheet...

Code: [Select]
Name:
Skills:
Suggested starting Items:
Short Bio: (Optional)

You may request any dwarf at any time, but expect him or her to either die from the cold or get eaten by a zombie yeti...
Standard community game rules apply here, but I will try my very bestest to follow any suggestion you set out for me to do!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FierceCrystal stats:
Total Population: 15
Alive Population: 15
Dead Population: 0
Ambushes/Thiefs: 0
Seiges: 0
Births: 0
Epic Things that have happened: 1

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler: People to be dorfed (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:07:01 am by MrNuke »
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiercecrystal - Blood in the Snow (Community)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 04:45:13 am »

Going to make myself a Dorf...Obviously....

Name: MrNuke
Skills: Proficient Miner
Suggested Starting items: Logs, Copper pick, BOOZE!
Bio: One of the "lucky" expidition team members that was sent out to the glacier. Likes telling other dwarves what to do all the time!
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 05:06:14 am »

Dorf me.

Name: Tomease
Skills: Mason/Mechanic/MANLYDWARF
Suggested starting Items: Booze, anvil, bituminous coal, BEAR HEARTS.
Short Bio: AN OVER-THE-TOP MANLYDWARF WHO SPEAKS IN ALL-CAPS! LIKES DOING MANLY THINGS LIKE LIFTING ROCKS AND EATING BEAR HEARTS!
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 05:23:25 am »

Name: Di (Demetra if female)
Skills: proficient grower, some points in cooking
Items: logs for beds
Bio: Likes working on farm, likes cooking. Believes that nothing is problem when you still have some plump helmets left.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 05:45:11 am »

Ok, first 3 people have been dorfed, 4 MORE SLOTS LEFT!!!

Evil glaciers are MY FAVOURITE embarks. May I be a part of this?

Name: Zephyr Hound
Skills: 5 Axedwarf/3 Dodger/2 Shield User
Suggested starting Items: Copper axe, wood or leather shield
Short Bio: (Optional): [LIKES_FIGHTING]

Male or female doesn't matter. Use me to start your military. I will defend the puny civilians against the zombie yetis! (Or get eaten in the process, either works for me)

SORRRYYYYY! I MEANT FIRST FOUR THE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE TIME! ... :p
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:47:04 am by MrNuke »

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 05:45:44 am »

Evil glaciers are MY FAVOURITE embarks. May I be a part of this?

Name: Zephyr Hound
Skills: 5 Axedwarf/3 Dodger/2 Shield User
Suggested starting Items: Copper axe, wood or leather shield
Short Bio: (Optional): [LIKES_FIGHTING]

Male or female doesn't matter. Use me to start your military. I will defend the puny civilians against the zombie yetis! (Or get eaten in the process, either works for me)
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 07:27:47 am »

I would like to start now, but I need more people to sign up for the starting seven!

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 08:23:21 am »

Name: Teddles
Skills: Swordsdwarf 5/ Shield and Armour 2/ Weaponsmithing 1
Items: Booze and anvil, sword if you can afford it
Bio: Likes to make his own weapons, wants to make a legendary sword (via a mood)

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 08:19:18 pm »

Name:Zenrai (Male Please, If possible.) Otherwise Do "Lucey" As the name
Custum Perfession Name: Red Stone
Skills:Axe Dwarf (two points) Engraver: (3 points)
Suggested starting Items:Axe (Any type), BOOZE.
Short Bio: Born in a cold plane he decided to fall under the leader ship of a queen and was shortly recruited into the millitary, He gained skills with an axe and found his pasion, Engraveing dead goblins dead dwarf, Dead anything into the walls, While he has yet to kill an actual enemy he joined the expidition in hope of finaly outgrowing his "Recruit" title and becomeign a full fledged warrior... So he can place the blood of his enemys on his masterpieces.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:36:36 pm by Javarock »
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 08:23:28 pm »

Dwarf me
Name:DevilEd
Skills:Mason(2 points)
Suggested starting Items:Food and booze
Bio:Easily paranoid, dosen't understand why we were sent here.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:26:32 pm by Deviled »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 09:24:23 pm »

Name: Urist McBookworm (or better yet, the dwarven translation of "bookworm")
Skills: Bookkeeper, any scholarly skills you think will be useful/have spare points for, whatever skill his training weapon is (optional).
Suggested starting item: Training weapon (optional)
Bio: Wants to study [insert megabeast species present in your world), but has resigned himself to studying undead instead. Has realised that this is a potentially dangerous line of work, and so has/wants to learn some self-defense skills. If the undead are not currently being very conductive to study (e.g. being killed instantly by military, attacking, rotting to death), he will volunteer for the militia.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 12:39:42 am »

Sorry GreatWrymGod, but you are the eigth person to be dorfed, you are fist on the immigrant list.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The seven dwarves were packing there stuff into the wagon. Even though this place was completly isolated, no goblins, no humans, no elves, they were still secretly scared. DevilEd turned towards Tomease. "Do you know why we were sent to the north?" DevilEd asked
"TO SHOW THAT WE ARE THE GREATEST OF ALL THE CREATURES ON THIS PUNY PLANET!!" Tomease replied
"I dont think thats the reason..."
"YOUR JUST A BIG SISSY! THIS TEAM NEEDS LESS SISSYS!!"
Zephyr Hound turned towards them
"Shut up, Tomease, you cant even wield a bloody weapon, much less be a real man."
The arguement stopped there and soon, they were off.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have not started yet, so let me know if there is anything that you feel needs changing. PS: There are no animals

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 12:41:56 am by MrNuke »

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 01:32:42 am »

Looks good to me, I take it my dwarf gets a Copper Battle Axe :D?
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 01:51:54 am »

Looks good to me, I take it my dwarf gets a Copper Battle Axe :D?

Yes he does, Im gona start the game now...sorry people who wanted to bring animals, im sure a camel will arrive with the wagon!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You have arrived. After a Journey from the mountainhomes into the forbidding wilderness beyond, your harsh trek has finally ended. Your party of seven is to make an outpost for the glory of all Stizashzuglar. There are almost no supplies left, but with stout labour comes sustanance. Whether bolt, plow or hook provide for your dwarves. You are excpecting a supply caravan just before Winter entombs you, but it is Spring now. Enough time to delve secure lodgings, ere the wolves get hungry. A new chapter of dwarven history begins at this place. Zikelzas, Fiercecrystals. Strike the Earth!

"Was that speach really required?" Demetra told MrNuke
"What do you want from me!? Its bloody freezing freezing out here!" He replied
"Well I think this is the spot anywa-WHAT THE CARP?" She couldnt finish her sentance, and entire section of ice just dropped to the ground in an array of patterns.
"Someone, draw a map!" MrNuke shouted

Spoiler: Large Image (click to show/hide)

The rest of the group could feel another large collapse, but this one was deep underground.
"EVERYONE! THIS PLACE IS CURSED! GET UNDEGROUND!" Lucey started shouting
"May Armok help us." She said shortly after

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have no Idea what has happend, but a section of ice just fell four Z-levels. I have no idea what is going on here! Plus, a lot of mud was caused by that cave in! No caverns for now...

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 02:21:14 am by MrNuke »

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 02:20:51 am »

I have a note, My dwarf has alway desired a pet, Whom would join him in combat.
Pages: [1] 2 3