Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fiercecrystal - Blood in the Snow and the Unstable Glacier! (Community)  (Read 6534 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Fiercecrystal - Blood in the Snow (Community)
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 02:24:18 am »

Apparently, the glacier is melting? 0_o
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 02:25:04 am »

This should be

FUN
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 02:25:41 am »

This should be

FUN

I need to do something EPIC here!
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 03:03:41 am »

MrNuke spotted the first yeti while digging a staircase. Luckily, it cant get to us at all.

Some of the other dwarves almost spotted him laughing at the hairy ape, but he was back to digging before anyone knew it.
Then, all of a sudden
"I am your new boss! You will take orders from me!" DevilEd shouted
None of the other dwarves took any interest in this random promotion. As long as it stops her from being a paranoid nutsack, then everyones happy.

It took a month of hard work, but all the resources are now safe and 2 dormitorys have been dug out. Although Demetra is getting rather mad that snow is not a fertile ground to farm things on.

Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 04:43:48 am »

Unstable glacier? Even more awesome!
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 05:53:17 am »

Ummmm...entrance, please? xP
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 07:48:57 pm »

Ummmm...entrance, please? xP

The 3X3 Stair way down?, But yeah pictures of the inside would be much appreiciated.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 08:23:44 pm »

Why is it I'm always a girl in these games.

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 08:57:03 pm »

If a completely unforeseen earthquake is the first thing that happened here, I can't wait to see what happens next.
Dorf me!
Name: Rentorian
Skills: Give me a battle axe and put me in the military!  But a mason works too.
Short Bio: Fascinated by undead creatures, mainly wonders how small you can chop them up and have them keep moving, very exuberant and loud.
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 12:27:16 am »

Tomease was shouting at everyone.
"DRAW MAPS OF EVERYTHING!!!"
Not many people knew what the point of this was, but the dwarves started to draw maps just to keep him quiet.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A meeting was being held in one of the dorms.
"We need to get to the caverns for food! Our supplies will not last forever" DevilEd said
"I would like to go down, but arent there dangerous monsters down there?" Demetra replied
"Dont you see our BIG AXES OF DEATH! We can protect you while we wall off the cavern!" Lucey said
"Well I see how that works then, too the caverns then?" Demtra said
All at once, the group said...TO THE CAVERNS!

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiercecrystal - Blood in the Snow and the Unstable Glacier! (Community)
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 12:45:43 am »

Meat was running rather low. And since butchering the Llama that came with them was not a good idea, Tomease came up with the idea of slaughtering and eating those ice wolves by the front wall.

Demetra was given the wonderful job of slaughtering and tanning the corpses. So, brave warriors of FierceCrystal, Break down those walls and ATTAAAAAAAAAACK!

Zephyr, Lucey and Teddles gave themselves the name of, The oily fields. Sounds pretty badarse to them.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well thats a real shame, the wolves are caught in the Glacier.

Zephyr was really mad at this, bit he just grumbled it away and went back into the dorms

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 01:08:00 am »

Now becoming rather scared about the meat stocks, the crew of The Oily Fields decide to go and slaughter the Blizzard man outside!
CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!

Zephyr goes to the front of the squad, and starts swinging his axe around! He chops of the blizzard mans finger!
The blizzard man runs away, but the squad chase after him and...

Zephyr defeats this beast with a single swing!
It seems that demetra doesnt want to butcher the beast though...

Edit: After this, the squad killed 2 Blizzard men, 2 Yeti, and 9 Ice wolves. Demetra not butchering anything though...Oh, and Z - level -60 and still no cavern. The map ends at -108
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:14:40 am by MrNuke »

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 04:39:38 am »

Woohoo! I rock!

Put a refuse stockpile next to the butcher's shop and set Gather Refuse from Outside so they bring the gibs over. If that doesn't work, or if you've done it already, I dunno. :|

Ice Wolf steaks would be delicious though.
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2011, 05:58:00 am »

Try digging in another place, maybe you missed it. You've got only one cavern, right?
Anyways, I always liked old cave-in method of melting ice.
And yes, probably you should set 'collect refuse from outside' in work orders.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 07:43:58 am »

We have extremely grave news. While on a killing spree, Zephyr got his skull smashed in by a Yeti. He is not dead, but in extreme pain. We have no materials to heal him, so all the other dwarves can just hope he pulls through this.

Good news however, MIGRANTS! Bringing our population from 7 to 15! Back to bad news, STILL NO BLOODY CAVERNS! Back to Good news, YETI MEAT IS YUM YUM IN MY TUM TUM!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:46:04 am by MrNuke »
Pages: 1 [2] 3