Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Generation: All the civs, and high savagery/forgotten beasts  (Read 1028 times)

maxs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys, I've done some searching in the wiki and on these forums but I can't seem to find a newbie-friendly answer.

What is the best balance to strike in advanced world generation (without going into text files) to guarantee large number of titans but still retain all the civs without wiping them out? I believe the age of the world also has a role to play?

Firehawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Generation: All the civs, and high savagery/forgotten beasts
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 07:07:57 pm »

The easiest solution would be to stop your World History at like year 50 or so. This would guarantee that there would be little time for many civs to get killed off as well as megabeasts, titans, etc.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 01:35:46 am »

The easiest solution would be to stop your World History at like year 50 or so. This would guarantee that there would be little time for many civs to get killed off as well as megabeasts, titans, etc.

Oh, I didn't know that. And there I was making worlds with 200+ years of history. Well then, megabeasts, here I come!

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 04:24:53 am »

The disadvantage would be that your dragons will only be 50 years old.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 05:13:44 am »

You can tweak megabeast's growth rate.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

maxs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 09:41:53 pm »

Thanks for the help......... won't limiting the age of the world to 50 also stop the civilizations from expanding and becoming powerful enough to siege etc?

Also I ran 1050 years of history and I've had one dragon but he seemed tiny only 4000 weight or so.. I read that they should grow to around 10,000,000?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 09:44:07 pm »

Currently siegers are randomly drawn from a hat of never-ending entities, so a 1 hamlet human civ can lay full-blast sieges on a yearly basis indefinately. Same goes for goblins, kobolds and elves.