Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: i cant assign a water source  (Read 1135 times)

Lex Talionias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: i cant assign a water source
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 12:45:19 am »

screw pump leading to a completely constructed (not smoothed) reservoir. makes the water drinkable, not sure how though and i wouldn't be suprised if we see a proper water purifier machine added in later. for now though that is the way to get safe water.
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

undead whales will seriously delay your megaproject.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 12:57:20 am »

screw pump leading to a completely constructed (not smoothed) reservoir. makes the water drinkable, not sure how though and i wouldn't be suprised if we see a proper water purifier machine added in later. for now though that is the way to get safe water.
Yes.  So long as you have ANY water, you'll be fine, thanks to the magic of dwarven desalination.

I think it works because water is judged to be "salty" or "fresh" by what biome it's in.  If the pool is not touching the rocks or soil of any biome, then it is assumed to be fresh...or something.  If you try to pour water in from the ocean though, then that water will carry with it the taint of having once been connected to the ocean.  Water going through pumps though is "born again" free of the sins of its past, and will remain pure so long as its environment is pure.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 01:39:21 am »

too the last 2 replies i will say to you this I AM NOT A FUCKING RETARD.

serious? include land tiles? no fucking shit!
How are we to know you're not just a new player having trouble? Really.. quite a rude response. I won't be helping you again and I've reported you.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 01:49:11 am »

I'm locking this.  OP needs to cultivate a better attitude.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 [2]