Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Physics suggest  (Read 18937 times)

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Physics suggest
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2011, 08:58:44 pm »

Question for others. Do we nudge the gas into heterogeneous patterns and allow gravity to do the work? Or do we create 100 billion stars manually?
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2011, 09:04:36 pm »

Collapse hydrogen into 5 more stars:

One white dwarf
Three yellow middlin's
and One orange semi-giant. All in orbit around GATLEOS PRIME.
Then:
View>Zoom To>Irina Prime System (show all of it)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2011, 10:24:58 pm »

ok dwarf three yellows and an orange giant, view to Irina prime
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2011, 10:43:57 pm »

move 10^25 methane molecules to the largest rocky planet.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2011, 10:44:20 pm »

Anyone wanna name 'em? :D
EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, distribute the remaining trace elements in the solar system evenly. Right about now a crust should be hardening on those planets and volcanoes will create a thickening atmosphere. Whip up some water from hydrogen and oxygen, then add it and some oxygen (10^24 each) to the atmosphere of the largest rocky planet.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:52:52 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2011, 11:14:12 pm »

After adding the methane, water, and oxygen the planet's atmosphere ignites.
Spoiler: open to view (click to show/hide)
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2011, 11:14:59 pm »

I added about a fifth the mass of the atmosphere of venus to that planet. I think it's getting a bit too high pressure if we do that. Maybe put that on the 7000 km diameter planet?

edit: nice job.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2011, 11:20:14 pm »

I added about a fifth the mass of the atmosphere of venus to that planet. I think it's getting a bit too high pressure if we do that. Maybe put that on the 7000 km diameter planet?

edit: nice job.
Oops. Didn't realize you put so much. Sorry. :P
Or did it ignite due to its extreme proximity to the star?
Yeah, might as well use the second largest one.

By the way, the manual mentions some later sections that aren't in there. Are there more parts somewhere?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:22:51 pm by Gatleos »
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2011, 11:57:15 pm »

Yes there are, but not yet.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2011, 01:24:23 am »

Ah, I see. Also, I can't believe I didn't realize that I was mixing millions of tons of oxygen and methane together. :facepalm: Alright, on the smaller (~7000 km diameter) planet this time, add 2^23 molecules (1 billion tons or so) of a mixture of 2% carbon dioxide, 10% oxygen, and 88% nitrogen.

Now condense millions of comets composed ~20% of random elements floating in the system and ~80% of water frozen in the vacuum of space. Bombard the planet with these comets, ranging from 60 meters to 2 kilometers in diameter. This will form large bodies of water on the surface.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2011, 01:43:15 am »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2011, 01:45:45 am »

View>Zoom To>[that planet; let's name it Tarana]
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2011, 01:48:48 am »

Did you do all this in paint/photoshop? if so thats impressive. I consider myself a scientist only in that I agree and live by the laws of science, I am however not knowledgable enough to contribute here though  :D

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2011, 02:26:50 am »

I did this with gimp and paint, like all my games.

Which planet? the one you were active to?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2011, 02:28:39 am »

Yeah, the one being assaulted by comets right now. I'll refer to it as Tarana so there's no confusion. Someone else name the other planets!
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22