Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Physics suggest  (Read 18931 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Physics suggest
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2011, 12:51:47 am »

Follow instructions
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 12:52:30 am »

Zoom > Max
Select > Select Particle
Tools > Paths > Away?

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 12:58:16 am »

ok give me a few minute I'm going to write up the entire beginners guide and put it in codes as text.

Then I have to make a gif for the initial event.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 01:19:12 am »

Screw particles. Let's make a universe of ideal forms.

Lets start with an ideal form of Matter.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 01:19:48 am »

ok give me a few minute I'm going to write up the entire beginners guide and put it in codes as text.

Then I have to make a gif for the initial event.
The gif to end begin all gifs.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 02:19:09 am »

Screw particles. Let's make a universe of ideal forms.

Lets start with an ideal form of Matter.

This is how my game goes, dont like it make your own.  ;)

Code: (the first of the beginner's guide) [Select]
                       -A guided tour of the interface
To begin the top of the main window contains six tabs that expand into option pannels.
Click "File" "Create Object", this window you have opened is for the manual creation of celestial bodies
Under the label "Create" is a list of all possible celestial objects you can create manually.
Under the label "From" is a list of all components that exist in the game currently.
Under the label "Temperature" is a list of temperature precentages that the selected body can exist at.
Under the label "Size" is various object sizes in "D" diameter and "R" radius.
Pressing "Accept" creates the selected object from the components.
Now click outside this box to close it.
Then click "File" "Delete Object", This window is used to turn celestial objects into their component parts.
Under the label "Select" is a list all celestial objects that exist in the game currently.
Pressing "Accept" turns the selected object into its components.
Then click "Edit" "Modify", This window is for modifying selected celestial objects.
Under the label "Selected" is the currently selected object, and a list of all the remaining celestial objects that also exist.
Under the label "Density" is a percentage list of all possible densities for the selected object.
Under the label "Temperature" is a percentage list of all possible temperatures for the selected object.
Under the label "Size" is a percentage list of all possible sizes for the selected object.
Pressing "Accept" changes the selected object to the selected settings.
Then click "Edit" "Move", you will notice that the curser has turned into a omnidirectional arrow.
Clicking on an object will allow you to move an object with this curser, and any selected objects will move towards the curser.
Right clicking will remove this curser.
Right click to remove the move curser.
Then click "Edit" "Activate/deactivate", you will notice that your curser has gained a lightbulb near it.
Unfortunetly this tool is only used once you have reached the Anomalies! section of the game, for more on that read 10.Life
Right clicking will remove this curser.
Right click to remove the activation/deactivation curser.
Then click "Select", you will notice a sidebar has appeared.
On this sidebar is every celesial object that exists in the game currently.
In addition to clicking on objects you may select objects on the list and see them highlighted and centered in the main window.
Right clicking will remove the sidebar and deselect any object.
Right click to remove the sidebar.
Then click "View" "Zoom in/out" you will notice that your curser has changed to a magnifying glass.
Clicking will zoom in and right clicking will zoom out with this curser, alternately you may use your mousewheel to zoom in or out without the curser.
Clicking the top bar of the window will remove the magnifying glass curser.
Click the top bar to remove the magnifying curser.
Then click "View" "View all" you will notice that your view has changed.
This tool is used to view all objects that exist at once, in addition you may also click the mousewheel button to view all.
Select any object.
Now click "View" "Zoom to object" you will notice that your view has zoomed to the object you have selected.
This tool is used to zoom to selected objects.
Right clicking on this tool will allow you to lock onto an object and have your view follow it as it travels and also stop following an object.
Now click on "Tools" "Colorize", you will notice a sidebar with a colorwheel and several boxes has appeared.
Unfortunetly this tool is only used once you have reached the Anomalies! section of the game, for more on that read 10.Life
Right clicking anywhere will remove the colorize sidebar.
Right click to remove the colorize sidebar.
Click "Tools" "Paths", you will noticed that a curve has appeared near your curser.
Clicking on objects with this curser will allow you to add motion to the object with strenth equal to the length of the line, and angle based on the curve.
Right clicking anywhere will remove the paths curser.
Right click to remove the paths curser.
Now click "Tools" "Measure", you will notice that a compass has appeared near your curser.
Clicking and holding will allow you to measure the distance between two points, in addition clicking on two objects with this curser allows you to measure the distance between the two objects.
Right clicking anywhere will remove the measure curser.
Right click to remove the measure curser.
Now click "Filters", you will notice a sidebar with several labeled boxes has appeared.
Clicking the boxes will allow you to toggle what is seen in the gameplay window.
Right clicking  anywhere will remove this sidebar.
Right click now.

Sorry if it reads like stereo instructions.

Code: (and the rest) [Select]
-Navigation through Physics reality
Besides the zoom tool, you may move the mouse to the edge of the screan to scroll in that direction.
-Thinking smaller
Besides the celestial level of gameplay there is a smaller scale levels of celestial components, atomic bodies and sub-atomic particles.
Atomic bodies will automaticly form from sub-atomic particles, but you may create your own by pathing sub-atomic particles into groups.
Celestial components will automaticly form from Atomic bodies, but you may create your own by pathing Atomic bodies into groups.
Celestial Bodies will automaticly form from Celestial components, but you may create your own by either pathing components into groups or using the create object tool.
-Null points and the initial event
A Null point is the start state of any universe, it is made up of a matrix of interlocking sub-atomic particles holding all potential universal forces together in one unified form.
To begin a universe you must first cause the initial event by inducing degredation of the null point, which can be achieved by giving a surface particle a Path away from the Null point body at maximum zoom.
-The many types of matter
What? you dont know what matter is made of? go read a chemistry book.
-Creating objects
Use the Create Objects pannel you fool.
-Moving objects
Use the path tool on an object to move it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:39:10 am by rarborman »
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2011, 03:04:22 am »

Ok, gif, sorry if it seems so simple.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2011, 03:25:54 am »

So when the manual says "sub-atomic"... how sub-atomic are we talking about here? Just down to protons 'n' whatnot?

Create>proton
Create>electron
Tools>Paths>[path the proton into the electron]

Do that about 10^34 times.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2011, 03:43:01 am »

Atomic bodies will automaticly form from sub-atomic particles, but you may create your own by pathing sub-atomic particles into groups.
Right now about 98% of the all the sub-atomic particles, which go down to protons and electrons for ease of use, are locked in gas phase hydrogen.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2011, 04:15:39 am »

Right now about 98% of the all the sub-atomic particles, which go down to protons and electrons for ease of use, are locked in gas phase hydrogen.
So you're saying we have plenty already? That's good.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2011, 12:03:58 pm »

So you're saying we have plenty already? That's good.
Indeed you do.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2011, 12:48:41 pm »

Tools>Paths>[path enough hydrogen atoms together to cause the cloud of atoms to collapse and superheat under its own gravity to, say, 15,000,000 ºC; let fusion reaction create a star of medium size]
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2011, 12:57:01 pm »

This thread is relevant to my interests.
Take partial energy and create neutrinos and antineutrinos. These probably will be important.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 01:13:14 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 01:07:02 pm »

tolyk you posted a I was so I'll do that now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 01:14:03 pm »

huh?
oh, and I missed a word there. edit'd  :-[
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22