Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Physics suggest  (Read 18991 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Physics suggest
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2011, 11:24:49 pm »

Object history: Formed near Gatleos Prime and pathed away at 1+8 by gravitational force, came to rest at 1+12, class upgraded from planetary body to star at 1+13.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2011, 11:29:09 pm »

... I have a feeling it left the star system and acquired enough mass to initiate fusion. This is awesome.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2011, 12:23:47 am »

Gatleos prime is a black hole, it has a galaxy not a star system.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2011, 08:43:54 pm »

Color me intrigued...

Suppose we'll have to name this star, how about An Réalta Theitheadh? The fleeing star? After that, max zoom on Tarana's surface. How long has it been in the universe?

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2011, 09:17:19 pm »

Star name set to "The fleeing star"
Zoom set to Tarana.

It is 1+16.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2011, 09:28:28 pm »

"The fleeing star? I didn't know this game could translate from Irish."

So it's the year seventeen then?

But that world hardly looks inhabitable yet. I suppose I should ask before forming "snow ball" of boron in Tarana's orbit and striking the planet with it, spreading that loosly packed boron dust over the face of the planet and poisoning the primitive arthropods while doing my best to preserve the other more advanced forms of life in an attempt to weed out the inferior species and create a master race? Because I totally hoped you guys would let me do that.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2011, 09:32:49 pm »

Tools > Time > Speed > 5x

This should make things go faster. [/sarcastic redundancy]

View > Zoom > All

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2011, 09:43:50 pm »

There is no life on that planet or anywhere else...yet.

Also you said it in your post... what it was translated.

Time isnt under your control.

View set to all.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2011, 10:03:25 pm »

I translated it for those who don't speak Irish (or who don't have access to google), I meant to give it it's Irish name.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2011, 10:12:16 pm »

We have control of all of space and matter, but not time? Meh, makes sense, 'tis but a game to us.

Create 3 more black holes, in the other 3 cardinal directions from the other one, same distance from the center.

Populate the 4 new galaxies with a few pre-designed ready-to-explode red giant stars.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2011, 11:27:25 pm »

Did we remember to put carbon and sulphur on Tarana?

Set view to An Réalta Theitheadh. File>Create>Medium size planet>From ice particles. Tools>Move>Move liquid planet towards An Réalta Theitheadh. Move it close enough that it will melt, not close enough to evaporate.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2011, 08:36:40 am »

Could not find apropreate matterial for black holes.
View set to "The fleeing star".
Could not find frozen dihydrogen monoxide near enough to preform that fuction.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2011, 04:40:28 pm »

Tools>Move>Move dust particles together to form a dwarf planet, a surface area of 1.669×107 km.
Tools>Move>Move electrons, neutrons, and protons together to form an oxygen atom.
Tools>Move>Move electrons and protons together to form two hydrogen atoms.
Tools>Move>Move the hydrogen atoms towards the oxygen atoms to form water. Repeat until we have enough ice to form a small planet.
Tools>Move>Move the ice cloud around the dwarf planet until we have a tightly packed ball of ice with a crunchy planet center.
Tools>Move>Move ice world close enough to An Réalta Theitheadh that it will melt, but not close enough to evaporate.

I'll call it Gamein.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2011, 06:30:40 pm »

where? here?

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2011, 06:33:12 pm »

Yes. We're at An Réalta Theitheadh, aren't we?

And I would prefer if you stopped calling it The Fleeing Star. Just copy and paste the last post with An Réalta Theitheadh in it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:00:32 pm by Stone Wera »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22