Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: An adventure in text  (Read 7589 times)

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
Re: An adventure in text
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2011, 08:18:27 am »

Good to see this not dead  :D
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2011, 12:15:19 pm »

holy **** yes!

go 15 down and 5 to the left.
(not all at once, i mean eventually  :P stay on the path)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2011, 12:37:59 pm »

-----------------------

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2011, 12:53:14 pm »

Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2011, 01:00:39 pm »

With the relative calm because everything is changing rather far away (though the volume of the changes is a bit unnerving), you find yourself lost in memory again. As is slowly coming back you you, exploring through the passage lead to a larger chamber, with a number of skeletons nearby, all but one left from what was probably fairly mangled corpses of acid-lizards. Nasty beasts, those. The other skeleton appeared to be a human, clutching a well-used and fairly melted sword. Obviously, the reason for the other corpses. It looks like they all died here from fighting each other. Then you noticed... Things are changing behind you, you just know it. You prepare to run...
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2011, 01:44:33 pm »

Suddenly, the text changes direction, and starts heading towards you! Before you can get out of the way, a line of massive beams of some unknown magic appear! You are hit! You hear a massive hollow thump!

And yet you don't feel dead. In fact, you feel more alive than ever. What ever this magic is, it is not anything that the mages back at the capital ever knew about... Perhaps it's a form of energy transfer magic, though from where you have no idea. It certainly felt like, for a moment, your relatively undeveloped magical talents were boosted, though perhaps it's because this place seems to suppress them.
Eh?
Eh!

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2011, 01:55:27 pm »

Lets try to build a force-shield around us.
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2011, 08:49:33 am »

Lets try to build a force-shield around us.
yup!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2011, 10:33:13 am »

As the changing text passes by you, you feel as if the entire universe was twisting out of existance, until a sudden force pushes it back away again. You momentarily feel less alive.

((Oops, typo in the previous update, a light blue ! was missing in the last image.))
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2011, 10:37:46 am »

I th-ink I will make a suggestion of my own(Because there is so much stuff on-screen that I feel it is making it hard to play. If you disagree, just type :[UNDO:] without the ::s):
[RESET-CURSOR]
[CLS]
>_
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2011, 11:16:55 am »

Once again the feeling of enhanced life, this time followed almost immediately by it's opposite. Almost everything is gone, except for a few small glyphs and walls, and one corpse that looks almost alive, but not quite. Certainly looks better than the last time you saw it.

(([UNDO], should you choose to use it, will cancel the current update, and revert to before the previous update. Using it multiple times will revert back further. [REDO] will cancel the current update and redo any previous [UNDO]s, as long as nothing has been changed. [CANCEL] will simply cancel the current update, up to the post with [CANCEL] in it, and everything in that post before the [CANCEL]. Also, a note on BBCode: If the forum software interprets it as a command, and doesn't display it, then it will be ignored, except for any effects it causes (like coloration). If, however, you manage to get what would normally be treated as BBCode to appear as plain text, it will be interpreted as a command to the game. An empty [b][/b] within the []s tends to work quite well for that.))
Eh?
Eh!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2011, 01:19:59 pm »

Hmm...

-------------------------------

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2011, 02:39:19 pm »

While stranded out in the middle of a vast empty space, you have plenty of time for two things: Thinking about the vast, probably endless, drop below you (not quite as unnerving as when you first arrived, you must be getting used to it), and remembering more of your exploration of the cave. You recall finding an odd amulet nearby, and taking it with you back to the area you had prepared in the front section of the cave, since there weren't any other ways in in the back, after that, you recall drifting to sleep....

Is this all a dream? Is it because of the amulet? Is there more to your memories?
If you die, do you wake up unharmed? Or perhaps you are present physically, and death is just as fatal as any other time.

You don't know.

>_

((As long as people keep posting suggestions, this adventure will continue. If nobody replies, this will die. If *I* don't reply, then an update is still coming, just delayed (potentially for months, though likely just days), but it isn't dead.

When I feel that people are starting to understand how to manipulate the game board, and not just randomly stumbling around, I'll introduce the Final Puzzle. There is some optional backstory if you can keep the dead mechanic around long enough to make him a living mechanic and talk to him.

Some hints, to keep the game going:
 - Look back at earlier updates, and you might find some interesting effects. Certain characters do special things. Especially look at @ , ` " ? and :

@ functions differently if followed by a specific non-alphanumeric character that you can type on any keyboard(that doesn't have any special effect of it's own, except in the context of beams, though you haven't seen that functionality yet). I wonder if you can find it...

There are numerous characters that respond to beams, mostly through redirection. Perhaps it's something to experiment with, simply because it's a relatively fun mechanic

I haven't decided if the effects of dark green stack, but please don't test it out on yourself, that's an easy way to an early game over if it doesn't work the way you think it should.))
Eh?
Eh!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2011, 06:29:21 pm »

ccc,ccccccccccc,ccccccc'cc'cccccccc,ccccccccccccc
It's FEF, not FEOF

Armok

• Bay Watcher