Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIX - Game Over, World Rescued!  (Read 57267 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIX - Day 2: The Captain, KIA. Situation: FUBAR?
« Reply #255 on: January 24, 2011, 09:01:33 am »

Quote from: Ottofar
Also, I'm kinda suspicious of Darvi, and TolyK, they seem kinda buddy-esque.
It's kind-of because I think Darvi isn't mafia. Just gut feeling.
However, if we lynch Zrk2 and he turns out town then I'm thinking you or Darvi.

Azure seems to be uninterested, but he can easily go on logged-out on a different-ip computer and check. well I am metacognating too much...

Ergo - if you are mafia - I believe your scum partnets would have to be, in order of liklihood:

TolyK: As has been pointed out by Otto, you two have been thick as thieves during the little match of wits between Otto and Zrk2 - and, as a note of particular interest, I discovered both of you placed your votes on Zrk2 within 10 minutes of one another, practically assuring at least Darvi holds your opinion, TolyK, in unduely high regard. You have also done very little since the onset of day 2 to further the cause of town, so - if I may be so bold as to ask - presuming Otto and Zrk2 are, for the moment, two town members scratching pointlessly at one another, whom would you consider the actual mafia, based on what you have observed from the start of day 2? What are your reasons?
Logical deduction. These have been flaming at each other since... it seems like after the first lynching/killing. They provide the most info.

Actually with your post I'm rethinking.
I know that my gut feeling isn't too good.

Reflecting on this, we have 8 possibilities: (Darvi)(Ottofar)(Zrk2)
(0=town)(1=mafia)

(0)(0)(0) - possible. then everyone but me is mafia. but wait... nope. at least one is mafia.
(0)(0)(1) - Darvi agrees me. Ottofar is confusing, maybe to deter his lynching? zrk2 is vague on purpose.
(0)(1)(0) - Darvi agrees with me. Ottofar is trying to slip away. zrk2 is either not skilled or just vague.
(1)(0)(0) - Ottofar and zrk2 are having a pointless fight. Darvi looks at my logic and uses it against the townies.
(0)(1)(1) - Ottofar and zrk2 are really smart and are purposefully trying to make each other look town. Darvi agrees with me.
(1)(0)(1) - Darvi is using my logic against town. unlikely since darvi voted for zrk2
(1)(1)(0) - Darvi is using my logic against me, and ottofar is fueling it. zrk2 is helpless.
(1)(1)(1) - They are all mafia, but that doesn't exactly explain then voting for zrk2. could be that it makes them look town, and not looked at later.

So... yeah. I guess what I'm saying is that I think Darvi and TolyK are our mafia, and that the fight between Otto and Zrk2 is nothing but a waste of effort between two townies that's giving the mafia ample time to sit back and relax before we wander - with no real idea of who is and isn't mafia - into lylo. = |
*shrugs*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2011, 09:05:39 am »

I missed a question in there, sorry.

I kind-of answered it anyway, but:
If both zrk2 and ottofar are town, mafia would know that and send them against each other. this could be for example Darvi, who may be using my logic as an opportunity against the town.

Or if Darvi is also town, we may have it that most of the rest of us are mafia.

If you're mafia, then you are trying to frame us.
If you're not mafia, then everyone else is mafia and is patiently waiting while we rip ourselves to shreds, then clean up.
well if I'm mafia I wouldn't do this, right?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2011, 10:44:05 am »

well if I'm mafia I wouldn't do this, right?
You might want to check the OP's section about commonly used Abbreviations.
Particularly WIFOM.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2011, 10:46:47 am »

First post down from this one (Tyber, asking you a question in this one):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second post down from this one:

Damn handy, these spoiler tags.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2011, 10:47:37 am »

Damn it, Otto! Now the order of my posts don't make any sense!

Ugh... you damned fiend. -_-

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2011, 10:54:24 am »

Ha-ha!
That's what you get for doing what I was going to do when I get home,  before I get home!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2011, 11:09:18 am »

ok the post right above is kinda... uh...
Let's get to the point:
First post down from this one (Tyber, asking you a question in this one):

Second post down from this one:

Damn handy, these spoiler tags.
Replies in bold inside ur text.

I'm still thinking zrk2, but my picks are zrk2, darvi, ottofar in descending order.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2011, 11:33:28 am »

So, the First vote against me? I knew this was gonna Happen. For the Same reason i knew urist was town: I have notoriously Bad luck. But that's neither here nor there.

As for Why i Never asked any questions:
A)i couldn't think of a Better question than "who would you lynch?"
B)i ws hoping i could deduct enough from your questions and
C) I'm lazy

Either Way, i have made preparations in Case i die. Also, if I'm gonna get Killer by the Mafia Next Night i Know you are One, since you want to kill me. Or at least i think i Know.

On an unrelated note, Typing this on an ipod is a pain in the Ass.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2011, 11:43:09 am »

I'll try to wrap up my overall suspicions:

Zrk2: Dodging from direct questions,not telling us about your thoughts and suspicions is the thing that strikes me most in your play,if you really do have such solid evidence on person you suspect,why you not share it with us ?
[...]
(0,1) Lies. If I were scum I wouldn't have gotten into such a destructive battle with Ottofar, when he started building a case against me I would have moved on to a lurker.
[...]
And i don't see the reason why mafia under pressure would go lurking,it will only make them accused for being mafia+lurking...
However except your "nothing to say about this" attitude ,you almost make sense, so you're not my prime suspect.

And that is : Darvi
Maybe his answer would be enough for me to lift the vote that time but now,i'm pretty sure that it's him who we should lynch:
Let's start from minor charges:
Eh, I've prepared for that eventuality.
So you were  sure you'll be hanging? Why,maybe because you're scum ?

Why this feels suspiciously prepared for me ?
And why just like that throw out (0,0) situation? Accusing townie isn't something uncommon,just look at our last lynching for example..
He was a lurker, so it was pretty much win/win for us. Of course, if our next victim really is a townie, ya well, I'll just accuse the survivor and have it done with.
Again the same "LYNCH!LYNCH!LYNCH!" as before.And do not worry about mislynch mafia surely wont have advantage then..

Ya, but then somebody still might say "Hey, lets kill him anyway!". And they lose one vote for lynching townies. Doesn't matter for this round though because if that's true then we're guaranteed to kill one scum.

And you do know that we're likely the next to be killed by the mafia, right? Eh, anything for our dark lord I suppose.

Zrk2
The same situation as D1, somebody throws a vote quickly followed by Darvi. And what's  that with this slipped "they"?

And my previous charges are still valid, also second one that Azure pointed is worth a thought.

And by the way Azure this is indirect answer to your question

/Yay new proof in middle of writing..
So, the First vote against me? I knew this was gonna Happen. For the Same reason i knew urist was town: I have notoriously Bad luck. But that's neither here nor there.

As for Why i Never asked any questions:
A)i couldn't think of a Better question than "who would you lynch?"
B)i ws hoping i could deduct enough from your questions and
C) I'm lazy

Either Way, i have made preparations in Case i die. Also, if I'm gonna get Killer by the Mafia Next Night i Know you are One, since you want to kill me. Or at least i think i Know.

On an unrelated note, Typing this on an ipod is a pain in the Ass.
Of course the bad luck is great proof of being town. And if we wont lynch you we will have more info tommorow ? How is this possible ? And you are ready to be lynched, aeons of preparation i see ;p

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2011, 11:49:21 am »

i never wanted to use my Bad luck As an Argument.although it'll become bloody obvious once i'm dead.

And my preparation is a ghost avatar, with a Big "ha-ha, told ya!" in your face.

Yeah, got pretty much nothing Else to say.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 24, 2011, 11:50:31 am »

this really hurts your case.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 24, 2011, 11:57:38 am »

*shrug*

You've got every right not to trust me. Just like I don't trust anybody of you. Besides, I'm a very untrustworthy person.

My only regret will be not getting to kill more of you guys, though.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 24, 2011, 11:58:46 am »

I lol'd pretty fuckin' hard. XDDD

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 24, 2011, 12:08:24 pm »

Anyway, getting back to the business at hand:

My only regret will be not getting to kill more of you guys, though.

...huh.

Gotta say, I've heard better townie arguments. You might have better luck if you try convincing us you're actually maffers, man. Ooh, I went there!

And yeah, Tyber. That answered my question quite sufficently. I was mostly wondering if you'd just left there because you'd forgotten about it.

Just wanna hear from the last of the lurkers, now. For the time being, he's drawing with TolyK for the position of 'maf buddy'. Against my better judgement, I'm gonna stop being cynical as all hell and believe TolyK. Maf wouldn't miscount the number of players in a beginner game, methinks. It could be a gambit, I guess, but it's a damn bold one if it is.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 24, 2011, 12:33:41 pm »

Ok, I'm not going to try to convince anybody I'm town, because I know I'll just fail. So I'll just write my last thoughts here. You may discard them if I really turn out to be scum, but I know better.

Ottofar:opposite alignment of Zrk2. Pretty much what I discussed before with Tolyk.
Tolyk
: so far no suspicious behaviour. Either town or very dangerous scum
Azure: First one to accuse me. I just  think it's weird that it just happens to be after I settled on Zrk2. You're my top choice buddy.
Tyberix: I don't know if you're just jumping on Azure's bandwagon, really think I'm scum, or are an accomplice.
Mukluk: so far no suspicious behaviour.

So my list in decreasing suspicion is: Zrk2/Ottofar, Azure, Tyberix, Tolyk, Mukluk.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29