Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Project Tellus  (Read 663 times)

Silverware

• Escaped Lunatic
  • WereGeek!!
    • View Profile
Project Tellus
« on: January 12, 2011, 05:41:15 am »

Hey people, I've started development on a game I've been meaning to make for the last 5 years or so.
And Im serious about getting this game off the ground, so Im going around telling people about it.

Heres the link to the Development Blog, there is a place for questions to be asked on there, but dont be afraid to put ideas in there too, or on here.

pazuzu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project Tellus
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 06:21:29 am »

Hey sounds great, the worlds been waiting for a good mmorts!
well maybe not the world but dammit i have.

I tried using the Development questions on your site but it didn't seem to work.
So i'll ask here:

You mention it's going to be a browser based game. Does that mean it's going to be more a empire management game than a tactical game? I ask because most browser games (that i've played) tend to be like this. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just curious.

Silverware

• Escaped Lunatic
  • WereGeek!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 06:46:50 am »

Yes that is the case, since organising real time tactical combat with other players in different timezones is a nightmare, and the combat would end up turning into chess by email.
However I dislike how most online games of this sort go force you into combat, I'm going to make sure there are plenty of opportunity for peaceful expansion, and ways to make the game enjoyable for commercial empires as well as war-like ones.

EDIT: Yes there is a problem with the questions. It seems you have to be logged in to post one. Theres now a post regarding that.

EDIT: I should mention that I'm happy to reply to questions here too for those people who don't wish to sign up at Tumblr, I like to be inclusive ;)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:32:46 am by Silverware »

pazuzu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 07:28:20 am »

Cheers, i'll sign up then :P