Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: DF Comics  (Read 9495 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: DF Comics
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 07:36:36 pm »

I think I have a new avatar.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Doc_LaKock

• Bay Watcher
  • Broken bones? Brb soap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 08:19:08 pm »

I hear you, bro.
Goblins have no sense of humor. Therefore clowns hate them.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 12:23:44 am »

I MUST TRAIN!

I lol'ed. Great stuff.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 08:30:04 am »

Thanks a lot for the first page, it's already amazing  :D
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 08:33:18 am »

Man. You made a great choice there.
I'd use it myself :O

Keep at it brodorf.
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.

athousandbees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 11:55:23 pm »

Sorry if it doesn't make much sense and/or is crap this time. I have also been "sparring".  ;D

Part Two of:
Whoa, you've got some talent there, dude(tte?)!  :o

I once had a very badly injured soldier in the hospital; the guy had been turned into a pincushion by goblins but somehow survived. Well, not for long. He was infected, anyway, so my hopes weren't high about his survival. A few months after being diagnosed and before he received the last of his treatments, he got up and left his bed under the fallacious excuse of "picking up equipment".
He walked, unflinching, towards a booze pile. That was not where I remember having last seen his armor and weapon.
The dumbass then sat down and gulped down alcohol, still "picking up equipment". He never moved from that spot, presumably still drinking his ass off, until he died, a month or so later.
Would you mind drawing something based off that particular anecdote?  :)

Your nickname should be "The Millenial Apiary".  I was trying to think some sort of wordplay on "athousandbees", but then i realized that "millenial apiary" sounded just like the random names DF produces.
Haha I like it! I keep planning on going at it until people stop giving suggestions and I run out of ideas.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 11:59:28 pm »

Can I have the Booze Drinker Last frame as my Avatar...???

As you can see I suck at making avatars work for me...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:11:08 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

athousandbees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 12:12:15 am »

Can I have the Booze Drinker Last frame as my Avatar...???

As you can see I suck at making avatars work for me...

Lol yes

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 12:14:45 am »

That looks so much better...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 12:31:02 am »

Hah, very nice, bees. Can't wait to see more!

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 12:41:15 am »

If you need inspiration:

I had two dwarves take a trip to the hospital around the same time, although different incidents. One was stabbed in the foot by a goblin snatcher, the other was involved in misunderstanding of cavein mechanics for just a few seconds. Urist Mcstabbedthroughthefoot was diagnosed, and needed cleaning and suturing. The other is likely a gonner, needing surgery, with multiple broken bones. Urst McDoctor goes to work on McCavein, starts surgery, and just barely into it, I see McDoctor cancels surgery: thirsty. So he runs off to grab a beer, then returns to treat McStabbed ignoring McCavein for six months until he dies of infection, presumably because HE WAS STILL OPENED WIDE. Bastard. (and yes, doctors are always funny).

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 12:48:18 am »

I have a simply one.

I want to see either a goblin or a rhesus monkey run into a steel disk trap.

All I want.
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 01:15:42 pm »

Awesome! Can't wait to see the other requests. ;)
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 01:27:09 pm »

here's a story you might want to use, not sure if its easily adaptable.  My new legendary weaponsmith had a masterwork bolt tossed in the trash compacter.  He was new, from a mood, so i guess he hadn't made much masterwork stuff before.  He suffered art defacement and became miserable and "started a fist fight."  The thing was he was a woodcutter with a steel battleaxe, so the first thing he did was attack my militia commander with it.  The militia commander dodged every attack and didn't attempt to fight back.  Embarrassed, the tantruming dwarf went to a booze stockpile and started a 'fist fight' with the  fortresses only legendary brewer, removing his right lower leg in the process.  My captain of the guard came and beat the crap out of the criminal with a goblin-cap training sword, eventually crushing his skull.  The brewer is alive but bedridden.  I buried the weaponsmith in my graveyard in a lay-pewter coffin (the cheapest material i use for coffins) and put a steel statue of a dwarf striking down a dwarf above his tomb.  Not sure what I'm going to do with my bed-ridden brewer now though.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 02:55:46 pm »

How do you deal with cats? Throw them into a cart and push the cart into an abyss? Test if all kitten can land on their feet when being dropped from 4 KM?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4