Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Game over!  (Read 57861 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Game over!
« Reply #330 on: February 02, 2011, 04:50:01 pm »

I guess I won right?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 02, 2011, 04:52:34 pm »

Meph, how would a Priest appear to a Fortune Teller? Was it actually a half-decent fake claim?

I was actually hoping that Jim Groovester was a Priest. Because that most likely would have meant that I would be raised as a SK or the like.

Ottofar was a Priest. So he could have actually raised you, but if you came back town I don't think it would have mattered. If you came back serial killer, the day might've gone to night but we probably would have converted you anyway.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 02, 2011, 04:52:45 pm »

You’ll have to avoid getting lynched by the mod during the day, though. And, hopefully, avoid the notice of whatever evil forces have infested this town.
Ahah!  So this was a bastard mod after all!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #333 on: February 02, 2011, 04:53:53 pm »

Ottofar was a Priest. So he could have actually raised you, but if you came back town I don't think it would have mattered. If you came back serial killer, the day might've gone to night but we probably would have converted you anyway.
Ah, but I'd gotten a Malevolent result on you already. So I knew that if you were a Priest, you were of the darker sort.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 02, 2011, 04:54:31 pm »

Quote from: Jim in scumchat
If there's a sextant with half a brain he should be able to figure out that MBP is the one chewing on people's brains, but it still shouldn't lead back to Toaster, and I don't think that's anything to worry about right now.

8-(

I saw MBP's and Dariush's graves disturbed, but I assumed that a revive would be announced... yeah, assumed like an ass, so I went with the assumption that it was a "speak with dead" affair both nights. Oh well, crap.

And yeah, that was some unbelievable luck, dudes! Leaf's fakeclaim of Native was also well played; his cries of innocence were quite convincing, but we still went ahead with the mislynch like morons.

Fun game, though.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #335 on: February 02, 2011, 04:56:20 pm »

@Zathras: One of these days, I'll actually be scum. It's been awhile...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 02, 2011, 04:57:41 pm »

Meph, how would a Priest appear to a Fortune Teller? Was it actually a half-decent fake claim?

Converter would show up for Priest, so that was actually an accurate fake-claim.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 02, 2011, 05:06:07 pm »

@Zathras: One of these days, I'll actually be scum. It's been awhile...

Yeah... You were scummy as hell as town for two games in a row. I'll have to go after you if you *aren't* scummy in the next one.

Quote from: Scumchat
Oh, and don't convert Zathras. Revenge for Bastard Paranormal.
*Ragetwitch*  8-P

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 02, 2011, 05:07:37 pm »

@Zathras: Told you so. Town again. :-\ :)

@Jim Groovester: Good play. I investigated you Night 2, so if I had actually been Resurrected, you would have likely been screwed. Not that there was actually a chance of that...

@Archangel: Stop joining games you're not going to play. Seriously. I cannot remember you *ever* actually playing a game you've joined.

@Org and @Ottofar: Be more active. Lurky town kills games. In hindsight, I really wish I would have pushed the Org lynch more. :-\

@Everyone: When you've had that many mislynches and there's a claim/counterclaim like Leafsnail's, think carefully about what you're about to do.

@Everyone again: This:

If for some reason I don't live through the night, go back and look at my summary post.
You knew I was town and yet *none* of you commented on this... It was meant to get you thinking about Zathras being town. Normally, I would have pushed him back, but I wasn't. I even said several times 'he's town'. I died and flipped Seer and yet you ignore it... Bah.

EDIT: And as an addendum, the Vampires figured out that I was a cop, but the town didn't. No matter how blatant I was about it at the end. Bah humbug. (Yes, I shouldn't have mentioned it to begin with, that was an accident. But dang...)
I derped a bit here Janus.
I was the survivor, okay?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #339 on: February 02, 2011, 05:09:44 pm »

Yeah... You were scummy as hell as town for two games in a row. I'll have to go after you if you *aren't* scummy in the next one.
I still don't think that I was being *that* scummy either time. I just think you tend to latch on a bit excessively. You still haven't managed to lynch me for it, so it will be interesting some day in the future when you are town and I am scum. :)

Yup. And we should have lynched you for how little you were contributing. :-\

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 02, 2011, 05:12:24 pm »

Quote from: Jim in scumchat
If there's a sextant with half a brain he should be able to figure out that MBP is the one chewing on people's brains, but it still shouldn't lead back to Toaster, and I don't think that's anything to worry about right now.

8-(

I saw MBP's and Dariush's graves disturbed, but I assumed that a revive would be announced... yeah, assumed like an ass, so I went with the assumption that it was a "speak with dead" affair both nights. Oh well, crap.

And yeah, that was some unbelievable luck, dudes! Leaf's fakeclaim of Native was also well played; his cries of innocence were quite convincing, but we still went ahead with the mislynch like morons.

Fun game, though.

Like morons, indeed. -_-

I had fun, though. I did my best to get out of that lynch, but there was little I could do.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 02, 2011, 05:24:15 pm »

Like morons, indeed. -_-
I had fun, though. I did my best to get out of that lynch, but there was little I could do.

Yeah, you were hosed by Leaf's good play and our collective moronity. In retrospect, I played horribly this game. I should have claimed the graveyard messages, I should have pushed Jim harder and let go of Janus sooner, I shouldn't have assumed that I'd have known about the zombie...

It didn't help that the two scum factions were turned into a single megafaction with a convert and a kill on N1, but still.

Oh well, live and learn. I'll have to change my playstyle, become more flexible and less predictable. Let's do another one!

Though I have to say I like Paranormal better -- the open setup and PMs make it more strategic, I felt too much in the dark on this one... which I assume is the point, but still. It was great fun nonetheless.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 02, 2011, 05:39:35 pm »

It wasn't really good play.  I had played like a cop who had got a town result on Ottofar night one because... I was a cop who had got a town result on Ottofar night one.

Although, that said, what I did was pretty similar to one of the paranormals where I was advanced doppelgangered while inspecting the advanced doppelganger.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 02, 2011, 05:50:58 pm »

I still don't think that I was being *that* scummy either time. I just think you tend to latch on a bit excessively. You still haven't managed to lynch me for it, so it will be interesting some day in the future when you are town and I am scum. :)

Yup. And we should have lynched you for how little you were contributing. :-\
Should have. Didn't.
I won.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 02, 2011, 05:53:06 pm »

Lynching Org wouldn't've helped anything.

Come to think of it, lynching me wouldn't've helped much either.  By day 3, it was basically "Lynch Jim or Toaster or lose".
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24