Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Game over!  (Read 57950 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Day 3 brings horror
« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2011, 02:15:39 am »

Zathras: Huh.  Janus is town.  How does this change your opinion of Jim, if at all?
I am unsure. He could have been a scum trying to get town points by defending someone he knew to be a townie, but the defence itself wasn't overly scummy, so I'm not ready to call him scum for it. On the other hand, he just claimed priest, and Dariush was a town priest, so him being either a scum priest or fakeclaiming is plausible.

Zathras:  Yesterday, you had an analysis post where you expounded on your suspicions of everyone.  You stated that you had a "neutral-to-lightly-scum read" on IronyOwl, who is not actually playing in this game.  Are you paying more attention now?  What is your read of Jim, whom you left off your list?
Huh. Would you look at that. I swear that up until I read this post of yours I thought Irony was in this game. I had to go check the original post and lurkertracker to disabuse myself of the notion... do I feel stupid. Good thing I didn't vote him.

Jim, did you seriously no-actioned both nights? Your revive is not a one-shot, is it?

Given the other's claims, I find Jim's suspicious because (as I said) we already had a town priest; and NativeForeigner needs to hang for being a likely vampire. If he flips anything else, however, Leafsnail will hang for sure tomrrow.

Of the rest, I suspect Org, and Toaster (and IronyOwl! grrr). Nothing specific about Toaster, but on my reread he seems off somehow; nothing to base a case on, but I'll be watching him closely.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 29, 2011, 02:25:19 am »

NativeForeigner.

Also, I'll be waking up in about an hour.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 29, 2011, 02:31:15 am »

Jim, did you seriously no-actioned both nights? Your revive is not a one-shot, is it?

Oh, yes it is a one shot. If it wasn't the role wouldn't be in the game.

Pious Priest: Keeps raising confirmed townies night after night.
Impious Priest: Floods the game with unaligned serial killers.

The reason I haven't used it yet is that neither MBP nor Dariush are going to have any information beyond what we already know, and between Dariush and me probably one of us is impious meaning a serial killer resurrect is likely if I raise him and he raises somebody else.

JTF has an inspect of some sort, so I'm going to use it on him. He'll likely have useful information, regardless of any potential demonification on his part.

NativeForeigner.

Also, I'll be waking up in about an hour.

I do not approve that you are posting while asleep.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 29, 2011, 02:38:11 am »

NativeForeigner needs to hang for being a likely vampire. If he flips anything else, however, Leafsnail will hang for sure tomrrow.

This is such bullshit. I'm not a damn vampire.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2011, 02:40:11 am »

Oh, yes it is a one shot. If it wasn't the role wouldn't be in the game.
Pious Priest: Keeps raising confirmed townies night after night.
Impious Priest: Floods the game with unaligned serial killers.
...yeah, that makes sense. Duh. *shakes head*

Quote from: Jim
JTF has an inspect of some sort, so I'm going to use it on him. He'll likely have useful information, regardless of any potential demonification on his part.
Is there any way or role that would get a hint as to whether the revived JTF is still town or a demonic SK? Other than priests, what other roles interact with the dead? How do you think the vampires work?

PPE: Yeah, but if you were, that's what you'd say, yes? So we'll have to see to make sure. Don't worry, if you aren't, Leaf will pay for it.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2011, 02:40:44 am »

NativeForeigner needs to hang for being a likely vampire. If he flips anything else, however, Leafsnail will hang for sure tomrrow.

This is such bullshit. I'm not a damn vampire.

And if you aren't, then Leafsnail dies a painful lynchy death.  Simple as that.

You're in a situation where, no matter what you are, we've got a very high chance of hitting a hostile either today or tomorrow.

Oh, and I forgot:

Unvote, vote NativeForeigner.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 29, 2011, 02:58:07 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
NativeForeigner: Jack A T, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Ottofar, Zathras

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 29, 2011, 02:59:53 am »

...whoa.

Um....shorten?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 29, 2011, 03:07:24 am »

I have to agree. NativeForeigner's stance on people lying about his role sounds exactly like what newbscum do when they're caught and don't know what to do.

Shorten.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2011, 03:18:15 am »

I have to agree. NativeForeigner's stance on people lying about his role sounds exactly like what newbscum do when they're caught and don't know what to do.

Shorten.

I wasn't that bad when I was noobscum. I'll enjoy seeing Leafsnail hang tomorrow for this bullshit.

My own role is my only defense about his claim, but that doesn't do shit to prove my innocence. And the flavor not matching up to a vampire's work is just WIFOM.

Either think about this, shorten the day, or hammer me. Preferably the first one, but there's nothing I can really say to defend myself. Does anyone have any questions they want to ask or anything?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 29, 2011, 03:19:29 am »

Scratch that, don't shorten or hammer yet, I wanna hear from Leafsnail about this shit.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 29, 2011, 03:28:38 am »

Quote from: Jim
Is there any way or role that would get a hint as to whether the revived JTF is still town or a demonic SK? Other than priests, what other roles interact with the dead? How do you think the vampires work?

It's possible, but I don't know how likely it would be for this game. Using knowledge of how the roles work from previous Supernaturals, a Dreamwalker could possibly get a PM directed towards JTF, and he would be able to tell whether it was a normal or demonic resurrection. There are other possibilities that I'm probably not aware of. So, it could happen. But it also could not. I wouldn't know.

And there are plenty of roles that interact with the dead. The Sexton knows whether the dead have been disturbed, and the Warlock can communicate with the dead in some fashion. There are probably more.

And the vampires could work like a regular scum team, or they could be a cult. The flavor for the JTF kill doesn't match what I'd expect a vampire to do, so it either means the vampires were blocked both nights, which I think is unlikely, or the vampires are conversion-based instead of kill-based. If it's the first, then we're lucky. But I'd expect this amazing vampire blocker to have claimed by now, so the vampires probably don't work like a normal scum team. So it's probably conversion-based, although it's anyone's guess as to how the conversions work, which would factor significantly into how much of a threat the vampires are.

In either case, it looks like there's a third party killing role about. Hopefully he'll shoot some vampires at some point.

And the flavor not matching up to a vampire's work is just WIFOM.

Flavor's important to all Meph games. The first Supernatural had werewolves, and I think Org was a demon or a devil of some sort, and ToonyMan was a Vampire Hunter. In all three cases, the flavor was distinct for each of their kills.

If it doesn't look like a vampire did it, a vampire probably didn't do it.

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck, etc.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 29, 2011, 03:32:00 am »

And the flavor not matching up to a vampire's work is just WIFOM.

Flavor's important to all Meph games. The first Supernatural had werewolves, and I think Org was a demon or a devil of some sort, and ToonyMan was a Vampire Hunter. In all three cases, the flavor was distinct for each of their kills.

If it doesn't look like a vampire did it, a vampire probably didn't do it.

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck, etc.

Yeah, but that only means that a vampire didn't do the killing. It does nothing to prove that I'm not a vampire. :<

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2011, 09:04:39 am »

Leafsnail:  Why did you inspect those two?
Ottofar: person I was most strongly suspicious of day one.  I thought inspecting him would let me lynch scum.  Seems I was wrong.

NativeForeigner: the person I suspected most strongly had already been lynched.  So I went for the "guy who lurked too much for me to get a proper read but who was bothering me a lot, especially in his last post of the day".

Leafsnail: How certain are you that your reading on me is correct?
Not sure what you mean by this.  If you mean "How sure are you that Mephansteras sent you a pm telling you my alignment" then I'd say 100%.  For "How sure are you that this is accurate"... well, this is a non-bastard game.  I'd say about 99.9%.

I'd be fine with a shorten.  You can lynch me tomorrow if NativeForeigner doesn't come up vampire (hint: he will).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 29, 2011, 09:55:17 am »

Jack:  I see.  You asked for a shorten: are you fine with the day ending without hearing from all of them?

Zathras:  In Sup2, IronyOwl was a Sage, and he got a "portent of demonic power" at some point after a impious priest raised up a demon.  That's probably what you're looking for.

Native:  You say he's lying, but it takes you way too long to vote for you.  If he's lying about your alignment, he's scum, simple as that.  Clearly you're busted and you were too stunned to mount an effective reply.

Ottofar:  A town result on you does not mean you can be useless.  Do you have other suspicions?

Meph:  How many shortens does it take to end the day?  I'd like to hear from a few people first.  Also, if Archangel never posts this day, please prod him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24