Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Game over!  (Read 57943 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Day 3 brings horror
« Reply #270 on: January 28, 2011, 05:23:16 pm »

I'm an Oracle.  I got town on Ottofar night 1.

Jack AT's theory could work.  I've seen a role like that (I think it was called Evil Mentor), although I'm not entirely sure how that would fit with vampirism.

What I do know, on the other hand, is that NativeForeigner needs to hang.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2011, 05:59:28 pm »

Good morning, NativeForeigner.  Care to explain why your alignment showed up as vampire to me last night?

I'm sorry, what? Vampire? I really do wish I could explain that, but the only possibilities I can think of is that you're either lying or one of us has a modifier on our role (such as naiive, or whatever).

In the meantime, doesn anyone know what the changer type role is? I would like to know for sure before I share my results from last night.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 28, 2011, 08:26:18 pm »

I am not scum.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 28, 2011, 09:15:46 pm »

Good morning, NativeForeigner.  Care to explain why your alignment showed up as vampire to me last night?

I'm sorry, what? Vampire? I really do wish I could explain that, but the only possibilities I can think of is that you're either lying or one of us has a modifier on our role (such as naiive, or whatever).

In the meantime, doesn anyone know what the changer type role is? I would like to know for sure before I share my results from last night.

Naive? Come on. Wonky sanities would be unprecedented in a Meph game and I don't know if there are millers about either. NativeForeigner, I'd expect more fight from you if you were actually town. If you're going to try the 'Leafsnail is lying' route you should at least vote him for it.

Also, what changer type role? If you've got information, out with it.

I am not scum.

Once again a sterling effort in your own defense. Magnificent, Org.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 28, 2011, 09:23:41 pm »

I have no idea what you mean.  If you want to falseclaim, do it now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 28, 2011, 09:29:38 pm »

Naive? Come on. Wonky sanities would be unprecedented in a Meph game and I don't know if there are millers about either.

I don't know about Supernatural, but in Paranormal millers are told that they're millers, and they haven't appeared yet in Supernatural.

Also, best defense ever, Org.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 28, 2011, 09:52:13 pm »

*At least one of Org, Archangel, Ottofar, and Mr. Person is probably scum.  The more active players left, with the exception of Zathras, give a good town feel to me.
*Lynching one of our more active players at the moment is probably not the best idea.  We're running dangerously low on good, highly active scumhunters.

How did you come up with that list?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 28, 2011, 09:55:16 pm »

Almost every active person feels like town, so I'm guessing at least one less active one is scum.  Those four I know almost nothing about and have contributed almost nothing.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 28, 2011, 10:15:04 pm »

Some other things that I want addressed:

Zathras:  Yesterday, you had an analysis post where you expounded on your suspicions of everyone.  You stated that you had a "neutral-to-lightly-scum read" on IronyOwl, who is not actually playing in this game.  Are you paying more attention now?  What is your read of Jim, whom you left off your list?

Org:  Do you have anything useful to add?  Ditto to Archangel.

Person:  You had a whopping two posts yesterday.  Your only one that could be construed as an attack is here.  You attack him, but don't vote him, and then never vote anyone else (or even post.)  Why?  Who do you suspect today?  I want at least two names.

Jack A T:  At day end yesterday, here were your suspicions:

Janus, Zathras, Org, Dariush

Today, they are:

*At least one of Org, Archangel, Ottofar, and Mr. Person is probably scum.

What changed to get Zathras off and the three that aren't Org on?

Leafsnail:  Why did you inspect those two?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 28, 2011, 10:22:26 pm »

Jack A T:  At day end yesterday, here were your suspicions:

Janus, Zathras, Org, Dariush

Today, they are:

*At least one of Org, Archangel, Ottofar, and Mr. Person is probably scum.

What changed to get Zathras off and the three that aren't Org on?

I still suspect Zathras (and quite strongly, in fact), as I said earlier in that post.  I'm just not going to risk it today.  I don't want the last few players to be the absurdly useless, quiet, non-talking ones, and most of the most active players feel like townies.  The three new ones are there because, frankly, I can't figure anything out about them, because they're so quiet and uninformative.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 28, 2011, 10:56:51 pm »

Naive? Come on. Wonky sanities would be unprecedented in a Meph game and I don't know if there are millers about either. NativeForeigner, I'd expect more fight from you if you were actually town. If you're going to try the 'Leafsnail is lying' route you should at least vote him for it.

Also, what changer type role? If you've got information, out with it.

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that that was a PFP, so sorry if it seemed lacking.

Well I'm certainly not a vampire. At least it doesn't mention it in my role description, so something's up. I would vote him, but I'm not so sure he's lying. Given the flavor, it'd be an interesting lie to go with.

As for the changer type role, I have no idea. But Jim is The Changer. I'm a Fortune Teller. Every night I can use my sight on someone to find out their general role. I'll get one of Killer, Protector, Watcher, Changer, or Survivor. The first night I targeted Janus. I got Watcher. The next night I targeted Jim, I got Changer, which doesn't sound too friendly, but I could be wrong.

I have no idea what you mean.  If you want to falseclaim, do it now.

Hardly a falseclaim.

Naive? Come on. Wonky sanities would be unprecedented in a Meph game and I don't know if there are millers about either.

I don't know about Supernatural, but in Paranormal millers are told that they're millers, and they haven't appeared yet in Supernatural.

Well, all I can tell you is that I'm not a vampire, so either Leafsnail is lying or someone's up to something.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 29, 2011, 12:09:18 am »

Person:  You had a whopping two posts yesterday.  Your only one that could be construed as an attack is here.  You attack him, but don't vote him, and then never vote anyone else (or even post.)  Why?  Who do you suspect today?  I want at least two names.

I wasn't really finding much to comment on that wasn't old news by the time I read it. I suppose I could of dug some crap from day 1, but that's not really relevant when day 2 rolls around and one of the parties of the argument is dead. So I read as people post, and guess what, nobody's doing anything scummy. One of the RL days I didn't even get on, pretty sure of that. None of these are excuses, much less good ones, but it IS true I didn't see anything scummy at all yesterday and nothing to even ask a question about to boot. On the plus side, I don't think that's going to be a problem today what with an obvious discussion point to talk about. First things first, let's figure out which of NativeForeigner and Leafsnail is lying.

@Native: You have massive evidence against Leafsnail, yet you aren't voting Leafie. Why not? You also have evidence against Jim, yet again you're not voting Jim. Why not? Heck, why aren't you throwing either of the two questions or anything at all?

@Jim: I think now would be an appropriate time for you to roleclaim.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 29, 2011, 12:14:03 am »

@Jim: I think now would be an appropriate time for you to roleclaim.

Well of course.

Anyways, I'm a Priest. I obviously haven't used my power.

I don't know why NativeForeigner thought that wasn't friendly, although I will grant you that I don't know whether I'm pious or not.

Well I'm certainly not a vampire. At least it doesn't mention it in my role description, so something's up. I would vote him, but I'm not so sure he's lying. Given the flavor, it'd be an interesting lie to go with.

. . .

Well, all I can tell you is that I'm not a vampire, so either Leafsnail is lying or someone's up to something.

You see, this is what I'm talking about. Are you or are you not a vampire? If you're not, then why aren't you sure that Leafsnail's lying?

Why are you leaving room for Leafsnail to be right, and for you to not be a vampire? It sure looks like there should be a clear dichotomy there, so if you're not sure about either what else do you know that we don't?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 29, 2011, 12:27:50 am »

@Native: You have massive evidence against Leafsnail, yet you aren't voting Leafie. Why not? You also have evidence against Jim, yet again you're not voting Jim. Why not? Heck, why aren't you throwing either of the two questions or anything at all?

Evidence that I can't prove, and I'm not certain that Leafsnail is scum, he hasn't done much that's been scummy other than lie about me. Jim, on the other hand, is a different story. I only have evidence of his role, not his alignment.

Leafsnail: How certain are you that your reading on me is correct?

Jim: I wasn't sure what context "the Changer" was in. What does a priest do? What's the difference between a pious and non-pious priest?

. . .

You see, this is what I'm talking about. Are you or are you not a vampire? If you're not, then why aren't you sure that Leafsnail's lying?

Why are you leaving room for Leafsnail to be right, and for you to not be a vampire? It sure looks like there should be a clear dichotomy there, so if you're not sure about either what else do you know that we don't?

I'm not a vampire. I'm not sure if he's lying because it's possible that his inspect was misguided. I want to hear from him before I decide which it is.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 29, 2011, 12:37:49 am »

Priest can resurrect a dead player, and they have a piety value that is hidden from them. Pious priests bring a dead target back to life to his original role, while impious priests revive the target as a demon, which has a kill and wins when everybody else is dead.

There's no way to know which is which until the following night, when either somebody dies or nothing happens. There are also some roles that get vague hints about whether it was a normal or demonic resurrection during the night it occurs (according to memory of previous Supernaturals), but the Priest himself is unaware what kind of resurrection it is.

This is my first time playing Supernatural, and though I watched the last two the specifics may be a bit lost on me.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24