Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Game over!  (Read 57913 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Day 2 dawns peacefully
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2011, 05:43:24 pm »

Dariush, it dawned on me when both Sorcerer's Apprentice and this game were in its night phase that you finished each day voting me. Are you searching for reasons to vote me because you've got a chip on your shoulder?

There are some outstanding questions I have as well.

And where was I, oh, right. Zathras. For being inconsistent. I don't really have any more than what I did when the day ended.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2011, 05:44:30 pm »

As lovely as it is that everyone survived, I *really* don't like these mornings... :-\

For now, Org.
No, its cool.
You can vote someone else brah.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2011, 05:50:05 pm »

Oh hey, you're here.

What are your thoughts on Zathras and myself? Please don't quote your previous post, couldn't understand it the first time.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2011, 06:45:09 pm »

Everyone who voted MBP in the end: How does MBP's innocence effect your suspicions?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2011, 06:47:18 pm »

Oh hey, you're here.

What are your thoughts on Zathras and myself? Please don't quote your previous post, couldn't understand it the first time.
Herp.
I misplaced a Janus in there.
It should be read that Zath is a bad player.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2011, 06:55:01 pm »

Everyone who voted MBP in the end: How does MBP's innocence effect your suspicions?
I don't think he's scum anymore. (/joking)

I'm guessing there's a decent chance that at least one scum was on his bandwagon. Couldn't tell you which, other than not me.

Oh hey, you're here.

Herp.
I misplaced a Janus in there.
It should be read that Zath is a bad player.
Yeah... I'm pretty sure just directly contradicted yourself:

I wouldn't mind lynching Janus either, seeing as how bad at playing scum he is, generally as bad as him playing town.
Herpa derp. Janus is bad at playing scum.
1) You're not likely to make the same mistake twice.
2) 'Either' implies that you knew what you were talking about two people.

So you were saying that you think I'm bad at playing scum which I think implies that you think I'm scum. And yet you voted Zathras, so you think he is.

Try again on that explination, eh?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2011, 07:12:52 pm »

Eh.
It was about Zath trying to get a wagon going, pretty bad evidence. Really only about lurking, and usually Lynching teh Lurkers comes later in.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2011, 07:21:42 pm »

Eh.
It was about Zath trying to get a wagon going, pretty bad evidence. Really only about lurking, and usually Lynching teh Lurkers comes later in.

So Zath is scum because he's trying to get you lynched?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2011, 10:47:18 pm »

Leafsnail:  (In response to your D1 question)  Sure.  In Para17 (scum) and Kingmaker 3 (town) he did the same deal- short clipped posts, with several "more later" posts.  I always read scum on him. 

Jack A T:  How did MBP's flip affect YOUR suspicions?

Janus:  Why did you need to point out you weren't scum in your reply to Jack A T?  Hiding something?

Zathras:  See my question from yesterday.

DariushOld question for you too.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2011, 10:57:49 pm »

Janus:  Why did you need to point out you weren't scum in your reply to Jack A T?  Hiding something?
The point wasn't that I'm not scum; the point was that I know my own alignment. I'm only making an educated guess at most everyone else's.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2011, 11:17:01 pm »

Mostly, it just cuts out the chance of bussing.  His being town doesn't make me more strongly suspect any of those who voted for him, as he was, for a while, quite scummy.  I didn't really have any idea who his partner(s) could've been if he was scum, so...uh...yeah.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2011, 11:18:28 pm »

For future reference, thinking in scum-teams (particularly on day 1) usually does more harm than good. Look for individual scum, find connections when they flip.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2011, 09:32:04 am »

The point wasn't that I'm not scum; the point was that I know my own alignment. I'm only making an educated guess at most everyone else's.

The fact that you just had to say it sticks out, like you needed a self-affirmation of innocence.

Whose alignment are you not making an educated guess for?

Mostly, it just cuts out the chance of bussing.  His being town doesn't make me more strongly suspect any of those who voted for him, as he was, for a while, quite scummy.  I didn't really have any idea who his partner(s) could've been if he was scum, so...uh...yeah.

So what do you hope to get out of asking?  Who do you suspect?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2011, 10:08:01 am »

Good morning, Dariush.  Care to expand on what the hell you were doing yesterday?
Something you weren't doing, i.e. scumhunting? Now, is that a randomvote I see?
Fuck what some shitty mafia wiki says on something. Also what JTF said about it. I didn't even look at the link.
Saying 'why am I doing the same thing as X, yet I am voted for it and he isn't?' is one of the top scummiest things I can think off the top of my head. Was that sufficiently non-shitty for you?
I was pointing out inconsistencies in Zathras' argument by comparing what he accused JTF for with previous actions other players had done that were somehow okay. I was the other player. It's still just as valid as if it were somebody else, and I'd still be here pointing out the inconsistency.
Same thing, except now you defend someone else for doing the same thing as you.
And yes, I believe Jack A T's explanation
I'm a flying three-headed pink unicorn. Come on, believe me.
and what in the flying fuck do either of those two things have to do with you and why you are voting me?
[/quote]
The things I pointed out are scumtells. If you fail to realize they are, it's not my fault.
Dariush, it dawned on me when both Sorcerer's Apprentice and this game were in its night phase that you finished each day voting me. Are you searching for reasons to vote me because you've got a chip on your shoulder?
There was what, three days between the end of first days of those two games? I may as well say 'you are as aggressive as you were in Kingmaker as scum, so you must be scum'...
DariushOld question for you too.
Your overeagerness to see the response to that RVS joke question is astounding. For answer, I'll quote a quite fitting response:
I ask questions so I can get a better read on people.  Sometimes I get lucky and they drop scumslips.  Sometimes not, but that's how I play the game.
Now, your refusal to answer Jack's question and redirection of it to himself is suspicious. So, my vote goes to you, Toaster.

Janus, you seem pretty relaxed about the whole 'I put a whole lot of pressure into MBP and he flipped town' thing. Also, I have a gut feeling that you'll use your note about scum in bandwagon later, when your partner turns up in it, for gaining credibility... Do you have any particular reason beyond your Org vote other than policy?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 25, 2011, 10:46:18 am »

Hum hum.
I think I'm gonna vote
Dariush who is hypocritical.

Also, I can do a post, with the reasoning. It would be kinda useless now, but if you guys want one, I'll make one.

Toaster, what is your favourite colour? Don't try to wriggle from the answer.

And stuff, I'm tired.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24