Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Game over!  (Read 57843 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Day 1 begins with blood and tears
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2011, 03:17:39 pm »

Jack A T:
Okay, I was planning on waiting and watching for today, but this is just painful to watch.
So you were planning on lurking?
As I explained earlier, yes, for this one day, barring anything going utterly insane.

You're mainly echoing Janus here, and you don't add anything original to the discussion.  Further, you don't question him to either strengthen or allay your suspicions.  Your words imply you're done for the day as well.  Basically, this is all very passive.  Being this passive does not contribute to the town at all.

Do you have other reasons to suspect him?  Why didn't you ask him questions?  Who else do you suspect, and why?
My passivity: From prior experience, I've found that being passive and getting yelled at is better than being active and getting lynched for pointing contradictions and odd habits out.  Yeah, my prior experience sucks.

Echoing Janus: I pretty much share his opinion of Mysterious at the moment, minus the original evidence.  Besides, I found a quote of his that was being ignored although it badly damaged one of Mysterious's arguments, and I felt like pointing that out.

Other reasons to suspect Mysterious: The guy doesn't seem to be reading Janus's arguments, as I tried to point out with my Janus quote.  Janus, while a bit pushy, at least looks like he's reading Mysterious's arguments.  Also, the whole "insult everyone and imply you're really, really important" thing, from what I've seen, is the last action of many, many lynched scum players.  Quick disclaimer: I'm not used to mafia on this forum.

Why didn't I question him?  I'm really not sure what to ask him.  So...uh...yeah.  Pretty bad reason.

Other people I suspect: Janus, basically.  He viewed the weakest evidence ever as worth pointing out, and kind of emphasized it.  Main reason I'm not voting for him is Mysterious's reaction: too strong for the evidence, as if panicking, while also contributing to the emphasis that the weak evidence got.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2011, 03:33:01 pm »

MBP v JTF is looking pretty town v town.  Hopefully it won't end up consuming the entire thread.

MBP didn't really look like overdefending.  It was more just overindignant about it (and possibly overestimating a 3-4 on the scale).  Being a bit slow and misreading other people's arguments are not scumtells.  For overreaction, I'd expect either panic or massive OMGUSing.

Actually, I've only played with you as scum. Playing on the same team as you is definitely better. What have I learned? That you can only be found out by a totally random chance, Toaster.
As to questioning...
Toaster, what is your favourite colour? Don't try to wriggle from the answer.
But seriously, NativeForeigner, what are you going to deduce from the answer to your question?
I guess this could be a joke, but what exactly is it meant to mean?  And why not vote the guy you ask a serious question instead of the one you seem to be jokevoting?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2011, 03:36:51 pm »

Jack A T: If you're aware enough to know your own failings then that means you can do something about them. The question is, why aren't you? Admitting that you've made mistakes accomplishes nothing.

Unvote, Jack A T. Mostly for the MBP wagon.

JTF, I don't see your argument, and I think you're giving MBP lots of shit for no good reason. I don't see him remembering to add a vote as especially suspicious, since he's done stuff like that in the past. And I don't think his reaction for it is

MBP v JTF is looking pretty town v town.  Hopefully it won't end up consuming the entire thread.

MBP didn't really look like overdefending.  It was more just overindignant about it (and possibly overestimating a 3-4 on the scale).  Being a bit slow and misreading other people's arguments are not scumtells.  For overreaction, I'd expect either panic or massive OMGUSing.

Dammit, I can't get a word in edgewise. This is basically what I was going to say.

JTF, why are you giving MBP a hard time for this?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2011, 03:47:58 pm »

Jack A T: If you're aware enough to know your own failings then that means you can do something about them. The question is, why aren't you? Admitting that you've made mistakes accomplishes nothing.

Let's see...I actually tried to contribute by pointing out an ignored contradiction...I still need to think of something worthwhile to ask...I need to actually play mafia on this forum to get used to mafia on this forum (strange, isn't that?), but I'm using my prior experience and applying it here as well as I can.

I'm still suspecting Mysterious and Janus the most (though I doubt they're both scum), but, because I'm taking a lot of flak for my vote...Unvote.

Janus: What, on your scale, counts as a major scumtell?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2011, 03:50:55 pm »

On this here forum we are all about sticking to our guns.

You backing down from your vote as soon as it got a little resistance is a very scummy move. It means you weren't really all that interested in the lynch in the first place, which is pretty damn scummy because you're not really scumhunting so much as finding anybody to lynch.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2011, 03:54:49 pm »

Sorry, used to games in which keeping votes up when resisted gets me lynched instantly.

My experience hates me.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2011, 03:55:35 pm »

If it's any consolation, anybody who lynched you for that was an idiot.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2011, 03:56:39 pm »

Meh.  Not even close to the people who lynched me because I use capital letters and punctuation.  I'm not making this up.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2011, 03:59:22 pm »

Let's see...I actually tried to contribute by pointing out an ignored contradiction...I still need to think of something worthwhile to ask...I need to actually play mafia on this forum to get used to mafia on this forum (strange, isn't that?), but I'm using my prior experience and applying it here as well as I can.

Pointing out contradictions is good.

Do you see value in asking less-than-worthwhile questions more for how the question is answered more than the question itself?

PPE:  If you got lynched for proper grammar and syntax, you were definitely playing with idiots.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2011, 04:00:11 pm »

But seriously, NativeForeigner, what are you going to deduce from the answer to your question?

You mean from my question to MBP? I'm trying to deduce whether or not he's town that's just a little bit jumpy or scum that's nervous. And the way he's reacting from being questioned isn't looking very good. The way he's reacting now that more people are voting for him is very poor, he's just stopped trying to defend himself and deteriorated to insults. He's even pulling the "I'm a useful role, you'll regret this." line.

MBP, assuming you're not scum, who are your top scum picks? If you get lynched, you should get your word out should you flip town.

Jack, other than MBP, who else do you think is scum? Do you have any original arguments to hold against MBP?

Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2011, 04:00:50 pm »

Really people are such sheeps.  Why don't you idiots just read the damn post i made? Whatever, really, it's simply way easier to read the argument of Janus than actually check the tread.

Will be so funny to see me lynched and then see you squirm that you lost a usefull role to your own damn lack of reading.

I'll be back later on. Continue putting intention in my words and words in my motuh janus, you are quite good at it. I'll be back to this game once you stupid ass stop bing a windbag.

Of note, i worte this post calmly, but heh, won't change a thing in Janus little mind.

Ta-ta

Strawman, ad hominem, and insults. Game related information in your post: none.Unvote, vote MysteriousBluePuppet

Why are you not talking about the game? Why are you spending all your time defending yourself? What do you think of the events of the game, and who do you think has been scummy so far?

Meh.  Not even close to the people who lynched me because I use capital letters and punctuation.  I'm not making this up.

Don't play on Mafiascum anymore, they're horrible at mafia. You're difficult to read since you're attributing everything to poor teaching. Alright, which of MBP and Janus do you think is scummier? Why?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2011, 04:27:36 pm »

Here goes the big mass of replies:
Jack, other than MBP, who else do you think is scum? Do you have any original arguments to hold against MBP?
Other reasons to suspect Mysterious: The guy doesn't seem to be reading Janus's arguments, as I tried to point out with my Janus quote.  Janus, while a bit pushy, at least looks like he's reading Mysterious's arguments.  Also, the whole "insult everyone and imply you're really, really important" thing, from what I've seen, is the last action of many, many lynched scum players.  Quick disclaimer: I'm not used to mafia on this forum.

Other people I suspect: Janus, basically.  He viewed the weakest evidence ever as worth pointing out, and kind of emphasized it.  Main reason I'm not voting for him is Mysterious's reaction: too strong for the evidence, as if panicking, while also contributing to the emphasis that the weak evidence got.
Do you see value in asking less-than-worthwhile questions more for how the question is answered more than the question itself?
I consider questions that are either designed to gain information or designed to gain a reaction to be worthwhile.  If something like asking about what pets someone owns leads to information or good reactions, then, no matter how bad the question was, it helped.

Don't play on Mafiascum anymore, they're horrible at mafia. You're difficult to read since you're attributing everything to poor teaching. Alright, which of MBP and Janus do you think is scummier? Why?

I don't know if it's a good scumtell or just a personal bias, but I don't trust people who react to votes by insulting the town while trying to imply that they're really useful powerful people with cool powers.  Right now, it comes down to Janus's pushiness, frivolous evidence, and pushiness versus MBP's pushiness, overly strong response to the frivolous evidence, angry response to votes, insults, and ability to either misread or ignore.  I'm thinking MBP for now, but Janus is a close second.  I'm going to assume they're not buddies, though.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2011, 04:30:53 pm »

I'm thinking MBP for now, but Janus is a close second.  I'm going to assume they're not buddies, though.

Why do you assume that?

Fair enough on your response to my question.  I still don't see questions from you, however.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2011, 04:41:10 pm »

I'm thinking MBP for now, but Janus is a close second.  I'm going to assume they're not buddies, though.

Why do you assume that?

Fair enough on your response to my question.  I still don't see questions from you, however.

Reason for assumption: Janus feels experienced.  I doubt that any attempts at bussing by him would look this awkward.  For now, until evidence arrives that indicates otherwise, I'll probably think they're not buddies.

Questions:...heh heh heh...
Toaster: What kind of questions do you feel I should ask?  (must...resist...urge...to...place...smiley...here)
Mysterious: About how useful do you consider your role?  Merely useful?  Powerful?  Vital to the town's survival?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2011, 04:49:47 pm »

I see.

Ones that you feel will enlighten you as to whom is scum.  I can't play your game for you, so you'll have to ask them.

Despite MBP's attempt to blackmail the town with his role implication, you're still verging on rolefishing with that question to him.

Let me ask you this: have you read the first two rounds of Supernatural?  They are here and here, for reference.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24