Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Game over!  (Read 57865 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Day 2 dawns peacefully
« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2011, 10:55:15 am »

Something you weren't doing, i.e. scumhunting? Now, is that a randomvote I see?
It's far from random.  I'm expecting an explanation as to what the fuck you were doing yesterday.  Don't think you can dodge my last post of day one just because you didn't respond before the lynch.

Janus, you seem pretty relaxed about the whole 'I put a whole lot of pressure into MBP and he flipped town' thing. Also, I have a gut feeling that you'll use your note about scum in bandwagon later, when your partner turns up in it, for gaining credibility... Do you have any particular reason beyond your Org vote other than policy?
Points for trying to get another mislynch out of a clear town v town fight.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2011, 01:05:41 pm »

The fact that you just had to say it sticks out, like you needed a self-affirmation of innocence.
And if I hadn't said it, I'm sure someone would have hounded me for implying that I was scum.

Whose alignment are you not making an educated guess for?
That'd be telling.

@Zathras:
You haven't posted anything to the forums since 22 Jan... Any chance you could grace us with your presense?  A LurkerTracker as well if you could?

Rereading, be back in a bit.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2011, 01:43:02 pm »

Janus, you seem pretty relaxed about the whole 'I put a whole lot of pressure into MBP and he flipped town' thing. Also, I have a gut feeling that you'll use your note about scum in bandwagon later, when your partner turns up in it, for gaining credibility... Do you have any particular reason beyond your Org vote other than policy?
Points for trying to get another mislynch out of a clear town v town fight.

While it does seem Dariush is taking it a little far, you can never be certain it was a town v town fight. What makes you so certain Janus is town?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #213 on: January 25, 2011, 03:23:00 pm »

Warning: Wall of text.

First, reads on everyone. It's everything that stood out to me. If you don't think it's useful, well, it is to me.

Spoiler: Various scummy things (click to show/hide)

In summary, I think the most likely scum are some combination of Mr.Person, Dariush, and Org with NativeForeigner a likely third party. Org annoys me the most in general, so my vote stays for the time being.

Archangel needs to do something... anything. I'd love a solid post from Ottofar before day's end (see below for what on).

Other, specific points I noticed this time around, along with questions/requests:

Incidentally, I do have someone I'd like to call out, but I'd like to see how they behave for a little while longer.
What ever happened to this?

Ottofar:  While I do agree with your extension request, please make use of the time to expand on your vote reasoning.
Yes, I'm planning to do it when I get on computer.
Did you ever get a computer?

Sorry about the triple post.

I've gotten to the start of page 5, and I have a small chunk written, and though it's not enough to post, it is a start and it's better than the nothing I had before.
Small chunk written that we have yet to see...

Well this is strange. Org, JTF, do you think that lack of a NK was intentional?
Why those two?

Hum hum.
I think I'm gonna vote
Dariush who is hypocritical.

Also, I can do a post, with the reasoning. It would be kinda useless now, but if you guys want one, I'll make one.
Yes. I want to see a solid post from you. This'd be as good a topic as any.

Should I be something else? Contrasting Bastard Paranormal, I honestly thought MBP was scum up until he flipped.  I happen to agree with Leafsnail that this looks like trying to turn one town-lynch into two.

What's that bit about 'not about scum in bandwagon'?

For Org, see above.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2011, 03:43:46 pm »

Incidentally, I do have someone I'd like to call out, but I'd like to see how they behave for a little while longer.
What ever happened to this?
Here (stuff inside removed to avoid making this post confusing:

While it does seem Dariush is taking it a little far, you can never be certain it was a town v town fight. What makes you so certain Janus is town?
a) Janus doesn't look scummy in general.  He seems to be doing stuff.
b) Unless their name is webadict, scum doesn't usually like to draw massive attention to themselves on day one.  Why start a huge fight and put yourself at risk when you can coax in the shadows?
c) The bandwagon on him yesterday, and the suggestion that we should lynch MBP and Janus from various quarters, seems to imply to me that he doesn't have scumbuddies backing him up.  Not that I expect them to come out and directly defend him - generally, it's more subtle than that (pushing attention elsewhere, undermining his attackers etc).

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #215 on: January 25, 2011, 03:46:29 pm »

@Leafsnail:
Ah. Missed your self quote in there both times around. Got it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2011, 04:43:13 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Dariush: Leafsnail, Ottofar
Org: JanusTwoface
Toaster: Dariush
Zathras: Jim Groovester

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 25, 2011, 05:05:36 pm »

So what do you hope to get out of asking?  Who do you suspect?

What I hope to get out of asking is, well...the slightest bit of information.  After all, everyone here doesn't think the exact same things as I do.  Knowing slightly more about what others think is useful.

People I suspect?  Well, I still suspect Janus, for the reasons I gave yesterday.  Org...I have no idea what he's trying to say, so I really don't know about him.  He makes little sense!  Is he always like this?  Zathras's defense of me felt a bit contrived at times, but I might just be paranoid.

Toaster seems to be refusing to answer my question today (which is odd, especially with his behavior towards Dariush), but he feels like a townie other than that.

Jim also feels like a townie to me.

It would be nice to see clear, useful, informative posts from Org, Ottofar, and Archangel.  Especially Archangel.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 25, 2011, 05:53:05 pm »

@Zathras:
You haven't posted anything to the forums since 22 Jan... Any chance you could grace us with your presense?  A LurkerTracker as well if you could?

Yeah, I was away yesterday. I'll post pending answers, thoughts, and a new tracker some time today.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 25, 2011, 06:14:30 pm »

Fuck what some shitty mafia wiki says on something. Also what JTF said about it. I didn't even look at the link.
Saying 'why am I doing the same thing as X, yet I am voted for it and he isn't?' is one of the top scummiest things I can think off the top of my head. Was that sufficiently non-shitty for you?
I was pointing out inconsistencies in Zathras' argument by comparing what he accused JTF for with previous actions other players had done that were somehow okay. I was the other player. It's still just as valid as if it were somebody else, and I'd still be here pointing out the inconsistency.
Same thing, except now you defend someone else for doing the same thing as you.

I don't know what you're talking about and neither do you.

The things I pointed out are scumtells. If you fail to realize they are, it's not my fault.

Not what I was asking about, dimwit. I wanted to know why you said this:

Why do I feel that I will be next in your list, Jim?

So I'll ask again until it penetrates the concrete, lead-lined thickness of your skull. What does whatever I'm doing with Zathras and Jack A T have to do with you, and why you think I'll be going after you next?

Dariush, it dawned on me when both Sorcerer's Apprentice and this game were in its night phase that you finished each day voting me. Are you searching for reasons to vote me because you've got a chip on your shoulder?
There was what, three days between the end of first days of those two games? I may as well say 'you are as aggressive as you were in Kingmaker as scum, so you must be scum'...

Not what I'm asking.

Since it's pretty clear that you've got a grudge against me, I want to know whether you're just scrapping for reasons to vote me to exact some form of feeble payback against me.

Is that what you're doing? You should stop that if it is.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2011, 06:21:31 pm »

Well this is strange. Org, JTF, do you think that lack of a NK was intentional?
Why those two?

Because you were the first to post and you mentioned Org. I was in a bit of a rush, so I chose you two because I didn't feel like reading through the list of players.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2011, 09:12:44 pm »

Dariush:
I ask questions so I can get a better read on people.  Sometimes I get lucky and they drop scumslips.  Sometimes not, but that's how I play the game.
Now, your refusal to answer Jack's question and redirection of it to himself is suspicious. So, my vote goes to you, Toaster.

You mean this question?

Everyone who voted MBP in the end: How does MBP's innocence effect your suspicions?

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Dariush: Toaster
JanusTwoface: Jack A T, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Zathras
Jim Groovester: Dariush
Mysteriousbluepuppet: JanusTwoface, Mr.Person, NativeForeigner, Ottofar
Ottofar: Leafsnail
Zathras: Jim Groovester, Org

I wasn't voting MBP.  I was voting you.  Ergo, he didn't ask me the question.  You should pay better attention.

Since I know what'll come next, I'll answer it anyway:  Not much at all.  Like I said D1, I thought Janus was more suspicious than him, and I thought Dariush was more suspicious than both of them.   Now that he's not paying attention, he's more scummy.

What I hope to get out of asking is, well...the slightest bit of information.  After all, everyone here doesn't think the exact same things as I do.  Knowing slightly more about what others think is useful.

People I suspect?  Well, I still suspect Janus, for the reasons I gave yesterday.  Org...I have no idea what he's trying to say, so I really don't know about him.  He makes little sense!  Is he always like this?  Zathras's defense of me felt a bit contrived at times, but I might just be paranoid.

Toaster seems to be refusing to answer my question today (which is odd, especially with his behavior towards Dariush), but he feels like a townie other than that.

Jim also feels like a townie to me.

It would be nice to see clear, useful, informative posts from Org, Ottofar, and Archangel.  Especially Archangel.

Noted on the question.  However, WRT me, you should pay more attention to your own questions instead of what someone else says about them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2011, 09:14:38 pm »

...what the fuck was I writing?

Gah.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2011, 09:19:52 pm »

First: Must remember in the future to actually make sure I'm actually writing something based around reality.

Second: With that in mind, Dariush is taking a spot in my list of FoSes.  Not a high spot yet, but a spot.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2011, 09:23:55 pm »

What is that list exactly? (Preferably with a sentence or so for each why)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24