Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dawn of War II (Retribution Beta Is Here!)  (Read 4167 times)

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of War II
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 01:39:34 pm »

(like a mekboy with a teleport pak that teleported ALL the way over to the side of the map WITHOUT the tower)

There's nothing wrong with this. The towers are shit, mobility is what you need. In later waves it's best just to hide behind a rock at the edge of the map and use AoE abilities, though, as it's nigh-impossible to avoid the hordes.

I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't for the fact I need those points to level up. Also, it's the first wave! I can solo that with a Farseer!

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 04:45:04 pm »

You do not level up from score, you get a set amount of experience per wave.

Control points are for score, and score is for score. Unless you're worried about the global leaderboards then it doesn't matter.

At any rate, I've beaten Last Stand several times, using everyone except Eldar. It's been pretty much confirmed several times over that the Farseer is vastly underpowered compared to the other four heroes.

Least damage, least utility, least durable, least bloody everything.

Hell last I checked there wasn't an Eldar anywhere in the top 100 on the leaderboard either.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 09:53:21 pm »

You do not level up from score, you get a set amount of experience per wave.

Dear god, this makes so much sense!

Can we level up multiple times from a single game?

At any rate, I've beaten Last Stand several times, using everyone except Eldar. It's been pretty much confirmed several times over that the Farseer is vastly underpowered compared to the other four heroes.

Least damage, least utility, least durable, least bloody everything.

Really, I think it's because the Farseer doesn't have a real role. Or, at least, can't sit comfortably in the role she's really meant to be playing. I play her as a speedy harrasser that removes strong opponents from play (like the SPESS MAREEN FORCE COMMANDER in Wave 4, although I've solo'd that entire wave in the past using confusion) and you have to remember that confusion is more of a "SHOOT THIS GUY" tag to enemy units than it is "cause destruction, little one".

If her items were changed to more heavily enable her in a combat or utility role (like more control / healing items and skills or higher energy regeneration) then she might be better off. At the moment, though, it's hard not to pick that laser pistol with the combat bonuses and load her out to be a speedy fighter.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 11:57:13 pm »

Honestly, I've had my greatest successes just staying in one of the spawn points and using my sorcerer buddy's AoE and Confuse to kill things as they spawn.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 12:58:46 am »

lolwrongthread

So how's about that Retribution guys.

Orks with Pirate Hats
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:07:51 am by Lumbajak »

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 02:01:44 am »

lolwrongthread

So how's about that Retribution guys.

Orks with Pirate Hats

I don't know, paying 35 dollars for EACH race's campaign is kinda not worth it for me.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 02:05:11 am »

Uhh, that's a preorder kit for some wargear you're not going to use.

You still get every campaign, what the hell ever gave you the idea they were selling each campaign separately?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 04:21:54 am »

It looks like that because of the way they set up their buy page.  I thought that too when I first saw it.

Still dumb though.  I get the rationale behind all these preorder bonuses, trying to entice people to not pirate/buy the game used, but still.
Shoes...

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 08:26:01 am »

Maybe in terms of pure damage potential, but the Farseer is anything but underpowered. In fact, without a Farseer waves 16 and 20 end up actually being difficult. :P

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 08:31:34 am »

We ended up choking on Wave 15. It was a pretty decent group, actually, even if we did have a Hive Tyrant who went down more than a Slaaneshi acolyte's knickers.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 10:23:33 am »

Maybe in terms of pure damage potential, but the Farseer is anything but underpowered. In fact, without a Farseer waves 16 and 20 end up actually being difficult. :P

I love confuse, hate mass confuse. I usually used Ward, ran into a big group of enemies and used that Floating Ability to kill big groups and confuse on the heroes.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 08:44:08 am »

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Re: Dawn of War II (Retribution Beta On It's Way!)
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 02:32:58 pm »

I can hardly wait. I'm a massive Imperial Guard fanboy.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of War II (Retribution Beta On It's Way!)
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 03:48:27 pm »

If I preorder Retribution on the 1st of January, do I get the demo when all of the other preorders get it, or do I have to wait until the 8th?

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 [2] 3