Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air  (Read 40345 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air
« Reply #735 on: February 07, 2011, 07:19:20 pm »

Well, the caravan we're supposed to be sending is remarkably unplanned still with no date set for them to ship out, and several people have yet to post schedules if I remember correctly.  Shade-O can't run the game if we're all too damn busy slacking to do anything worthwhile.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 07, 2011, 07:23:01 pm »

Anyone who doesn't post should be drafted first for hauling things into storage, and then for building the wall.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 07, 2011, 07:31:01 pm »

Anyone who doesn't post should be drafted first for hauling things into storage, and then for building the wall.
Agreed. You don't post, you daydream while doing menial labor at your comrades' direction.

Give me a minute to figure out how much we can carry.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 07, 2011, 07:34:25 pm »

I vote we switch menial to backbreaking labor nobody else wants to do, but fair enough.

Edit:  Or force them to crank out trade goods from our most abundant resourse ever, rocks.  And those that can't pump out trade goods due to the occupation of the the station instead get to work on the wall, depending on when we FINALLY decide to send the caravan out.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:42:58 pm by V-Norrec »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 07, 2011, 07:49:42 pm »

Didn't we have some mules or something? I can't find any.

Anyway, we've got a horse, five carts, and six dwarves.

If I understand this correctly, each dwarf can carry a single barrel in their hands, as well as one in their backpack. Since each barrel holds 20 food/drink and it takes a week to get there and a week to get back (I think?), we're only netting 6 food and 6 alcohol per dwarf if they do 2 a day rations like we have been. Spending two weeks to buy us three days seems inefficient, if we can avoid it.

Carts, on the other hand, carry 360 food or drink, meaning 18 barrels. It's unclear what is needed to pull one.

Pack animals carry three barrels, so 60 food or drink, and need a bit of rope to lash them on.

With the animal and cart situation unclear, it's a bit hard to go from this point, but in general we should bring as many pack animals as possible (unless we're concerned about something happening to them in the forest, which is reasonable), and no more dwarves than are needed to pull carts.

Furthermore, it'd take 42 food/drink to last six dwarves a week (again, on rations as we are). Taking two barrels of food and drink each, and then some isolated food in pockets/belts, is probably ideal here. The only issue is that if there isn't any food at the camp for whatever reason, or if they're prevented from reaching it, they'll be SOL, so taking an extra four barrels might be worth it to ensure a safe trip home.

Assuming a dwarf can pull a cart on his own, we'd probably want to drop that to 5 dwarves, which means a little less than two full barrels of food and drink. Weapons may be carried on belts or slung across a full backpack, so no worries there.

I'd also be in favor of waiting a few days to mess with my treant and craft some goblets so everyone doesn't tantrum when we get back. I have no idea how much time we should take off before setting off again, however.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 07, 2011, 08:23:43 pm »

We have 3 mules and a horse.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 07, 2011, 08:56:48 pm »

I did state that we aren't leaving until we get all the stockpiles moved inside.

As Irony stated, it's hard to micro-manage without getting some of our vital questions answered. I'd like to say "YUP, WE'RE ALL READY TO GO!", but that's just not the way this game is set up.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 07, 2011, 09:00:03 pm »

I somehow doubt moving a bunch of barrels and bins inside will take more than a day, unless you also want to move the blocks and boulders in, but I'm fine with them getting wet, not like water will really ruin a bunch of stone unless we leave it out there for a century or something.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 07, 2011, 09:08:08 pm »

How about 3-4 days for us to prepare for the expedition?

I would make 5 stone axes..? And a stone mace. Possibly flanged. See how they do...

We should also have the space for everything. Hows that?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 08, 2011, 12:54:28 pm »

good ,i think.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 12:57:35 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 09, 2011, 07:12:50 pm »

Give me a bit to work this out.

Also, I think that the caravan-events should be posted in the thread. It includes a large proportion of the group, everybody will find out anyway, and PMs are just messy.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 09, 2011, 07:34:14 pm »

Great, now I'll at least be able to read the stuff, even if I can't do anything.  That'll make me happier :D

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 09, 2011, 07:34:56 pm »

Soooo update tonight perhaps?
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 11, 2011, 02:05:41 am »

So, I just want to make sure, I'm being upped to manager of the fortress, right?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 11, 2011, 08:51:51 am »

in my eyes you are.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:09:01 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55