Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 55

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air  (Read 40308 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air
« Reply #660 on: January 31, 2011, 06:09:33 pm »

I also found this interesting...
Why do we punish? If it is to reap vengence then what does vengence gain us? It does not help our food supplies, it does not help us dig. It is a wild goose chase. Let go of your retributive emotions, you can sacrifice them for material gain, material gain for the whole community. Do not the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few? there is still much work to be done. The future of the fortress demands it!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 31, 2011, 06:25:40 pm »

Ochita, I was not defending Sandow, but his right. Continuing to argue at this point is silly.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 31, 2011, 06:30:43 pm »

Oh no I agree. I was using this to pull up quotes and such for easy access.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 31, 2011, 07:12:45 pm »

I'm assembling a list of who we have in every field. Is there some way you'd like it organized? Alphabetically, by how useful/important I think it is, by whether it's Production, Manufacturing, etc., by whether it's used to create wealth, in battle, etc.?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 31, 2011, 07:14:00 pm »

I'm assembling a list of who we have in every field. Is there some way you'd like it organized? Alphabetically, by how useful/important I think it is, by whether it's Production, Manufacturing, etc., by whether it's used to create wealth, in battle, etc.?

Yes, I was thinking Production, Manufacturing, etc.

I really appreciate it.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 31, 2011, 07:24:11 pm »

Yeah, organize it in production and manufacturing, but then put a little rating by it based on how useful a certain skill is.  That'd be good I think.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 31, 2011, 07:26:20 pm »

Like how alchemy isn't so great.. Or stonecrafting...

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 31, 2011, 07:27:44 pm »

On a related nonrelated note, norrec you still planning on that tavern?
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 31, 2011, 07:35:58 pm »

Yep, once everything gets set up and we set up an economy, I'm making a Tavern where I can sell the booze I make and the food I cook.  Considering I'm a fine chef, I should be able to make a tidy profit whenever traders come to the fort.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 31, 2011, 07:42:14 pm »

Yep, once everything gets set up and we set up an economy, I'm making a Tavern where I can sell the booze I make and the food I cook.  Considering I'm a fine chef, I should be able to make a tidy profit whenever traders come to the fort.
And I can help..?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 31, 2011, 07:49:23 pm »

I have looked over the skills, and have decided that I am not being mean enough to certain people (everybody). Thus I have added another three levels of negative skills, and even your natural skills start off at -1. Though it should prove easy enough to hit Dabbling.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sympathetic skill changes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 31, 2011, 07:51:56 pm »

As GM, it's obviously your duty to switch skills around while I'm trying to make a giant list of them. Thanks!

Also as long as you're explaining how mean you are, could you shed any light on what traits have an effect on skills? Ambidextrous and Visionary come to mind, though I believe you already told me Perfectionist gave a slight boost to making-things skills, right?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 31, 2011, 07:52:27 pm »

Damn... that one hit me hard.  Oh well, I guess I'll be able to pick up a few points in carpentry when the time comes to take those carts apart again.

Edit:  Shouldn't I be at 0 now in Furnace Operating since I burnt up several things into Charcoal?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:59:28 pm by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 31, 2011, 08:00:45 pm »

Well, I had to make the change before the list was complete, otherwise it would be rendered incorrect. In any case, there's still only a few actual changes to existing character skills.

Ambidextrous would be most useful with berserker skill (dual-wielding weapons), brawling (assuming you use both hands), and marksman (aiming and reloading). It might also come in if your main hand gets disabled and you have to wield with your off-hand, though so far that has not come up, nor do I know the hand preferences of anybody. Plus any quicktime events that require you to climb up a cliff-face or something.

Visionary is most relevant to architect, priest, and philosopher.

Perfectionist is basically a small boost to all manufacturing skills.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 31, 2011, 08:13:23 pm »

And I can help..?

Heck yes, you can make all of my high-quality mugs, bowls, plates, and eating utensils :D

I want to have a classy place after all, keep the riff-raff out.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 55