Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air  (Read 40314 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air
« Reply #645 on: January 31, 2011, 11:46:45 am »

I guess you could use a withered touch dwarf for weeding, as long as you told him to try to take care of the weeds and only the weeds, and he wasn't a fumbly bumblebee.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 31, 2011, 02:37:39 pm »

Norrec as manager? I'm okay with hat.

EDIT: I think we persecuted Hastur's character more for being an asshat than for taking things.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 31, 2011, 03:06:06 pm »

It's attempted theft and theft.  He stole Gar's puppy, and attempted to steal stuff from quite a few other people, including myself and Ochita a whole lot of times.  You got to get back at that somehow, I thought a trial would be more appropriate than any other action.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 31, 2011, 04:15:41 pm »

EDIT: I think we persecuted Hastur's character more for being an asshat than for taking things.
Pretty much. If it was just about the things we'd just take them back; I don't think he fully succeeded at grabbing the bed, bars, or gem, Gar got his puppy back none the worse for wear, and obviously now that we know about the gear we could just snatch it, though in theory his hoarding probably contributed to Norrec's injuries.

Also, DDP didn't really quit because he was afraid Norrec would come down on him about taking things, did he?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 31, 2011, 04:16:53 pm »

Welp... Hope the Death portal happy funtime love portal goes unoticed.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 31, 2011, 05:26:02 pm »

OK, so if I try to grab somebodies belongings, but I fail, it doesn't merit punishment now?  OK, I'm going to continually try to grab his golem, then when I get it, I'll just have it smash anybody who says I stole it, since apparently failing at theft isn't a crime, when I'm finally successful I'll have a great bodyguard that'll beat up anyone who mentions theft.

Also, DDP quit?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 31, 2011, 05:35:21 pm »

Did he actualluy try to steal things?
Because I don't remenber anything other than trying to claim dead dwarves things and trying to train the puppy, which wasn't really steaking.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 31, 2011, 05:37:38 pm »

Did you not read my case, he attempted to steal stuff at day 1 that was listed in people's personal items, then he stole the puppy until Gar took it back, after training it to who knows what extent (could very well be an attack dog now that'll gut somebody on his command, we don't know), and claiming my stuff after I died, when it should have gone to Ochita.  Yes, I'd say he's attempted to steal quite a few things.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 31, 2011, 05:37:47 pm »

Did he actualluy try to steal things?
Because I don't remenber anything other than trying to claim dead dwarves things Urists stuff from Norrec dieing and trying to train the puppy, which wasn't really steaking.
I fixed that for you. He tried to take Norrecs gold bars after they were passed to me, same with the bed and other stuff.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 31, 2011, 05:45:14 pm »

I think if his true intent was to steal, he probably would have done so via PMs with Shade-o.

And Norrec, you will not take his Golem without punishment as I would without a doubt know that you knew the full extent of what you were doing.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 31, 2011, 05:47:09 pm »

So, he's a bad criminal.  Let him face the consequences of being bad at attempting to steal things.

Edit:  It was an example.  Personally I'd brand him a thief and strip him of title.  That way people would know to not trust thier belongings around him and he'd have a harder time stealing from others.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:50:27 pm by V-Norrec »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 31, 2011, 05:50:44 pm »

I claim her bed! and the gold bars+anything else Drag it to my bedroom.
I'm fairly sure that Urist gets all her stuff.

OOC: Hastur, I HATE your character.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 31, 2011, 05:58:15 pm »

I'm fairly sure that Urist gets all her stuff.

OOC: Hastur, I HATE your character.

To me that looks like he was trying to get first dibs on a dead dwarf's possessions. Although extremely greedy, I wouldn't define it as theft.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 31, 2011, 06:00:56 pm »

Even when I should have it?

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 31, 2011, 06:06:14 pm »

That wasn't exactly defined until after his action. Even if Shade-o didn't intervene, I'm sure several of the PCs would have.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55