Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air  (Read 40327 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air
« Reply #615 on: January 29, 2011, 09:46:50 pm »

Uranium shouldn't be a radiation hazard until you discover enrichment, until then it's just good old fashioned heavy metal poisonings.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 29, 2011, 09:47:03 pm »

Rolan, mind me being a trader..? Also teaching me some elven talk?

Sure, I'll do my best.  My Elvish is clearly less than perfect (understandably!) but maybe I can teach you enough to trade.

Also, can I request an increased friendliness between Urist and Adil?  Urist has been so friendly, despite Adil's issues, and they spent time together worshiping Kun.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 29, 2011, 09:50:06 pm »

Rolan, mind me being a trader..? Also teaching me some elven talk?

Sure, I'll do my best.  My Elvish is clearly less than perfect (understandably!) but maybe I can teach you enough to trade.

Also, can I request an increased friendliness between Urist and Adil?  Urist has been so friendly, despite Adil's issues, and they spent time together worshiping Kun.
Well I am the consoler of the group so... I should try to keep a good relationship with everyone!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 29, 2011, 09:55:15 pm »

I've been trying to be nice to you too.  I feel as though my character doesn't hold anything against the surfacers, she just likes staying underground more.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 29, 2011, 10:07:07 pm »

I've been trying to be nice to you too.  I feel as though my character doesn't hold anything against the surfacers, she just likes staying underground more.

I get that.  Adil has a lot of respect for Norrec, but both characters are pretty reserved.  Urist is so friendly that Adil seems annoyed, but really he's one of the main reasons she stays with the fort at all.

That's the way I see it, anyway.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 29, 2011, 10:21:07 pm »

I get that.  Adil has a lot of respect for Norrec, but both characters are pretty reserved.  Urist is so friendly that Adil seems annoyed, but really he's one of the main reasons she stays with the fort at all.

That's the way I see it, anyway.
Thats... Kind of good to know... Sheesh. I should be PR :P
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 30, 2011, 01:11:05 am »

Litast lets people do whatever they want and Kogan doesn't even pretend to be in charge. Great leadership team right here.

At the time I became leader, I considered taking charge by telling everyone what to do for maximum efficiency. I didn't go that route because I didn't want to make my first impression to make me seem like a megalomaniac dictator that wishes to rule the lives of all the PCs. If the majority's all right with it, then I'll be more controlling to maximize efficiency.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 30, 2011, 06:12:36 pm »

There's a difference between Dictator, Leader, and Lax Beyond all Belief.  Right now you're in the Lax beyond all belief category.  If you want to switch it up to Leader, then that'd be great so we can make more progress.

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 30, 2011, 06:28:55 pm »

I think a stronger leader would be better.
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 30, 2011, 06:42:32 pm »

Personally, I prefer the situation we've got now, where someone steps up if they feel it's needed, but otherwise we all do our own thing. Having an official leader who's technically the highest authority is kind of nice, but I don't think we need a leader in the traditional sense.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 30, 2011, 09:27:37 pm »

It's nice for doing what you want, but we need a sense of direction, purpose, goals.  Mayhaps some kind of payment based on those goals.  I have a system in mind, but like I said, I don't have any offical power

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 30, 2011, 09:31:57 pm »

Urist will stand up, if no one else does... Firstly we need to at least get some type of caravan for collecting more stuff. Then we work on mining out our communal dining and sleeping area. Then getting everything indoors and defences. We take random bits of time so we don't go insane. Maybe it could be a day off or something...?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 30, 2011, 10:01:17 pm »

None of us have any official power; Litast is in charge because we shrugged and put her there.

I'm curious to hear your system, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 30, 2011, 10:05:55 pm »

I concur.
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 30, 2011, 10:29:34 pm »

It's simple, right now there is no way to get anything from the communal stockpile, other than to steal it.  Thus if I want to create something that's only for me, I'd essentially have to steal the parts to make it.  My idea is reward people for finding food, making booze, mining, killing attackers, etc. etc. by creating a system where you can personally claim CERTAIN items out of the communal stockpile by doing tasks of high value.  For example, I've come up with this as a basic system

Find/Gather 30 food:  1 Point  (This is one day of food for everyone)
Tend the Farmlands for 2 weeks:  1 Point  (not applicable if you have the negative plant growing trait)
Brew 30 units of alcohol:  1 Point
Mine 10 units of stone:  1 Point
Mine 5 units of metal:  1 Point
Create 3 piece of furniture for the community: 1 point (this will go up in time and the others will go down as we alleviate the food crisis and have a better gathering system in place)
Build 10 units of protective wall (must be above makeshift):  1 Point
Create 10 units of goods for trading:  1 Point

Then we simply have to have to assign prices to everything in the communal stockpile that we agree to let be taken, and suddenly people have a legitimate way to gain wealth through hard work.  As I said it's a little bit of a basic system, but it will encourage people to work towards our goals of establishing ourselves and get paid for it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 11:37:35 pm by V-Norrec »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55