Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air  (Read 40357 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress OOC Thread: Spring is in the air
« Reply #600 on: January 29, 2011, 09:12:08 pm »

Litast lets people do whatever they want and Kogan doesn't even pretend to be in charge. Great leadership team right here.
Hey, it's not my fault that my Unaware trait didn't reduce the effectiveness of my arguments.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 29, 2011, 09:12:26 pm »

Shade-o, what are the materials needed for assembling a full wagon?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 29, 2011, 09:15:28 pm »

... well, I want to send people but nobody puts me in charge.

Actually you know what, to heck with it, I already do most of the mining plans and am not afraid of bold leadership, I'll send people without asking anybody else, consequences be damned.

Fuckin finally.  You know I look to you for leadership anyway, right?
I'll "lead" the expedition as a guide, as soon as we're sent off (after the trial, I imagine).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 29, 2011, 09:20:16 pm »

Rolan, mind me being a trader..? Also teaching me some elven talk?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 29, 2011, 09:21:05 pm »

Shade-o, what are the materials needed for assembling a full wagon?

A lot more metal than you have right now.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 29, 2011, 09:22:24 pm »

Better get to mining out that ore then...
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 29, 2011, 09:24:42 pm »

Yeah... but I hate making the living quarters look like shit just for some metal that we can't even identify.  It might just be a bunch of tin, what a joy that would be to figure out.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 29, 2011, 09:26:41 pm »

I'm torn on that one. On the one hand, a wagon could be very helpful.

On the other, the whole operation would be a massive pain. How deep is this metal supposed to be?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 29, 2011, 09:29:43 pm »

Well... We *Could* melt some metal armor... But would that really be enough... Would it be worth it?

Could we not use the carts we have... And isnt there one in the forest?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 29, 2011, 09:32:22 pm »

I doubt smelting down our metal armor would be worth it, even if it was sufficient.

We can use the carts, but last time there was more than we could carry in them. I imagine a wagon would increase our capacity. Of course, I'm not sure how useful that will or won't be once we stop pillaging the expedition site.

The wagons they had were sunk into the mud. We could bring shovels and excavate them, though it'd likely require at least another night in the forest of doom, but the treants were stripping everything else of metal; there's no guarantee they wouldn't be similarly pillaged and therefore useless.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 29, 2011, 09:34:21 pm »

I vote we just use the current carts, I'll get started on having the fortress dig out some metal.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 29, 2011, 09:40:40 pm »

Possible metal ores in granite:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Therefore, possible metals in granite (though you are not aware of some of these):

Plus all those other things you find like gems and such.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 29, 2011, 09:42:05 pm »

Possible metal ores in granite:

Therefore, possible metals in granite (though you are not aware of some of these):

Plus all those other things you find like gems and such.

I'm glad I looked at the Df wiki.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 29, 2011, 09:42:11 pm »

Mmmmm, I'd like for you to stay here, but there really isn't any reason too, so sending you to be another dwarf on the expedition is probably a good idea.  You can take my leather armor and I'll make a shield out of wood for you, should make your life a little bit easier and/or safer.

List of people I'm sending on the expedition:

Adil, Urist, Sandow (criminals make great bait for traps... just sayin'), Athor, and ermm... Tor ((DDP's character))  That's 1 guide, 1 craftsman, 1 trap bait, 2 soldiers.  I expect this to work swimmingly.  You can also force the trap bait to do trading for you.  I suspect this will work out well for everyone.
Norrec's decision here will stand, then, as multiple people seem to be in favor of it. If anyone has any complaints about this, please see me. Or maybe our real leader.

Kogan's so very responsible, finishing his letter during a trial. (I believe he writes his letters a bit at a time, when he finds himself with nothing to do.)
Spoiler: Letter to Tosid (click to show/hide)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 29, 2011, 09:45:58 pm »

Watch it be Uranium... we're going to get fucking cancer.  Ah well, at least if most of those are somewhat useful or valuable, I'll give in and mine it up.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55